HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ryan Mallett (Y/N)
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Current Page: 6 of 11
Re: Ryan Mallett (Y/N)
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 14, 2011 09:00AM

Guys, we have to remember. Ryan Mallett is Phinsfan's "man-crush". I have mine as well, Casey Matthews.

But, its ok. Time will tell if this guy (Mallett) is the real deal or not. I also think the draft will come and go with Mallett not being a Dolphin unless he falls into the 3rd round.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2011 09:06AM by Aqua&Orange.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Billick: "Mallett has Ryan Leaf written all over him"
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 14, 2011 09:06AM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 14, 2011 09:15AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 14, 2011 09:25AM

Phinsfans
The eyes never lie, Yes I can read people, and alot of the times I have seen Mallet on TV and stills, his eyes, look tired. Tired eyes consistently are normally a sign of a sickness or a drug/alcohol problems. I am entitled to my 2 cents, what the big deal. YOu are going to compare me saying his eyes look rough to psychic readings, I can promise you he has been asked about his eyes.... Maybe he has a valid conditions, but dont try and act like his eyes dont have questions to ask? and I am out of line for making that assumption. THis is what this time of year is about for players who want to be drafted, some hold up to the scutiny, some have questions, Mallets is one of those guys in the question category. If he is good, he will solidify his position in the other category.

I am not responsibile for judging this mans character to invest in, that is up to someone else with alot more information then I have.
You defend Mallet's character, as if you have been his AA sponsor for his entire college career. How the hell do you know the kid is squeaky clean with bells and whistles. Your defense of him is no more accurate then those who question his character.

Date: April 14, 2011 09:52AM

Date: April 14, 2011 10:05AM

Phinsfan,
I got no problem be question and defending my positions, you know that...lol....If its was just the eyes , you are right I would be out of line, but it is a little more then just some speculation about his eyes. WOuldnt you say?
The guy was arrested, for being drunk and the officer said he smelled like weed.
WHen he is ever asked, about the drugs, he says I have no idea where the information is coming from. TOtal denial, which makes me a bit suspicious.
When asked if he passed the drugs test at the combine, he said yes before anyone knew, maybe he was confident in his cleanliness, or maybe he has a strategy of denying all reports of drugs use no matter what.

Then I started to hear all kinds of crazy stories as posted above, true or not, i bet you dont have people saying that stuff about you. SO normally some smoke, there is some reason.

Then I have seen him om TV, alot, and he seems to be a little stand offish and irratible.
Then I began to notice his eyes,
SO all of that together, If I was responsilbe for drafting him, I would triple check his character, and want these question out there to have answered, if he answered them well, I would feel, good. Becasue he has alot of defending to do and that is not easy,
But if his response was I have no idea why people would say any of these things about me, I would run like hell! To me it sounds like he is saying the latter, which draws only more concerns.

Date: April 14, 2011 10:14AM

Date: April 14, 2011 10:17AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 14, 2011 10:31AM

“Its in the eyes...”

I like this kind of diagnostic. It has a chance to stick. I can see it now.

Freddy Footballer has great speed. Excellent vertical. Quick hips and nice lips. His hands remind of pork chops with suction cups but…and this is why I cannot personally recommend drafting Freddy Footballer before the 6th round, there’s something in the dudes eyes. I mean I think he’s probably killed a large population of mammals (instinct tells me stray kitties or maybe squirrels) and he doesn’t like his mother. Yep. It’s in his eyes. He’ll drop more passes because his left iris in tilted 31-degrees off axis and his moon is rising in Taurus. Just check out the “down and distance” in those dark sinister eyes and you’ll agree. Quick hips and nice lips. But bad eyes.

smoking smiley

Date: April 14, 2011 10:44AM

Are you guys serious? You are questioning the eyes comments, I think you guys need to do some reading.
I didnt make up the line or philosphy about the eyes out of nowhere.
"Eyes are the windows to the souls" is a biblical reference in mulitple spots from Mathews to Luke even Mark, in different forms
Eyes are the mirror of the soul- English proverbs
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter- Cicero
Latin Proverbs, French proverbs, etc

I could go further with references but I assume you get the point, as you all try and minimalize a philosophy, as old as mankind....come on guys,

Date: April 14, 2011 11:01AM

Date: April 14, 2011 11:04AM

-on how it bothers him when he hears attacks on his leadership ability
“I’ve heard that a couple times and I just don’t get it......

-on the perception that he “stormed off” from his interview during the NFL Combine
“I didn’t storm off at all...........

-on whether he’s ever had any issues with teammates
“No, no sir. I’ve never had any kind of issues with a teammate on the sideline, in practice, in the locker room – anything like that. So don’t know where that’s coming from either.......

-on his alleged drug use and where those rumblings came from
“You know I couldn’t tell you. I couldn’t tell you.........

you dont see a problem with these answers?

Date: April 14, 2011 11:05AM

Date: April 14, 2011 11:06AM

Treasure,

That was already posted. Just look above. Phinsfan hid it in this thread.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: April 14, 2011 11:07AM

Date: April 14, 2011 11:08AM

Date: April 14, 2011 11:12AM

A smart person would be honest and take some resposbility, for his actions. When you question somebody about some in a job interview and they blanket deny, everything negative, that is a red flag. Sorry it is, the GM's also think that as well.
Most GM's are most concerned with honesty about ones self, all kids have smoked a little weed, got drunk or made mistakes. They ask questions they know the asnwer to, and when he denies that, which it sounds like he is doing, then they assume the person is lying about alot more, and has a problem with taking resposibilty. ALa RYan Leaf. What agenda does Bilick have in making that strong of an accusation about a kid 2 weeks before the draft. I would suggest he has alot more infromation then I do, and isnt in the business of destroying a kid that bad before the draft. Come on, that is awful. The more credible people say things, I am going to guess they are not all making this stuff up out of thin air. You think Bilick made this opinion lightly, and made it up, as Mallets responses would have us believe?

Date: April 14, 2011 11:13AM

Date: April 14, 2011 11:13AM

Sorry didn't see it. Its at the Top of the Newswire here.

Thats still a F*ked up comparision to make. Kid has skills. But can you trust him with your lap Top if he's your roomate on the road? eye popping smiley

Date: April 14, 2011 11:23AM

Date: April 14, 2011 12:00PM

Phinsfan, so you believe everything is unwarranted , he has handled himself properly, not issues, I just dont agree. And I do not think you carry this same attitude towards all players ever question about character. It seems like you are a little blinded on this guy.

THere are over 300 players up for the draft, lots of Qb's in the press being talked about, 50-80 guys in all positions that are probably on the media scope and tour. WIth all these players Mallet has been picked out of a hat, and their is a big conspiracy about him, to make up stuff,from all facets of his life and teams. Yet cleared all these other people. I just dont believe that. In comparison to the other players in the draft especially at his position, people have singled him out the most. WHy? And WHy Him?
SO I have more questions, if you have some stuff you have done, be honest with teams, and stay away from the press, dont go on any and every press that will take you, and deny everything. I just see alot of questions and that is not what you want in the first couple rds IMO. If Ireland clears him, then I would have faith in the pick. Becasue he has alot more information then me.

Date: April 14, 2011 12:47PM

Date: April 14, 2011 02:35PM

Date: April 14, 2011 02:42PM

Date: April 14, 2011 03:12PM

Com on Ireland!? Ask him if he has ever smoked Crack, I dare ya!

Seriously They said the same about Marino. That he was a long haired Pot head.

Date: April 14, 2011 03:26PM

Date: April 14, 2011 03:47PM

All kidding aside. I agree 100%. I feel bad for Mallet becuase he is getting strung along.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 15, 2011 03:35AM

Date: April 15, 2011 03:40AM

Phinfans, the reason people are willing to grade him second rd, is because his physical skills are so dominant he is worth the risk on character with a second rd. Nor more of a risk then taking Pat White, or John Beck in the second. Big difference then risking a top big money pick on a guy.
If you listen to Mayock talk about him, he raves about him as the best Qb in years, and then he says based on character issues i wouldnt touch him in the first rd. He is riskier then Sam Bradford or Matt RYan. Another guy with amazing physical skills and question about his character was RYan Leaf, and another was Dan Marino. IS he Dan Marino or is he RYan Leaf, that is a pretty big difference, and that makes people nervous. I can see why you like him, but I think you need to be a little bit more realistic about the concerns people are mentioning. I believe them to be at the very minimum, partially true and still concerning. Mallett could be the next Dan Marino, he has the skills. We have a a guy on our team right now in Henne that has the skills, but has yet to be able to put the total package together for an entire season, what makes you think Mallett will be able to put the total package together for a whole season, and then a career.
I am not saying he will not be successful, I just think there is substantial risk invovled.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 15, 2011 03:46AM

Now he's being compared to Vanilla Ice and Eminem. Ouch.

Current Page: 6 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.