Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 18, 2011 08:10AM

Both of these bits of news kinda shocked me today, for obvious different reasons. Since Saunders was cut he can sign with anyone right away, good player but way to injury prone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: February 18, 2011 09:59AM

Bob is a great safety when healthy. For the right price, the gamble would be worth it. He's top flight when 100 percent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 18, 2011 10:04AM

Just sign him, then dont play him until week 12 or 13.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: February 18, 2011 10:07AM

We need to sign Sanders ASAP pending the new CBA. This guy is difference maker when healthy and would be another weapon to an already championship-caliber defense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 18, 2011 10:17AM

Saunders plays the same position as Bell. I thought we were pretty set on defense. Not sure why we'd make this move. We need to concentrate on upgrading almost every position on the offense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 18, 2011 01:04PM

Sanders plays SS, the same as Bell. And long term, Reshad Jones may be a better fit at SS than FS. So, Sanders doesn't really fit. And, football is a brutal game. Sanders has played in 9 games since 2007. In the NFL, guys that broken down usually don't suddenly become healthy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: February 19, 2011 12:48PM

Dave Duerson was a nice guy. Gone at 50--very sad. sad smiley He will be missed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Date: February 20, 2011 01:18PM

Ruled a suicide. Money is not all there is to life.

I feel bad for his family and friends he left behind. But I think Dave is a selfish coward.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: opus ()
Date: February 20, 2011 01:29PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: February 20, 2011 07:01PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 20, 2011 07:31PM

How can you call someone a hypocrite for being sympatheic, Mia1?

Why don't you tell us why you think this poor man does not need sympathy?

Even if the guy did not have a brain injury, which I am not saying he didn't, do you think that people who commit suicide are NOT in a living hell or torture?

You think he just woke up one day and said, "Hey, you know, I've got a great idea for sticking it to everyone that I don't like. I'll just kill myself."

I don't know but I'll bet that when a man (or woman) comes to that point, the world must look pretty damn bleak and whether it is through an organic mental disease or through despair, such persons should be pitied.

Unless, of course, it's Bernie Madoff, who has stolen millions and has transferred the money to his heirs and is just committing suicide because he doesn't want to spend the time in jail. Other than that, I can't think of any other example where suicide could be considered "selfish" as if the suicide actually gets a positive benefit from committing suicide.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2011 07:38PM by ChyrenB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Date: February 20, 2011 07:44PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 20, 2011 07:53PM

So by your logic, if a man has financial problems, you must ignore any physical problems. So by your logic if a man has financial problems and is accidentally set afire, you would ignore the fact that he jumped into a lake to quench the fire and drowned and of course say, he killed himself because of his financial problems.

Tough crowd.

You said that your family comes first. Well, right now, sitting by your computer without the problems he had or might have had, that's easy for you to say. You are not in his shoes but you think that with a full belly and a happy life, of course you are able to say what you would do and you are able to pass judgment. (That's Judgment which a decision instead of Judgement which is a thought process).

But you have no idea how it was for him and how to put yourself in his place and you better pray you never do.

And lastly, you better pray God does NOT have a sense of humor because he might just take you up on your boast.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Date: February 21, 2011 07:48AM

I do know that there are Hundreds of ex players that have had many many more Physical problems and head hits. Don't know of any that killed themselves. Concidently he just happens to be broke very recently has more to do with it. None of your example make any sense or apply here.

Facts: Used to own a 60 million company. new company went broke.

Fact: arrested for Domestic violence wife divorced him.

Fact: He killed himself instead of dealing with it all.


Your fact: 30 yrs ago he played pro ball at a high level and has had a few Boo boo's like everyone else that is now retired.


Please don't bring god into this. Thats the ultimate sign of a failed argument. You do not know me or what I have acomplished in the eyes of my family and my god.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 21, 2011 08:26AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Date: February 21, 2011 08:57AM

Differnce is I've quoted facts. You have done nothing but rationalize. Man took the easy way out instead of dealing with it. Selfishly Took his own feelings of depression and guilt over the feeling his family is now left with. Thats fact. Rationalize it anyway you wish . BOOM. Cowards way out. Fact.

Good day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 21, 2011 09:44AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan wrote:

. You do not
> know me or what I have acomplished in the eyes of
> my family and my god.

RESPONSE: You never explained the hypocrisy of complaining that people who don't know you are talking about you yet this is what you did to Dave Duerson.

Explain that and then I'll let you go.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 21, 2011 09:49AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ruled a suicide. Money is not all there is to
> life.
>
> I feel bad for his family and friends he left
> behind. But I think Dave is a selfish coward.


Mental health is way more important than money.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 21, 2011 10:13AM

And bottom line is I suspect this suicide most likely had more to do with mental health than money.


But of course, I don't know. I am neither among his family or his friends and I don't presume to talk about people that I don't know particularly when it comes to such a tragic occurrence.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: February 21, 2011 10:27AM

Outside the lines is doing a segment on it right now. They are suggesting brain lesions from brain injuries and concussions are affecting the areas in the brain that have an affect on emotions,etc.
They are studying brains of players that have killed themselves, specifically Waters who played for Philly and now most likely Duerson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: February 21, 2011 10:30AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Differnce is I've quoted facts. You have done
> nothing but rationalize. Man took the easy way
> out instead of dealing with it. Selfishly Took his
> own feelings of depression and guilt over the
> feeling his family is now left with. Thats fact.
> Rationalize it anyway you wish . BOOM. Cowards way
> out. Fact.
>
> Good day.


Take a 1000 violent collisions to your head, and the damage done to these guys health and more specifically brain, before your passing judgement on this poor man, May be RIP. Godbless

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: February 21, 2011 11:16AM

I swear everyone shut up about it. Who gives as ... about a a guy who used to be rich. Im sorry your brother, dad, husband, son, uncle, newphew ect. Killed himself, obviously in his mind, he thought that the only thing left to do in this world, was to go out with a bang.

I personaly know'n people who would have a FANTASTIC REASON TO KILL THEMSELVES, like the ability, or lack there of to even feed, or whipe there own as.

This guy whooooo he had concusions, so has MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of people, yeah he wasnt normal, I mean he killed himself.

He went broke, I am broke there are others, much more broke than me. He had a great life, and took some risk, it failed, so now what?

Obviously he feels that he had nothing left to contribute to this world.

Cool if that's how you feel, then no one can change your mind, so thank you for making a decision, and move on with it.

We all die, EVERYONE DIES!!!!!!!!! I'll give him this, at least he had the balls to pull the trigger, even though he is a coward in my eyes, again you try becomming paralized, and unable to do anything, like Christopher Reeves was, what did he do? He did alot to help crippled people live better lives, he didnt take the easy way out.

You want to feel sorry for a ex multimillionaire who had a string of bad luck, then go ahead its your life feel if you want.

Some of us could really not care, its not like its affecting my life, except one less person to take up my air.

Thats just the ugly plain truth. No way to beat around the bush. Its a fact of life, infact somone just died, and I bet within a couple hours there will be another suicide.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 21, 2011 11:24AM

Mia1, you ever think about working at a suicide hot-line?.......just a thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: February 21, 2011 11:29AM

I would love too.

Mel Gibson did it right in leathal weapon. DO YOU REALLY WANA JUMP THEN GO AHEAD JUMP!!!

If your that depressed then bonf..ing voyage baby. smoking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 21, 2011 12:24PM

Mia1, what would you say if the autopsy revealed he had a tumor on his brain?

Reply to that and don't duck and hide.

(I'll give up and do what you promised to do when you posted...."I swear everyone shut up about it" and then continued to rant for a whole page).

Let's imagine the coroner just said, "He had a tumor on his brain."

What would you say then?

What I'm trying to get you to see which TreasureCoast REFUSED TO SEE, is that you can't make statements like that unless you know WHAT caused him to do it.

And just because he had those financial and family troubles, you can't AUTOMATICALLY say, "I know the cause of death and I know what it was."

Are you a member of the family or a close friend?

Crowder seems to have information that the problem was organic.

So, Doctor Mia1, what are you gonna say now? That he still had the capacity to resist suicide even with a physical problem of the brain?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Date: February 21, 2011 07:39PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mia1, you ever think about working at a suicide
> hot-line?.......just a thought.


LOL. I didn't think there would be anything bordrline funny in this thread , but THAT was funny!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: February 22, 2011 04:03AM

Cryn I DONT CARE enough to worry about it. The news saying it was a suicide, considering that the family is going to donate the brain to science, should be enough to say hey there was no tumor.

Again I don't care if it was a suicide like the reports are saying, its a suicide, go cry him a river.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: opus ()
Date: February 22, 2011 04:41AM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cryn I DONT CARE enough to worry about it. The
> news saying it was a suicide, considering that the
> family is going to donate the brain to science,
> should be enough to say hey there was no tumor.
>
>
Sooo following your logic, if the family thought there was a tumor, they would not honor his wishes and donate his brain to be studied??
It states in the article I posted that even the researchers will not have conclusive evidence for months.

Did you ever think the dementia etc... associated with brain injuries maybe led to the collapse of his marriage, his business, and his life in general.

I only hope and pray you never have to deal with mental illness, because Karma for comments like yours could be a real b(*_h!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Date: February 22, 2011 05:39AM

opus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mia1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Cryn I DONT CARE enough to worry about it. The
> > news saying it was a suicide, considering that
> the
> > family is going to donate the brain to science,
> > should be enough to say hey there was no tumor.
> >
> >
> Sooo following your logic, if the family thought
> there was a tumor, they would not honor his wishes
> and donate his brain to be studied??
> It states in the article I posted that even the
> researchers will not have conclusive evidence for
> months.
>
> Did you ever think the dementia etc... associated
> with brain injuries maybe led to the collapse of
> his marriage, his business, and his life in
> general.
>
> I only hope and pray you never have to deal with
> mental illness, because Karma for comments like
> yours could be a real b(*_h!!


He had no dementia. State were it said that. His family donated his brain , just like Zack Thomas has done. Man choose to end his life. I judge him poorly for that. Say what you want about me and Mia1 , thats the fact. You want to make excuses for him and cry for him. go ahead. I never once put you down , wished anything on you or attacked you.

We choose to be realists. YOU are accountable for YOUR actions. HE made a concious decision to purchase a weapon , load it , and point it at himself. Then HE pulled the trigger. Thats not the sign of anyone with Dementia.

I can't feel sorry for anyone who left so many people behind very saddened and burdened. Life was great when he won 2 Superbowls. Life was great when he owned a $62 million company. Then things happen and this is how he copes with it?

Feel how you want to feel , let us have our opinions. Wishing bad karma on us is kind of despicable and you need to apoligize or learn karma works many ways itself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bob Saunders released & Dave Duerson died today
Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: February 22, 2011 05:54AM

i told myself i wouldnt get inivolved here, but i cant help it, there are so many areas to turn to for help and he apparently did not, so i cannot feel sorry for his selfish acts, i have dealt with suicide in my very close family, and i dont feel sorry for them either.

Suicide is a very selfish uncaring personal act and is inexecusable and unforgivable. So as far as Dave Duerson is concerned, good riddance.

Having said that i hope his brain comes into good use in finding the cause and a good cure for that kind of depression and self loathing.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2


Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.