HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ryan Mallett (Y/N)
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Ryan Mallett (Y/N)
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 15, 2011 03:54AM

I saw that, Jamie Duke is kind of a douche. A "caucasian street guy", like Vanilla Ice, Eminem, and Slash. I think Jamie DUke might get put on blast by Slash and Eminem for putting them in the same category with Vanilla Ice.....lol......
That comment by DUke, was not only ignorant, its kind of borderline racist....

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 15, 2011 04:36AM

Does anyone have a link to the comment?

Date: April 15, 2011 04:43AM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 15, 2011 04:51AM

Date: April 15, 2011 04:52AM

Date: April 15, 2011 05:00AM

If the Upper teir (ie-Mr Ross) feels that Henner gets another year and chance as starter, then maybe Mallet is worth the risk in round 2 if we can acomplish a trade down and grab a solid player in the first round.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 15, 2011 05:06AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Phins are making their courtship with Ryan
> > Mallett *VERY* public. Not only did they let
> the
> > entire football world know they meet with him
> > once. But now, they are letting the entire
> > football world know they are meeting with him
> > AGAIN!
> >
> >
> > It only tells me one thing......this is a smoke
> > screen and they will not be drafting Mallett AT
> > ALL!!!!
> >
> >
> > They are wanting a team in need of a QB to
> trade
> > up by thinking that we will pick Mallett at
> #15,
> > when in reality we wont. We want to trade down.
>
> Agreed. I don't think we take him, even if we
> probably should.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
And please dont get me wrong, I believe we need a QB. I dont think Henne is the QB/Leader/Player we want behind Center on our beloved Phins.

If we cant get Newton or Gabbert, then I want Mallett. But I think they are making this whole "courtship" and "personal meetings" too cheese-ballish for me to actually believe we are gonna take him.

I smell smoke and mirrors horribly on this.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: April 15, 2011 05:20AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:

>
> I'll just say two things about your report
> though:
>
> 1- It said they don't publish stories without
> confirmation from multiple sources but in the
> story they talk about one anonymous source coming
> forward.
>
> 2- I take anonymous sources with a very large
> grain of salt.

It sounds like the source from inside the Arkansas program was a teammate. Anyone who is gonna get the chance to see him do coke and weed, is most likely a teammate that wasnt so keen on his drug use. Ratting on a teammate publicly, is bad for team unity. If he got 2 sources that told him the same thing happened from with in the program and it deserves a little more wieght IMO. Would you expect, a source like this to post his name to it. Admit he was in a scene that had drugs around it, and ratted on his team captain..... YOu will never find a source like that ever IMO

Date: April 15, 2011 07:30AM

Date: April 15, 2011 12:39PM

No worries

The comment was a bit odd, you could tell Trent Green and Rich were a little taken back by it and insulted.
I just thought it was odd of him to have to say white in front of it,
WHy dont you just say he is a street kid or from the streets or from the hood or grew up in the hood, WHy does he have to be a caucasian street guy, and then say he is like EminEm, Vanilla Ice, and Slash. I am not sure what he meant or was trying to genralize Mallet, by how he talks and acts to 3 totally different people, correlation of them being white and musicians and all had drugs and alcohol problems, how the hell does that apply to Mallett.
If it wasnt racist it was definetly moronic and arrogant as hell.
I lost some respect for Jamie DUke on that one.... He acts like an A*s alot , but that was just uncalled for.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 15, 2011 01:36PM

Phil Simms said...if ryan mallet is not a top ten pick...I quit.

Says mallett and newton are best qbs in draft.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 15, 2011 02:04PM

eesti Wrote:
> Phil Simms said...if ryan mallet is not a top ten
> pick...I quit.
>
> Says mallett and newton are best qbs in draft.

This is going to be an interesting draft. I look forward to Simms quitting...and us drafting Mallet.

Date: April 15, 2011 02:11PM

montequi Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Phil Simms said...if ryan mallet is not a top
> ten
> > pick...I quit.
> >
> > Says mallett and newton are best qbs in draft.
>
> This is going to be an interesting draft. I look
> forward to Simms quitting...and us drafting
> Mallet.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
HAHAHAHA!!! thumbs up

I actually think the Titans might pull the wool over everybodies eyes and take Mallett.

---------------------

Date: April 15, 2011 02:15PM

Date: April 15, 2011 02:59PM

Everyone says Mallets skills are off the chart, and grade him really high on multiple levels. The only questionable grade is footwork, which every NFL coach feels they can fix no problem.
It is all about mental/character with him that is dropping him down. If you read Mayocks analysis you would think he was scouting a probowl player, and then he says with all that, in a reality check mode, There is no way I would pull the trigger in the 1st rd on the kid. That makes me nervous. TO be honest I would have thought Cam Newton would have been drilled this pre draft and it has been Mallet, taking all the microscope off of Newton.

I am sure somebody will look past the character questions and take a shot in the 1st, unless the issues are really bad behind the scenes. Maybe he will grow up, and all of these issues were heavily exaggerated stories of basic college experimentation and typical partying of athletes.

He seems like he screams Raiders! But they dont have a pick in round one...

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 15, 2011 03:22PM

I think the knocks on Mallett are more than just foot work. They are processing info when under pressure and the lack of mobility needed to evade the rush....from what I have read anyway.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 15, 2011 03:56PM

Didn't listen to the comment so I don't know why he lumped Mallet, Eminem, Vanilla Ice and Slash together, but if it was white dudes who act black, Slash is black.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2011 05:15PM by dolphaholic.

Date: April 15, 2011 05:13PM

eesti Wrote:
> I think the knocks on Mallett are more than just
> foot work. They are processing info when under
> pressure and the lack of mobility needed to evade
> the rush....from what I have read anyway.

I said his knocks are mental/character and footwork.
Mental would include to processing information
Lack of mobility would also be part of bad footwork.
The core of his problems all relate to this stuff

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 15, 2011 05:23PM

I've read he's the most "pro ready" QB talent wise in the the draft, no? I'll defer to Irelands judge of character here, (he seems to of guessed right with Dez Bryant) and if after 4 visits he says yay/nay, i'll be alright with either decision. Wheather it's a smoke screen or not, he has to be learning something with all these visits.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 15, 2011 05:29PM

I don't recall EVER hearing so much good AND bad about a single player before the NFL draft. I swear, there's been more news on Mallet lately than Newton or Gabbert combined. This kid is going to be special. I feel it.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 15, 2011 05:49PM

Yeah, and seeing more film of him, he looks (appearance wise) like he could be Chad Henne's brother.

He throws similarly also.

Wow! Didn't he also start at Michigan?

Could be the folks at Michigan draft similar quarterback types.

Lotta Henne haters on this board.

We don't want to drive Nastyfish mad if he turns out to be like "Henna."

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 16, 2011 04:41AM

I seriously doubt there's any risk of Ryan Mallett turning out like Henna Sloth. Mallett has outstanding touch (when attempting the same Henna throws a tumbling loaf of bread 10 feet over the head of a wide open Fasano in the end zone). Mallett hits receivers in stride whereas Henna overthrows a wide open Brian Hartline down the sidelines for a sure TD (missing Hartline by nary 15 yards!). And we could go on and on but…

Don’t forget how AWFUL and pathetic and laughable the battle of the suck QB’s was in NY when Sanchez remarkably out-sucked Henna for the suck-wad trophy (this was perhaps Henna’s greatest achievement last season). And how about all the late game chokes and assorted implosions orchestrated by Henna Sloth with remarkable consistency and an amazing aptitude for LOSING the game!

Nope. Ryan Mallett may not be the answer but he’s already so far ahead of Henna it’s a joke. As others have noted the Sloth QB is at the very BOTTOM of the league. Seriously, it’s hard to get worse than that…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2011 04:43AM by BigNastyFish.

Date: April 16, 2011 06:14AM

Henne does not look to be a confident QB. Physically he may have posessed the right tools, but he does not have it mentally. He is just not strong in pressure situations. That was my primary reason for wanting Thiggy in. He's played under the worst conditions possible , coming off the bench in injury situations on the road and while he failed you can see the kid trying to make something happen. He had that spark, that Eye of the Tiger.

I just see no urgency whatsoever in Henne. Doesn't even look frustrated on the sidelines. No emotion whatsoever. A true Puppet. Hell if a reciever ever spoke about Dan Marino to anyone but his face that guy would get it a mouthful. he wouldn't stand for it. A True leader.

Henne does not have it. He won't this season either or the next.

Does Mallet? Does any of the Draftees? Lets hope Irlend can tell this time.

Date: April 16, 2011 06:45AM

I dont see , how you guys can assume Mallett is so far ahead of Henne. He isnt.
THe both have physical tools that are through the roof. They both have problems with accuracy, they both have some mental issues. Neither guy has been dominant, in college.
They both have the skills, but believing Mallett, will succeed where Henne hasnt is not really realistic. I am not saying he will not, but he is no more a guranteed pick then Henne was or is.

Date: April 16, 2011 06:52AM

Date: April 16, 2011 06:57AM

But my main issue is that Mike Mayock doesnt think Mallett will be a franchise QB.

I dont really listen to "draft pundits", but Mayock is normally right on QB's.

---------------------

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 16, 2011 07:26AM

I had no idea Henne's college stats were so weak. On numbers alone Mallet blows Henne away

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 16, 2011 07:27AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 16, 2011 08:59AM

there is still a chance (however slim) that henne turns it around and becomes a great QB. If so it will either show this season or never at all. but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take a QB in the first if we think that guy has got star ability. he sits on the bench this year and if henne turns out to be great, then we have a great problem to have---we could trade one of those guys for some high picks.

but bignasty, I totally disagree with the unprecendented and basically nuts idea of taking a QB in the 1st and in the 3d (or 4th or 5th). that's a total waste, you are basically guatanteeing one of those high picks will never see the field.

Date: April 16, 2011 09:07AM

SOrry I do not think his stats are that much more impressive, Mallet played on a better team then Henne. Stats are important, but oviously there is more to it then just states.

On stats alone Cam Newton is way ahead of everybody, but does that mean he is more ready then Henne or Mallett for the NFL and the most likely HOFer of the group. Most scouts would debate that fact, and you all know I like Newton.

I am not a big fan of Henne becasue he never won the big games in college, the same could be said for Mallett. When he faced Alabama and Auburn he lost.
When Henne faced teams like Ohio State, he lost.
IS it all on the QB or do we admit some of it is on the team as well.

If Mallett, lead his team to the promise land, I would be buying him alot more then I am now.
I want a guy who can deal with adversity, and overcome, I am not sure that guy to be Henne, but saying a guy, who is question to be not a drug user but a possible addict is hardly the guy you look for as far as dealing with adversity and overcoming.
Mallet can chuck the ball, but I am not sure he has the head for the NFL. We will see in do time, and argueing over and over again is not going to make it so. It will be his play and his attitude on his team once he is drafted. How he takes his oppurtunities and runs with them.
Anything is possible.
Most intelligent football minds, call him the wildcard of this draft. Either a jackpot or a bust. Lets see. People can grow and mature, so maybe that is what happens. If he is strong enough to overcome the issues he is questioned to have, then he is a strong willed person, where anything is possible. If he isnt, the team who drafts him is in trouble. With Henne you dont have that risk. You just have the risk of whether or not he has the mental toughness to lead his team to the promise land, through consistent play.

Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.