HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Chad henne or Tyler Thigpen?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Chad henne or Tyler Thigpen?
Date: February 14, 2011 08:14AM

Poll
34 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Chad Henne or Thigpen?

Whether you dig Henne or not we have had ample time to judge him the past two seasons. Thigpen However has not. Maybe the answer to our QB situation (or a decent stop gap until one is available) is right under our noses. Thigpen came in during that last game of 2009 and KICKED ass. He started 1 game against The bears with a injury riddled team. Thats about the extent of his playing time here. He can scramble. He can throw on the run. I like his tenacity.

I really feel that Saprano is Too hard on him becuase he can't control him like the Henne Puppet master. Saprono was critizied from fellow players as too much of a micro manager. Is he giving Tyler a chance?

What do you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2011 08:14AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chad henne or Tyler Thigpen?
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 14, 2011 08:15AM

Where's the "none of the above" choice?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 14, 2011 08:23AM

Henne sucks, Thigpen sucks more.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:56AM

Here's your chance to shine, Mia1.

Date: February 14, 2011 12:08PM

Oh gosh....we dont need to give him a platform.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: February 14, 2011 12:39PM

Thank you, you ugly I could kiss you for this thread!

Alrighty then, yes Thigpen is getting the shaft from Sparano.

Thigpen has Marshall's endorsment over Henne.

Thigpen has the balls to make it happen, come hell or high water.

He has ALOT more upside than Henne. He is a more year polished, and one year older, 2 inch's shorter, has more consistancy to me, not quite as much as a arm, however he can hit the center of the field goal post from the 50, so that's good enough for me.

He seems smart between the ears, and he needs this year to start, he needs to be this team's starter for 2011, and give him 7 games to see what he has got.

That's all I ask, and I have said he is the best answer right now for the Dolphins at QB, untill we draft Luck, or he might pan out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2011 01:12PM by Phinsfan2.

Date: February 14, 2011 12:50PM

I have to agree, unless we we get lucky and one of the Top 3 QB's fall to us , I would rather they let Thigpen show us what he has for at least Training camp. We know what Henne has. I also think Thigpen would kill in the WildCat option. With some practice consistency with his recievers would come.

Date: February 14, 2011 12:57PM

You didn't disappoint any of us, Mia1. There is security in knowing that things always remain the same like the sun comes out every morning and the moon comes out every night (whether or not they are blocked by clouds) and that water is always wet and that there is always sand on the beach and that Mia1 will always support having Thigpen as our starting quarterback.

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: February 14, 2011 02:09PM

I decline to vote for either joke of a QB

Date: February 14, 2011 04:11PM

I don't know joke of a QB is a bit harsh, I mean Im not a Henne fan, but he isnt a joke, Thigpen lit us up in KC, and almost beat us in 09.

Thigpen basically started almost one season, Henne had almost two.

When Thigpen came in for us, he moved the ball well.

Again Joke is a bit harsh man. Your the Joke of a QB, not two guys who completed, and played in college, and in the pro's.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 14, 2011 05:39PM

in thigpen's only year with a significant number of starts, he posted better #s than henne ever did, with worse talent. make of that what you will, but I've seen more from thigpen than henne

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 15, 2011 05:27AM

They are both a couple of jokes. They both stink. They will never amount to anything in the pros. We need to draft a qb.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: February 15, 2011 05:38AM

For 2nd or 3rd stringer?

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 15, 2011 05:39AM

socalphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For 2nd or 3rd stringer?

for that yes. But not nearly for starting.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 15, 2011 07:08AM

I don't have a problem with either one of them being on the roster in 2011, assuming a viable 3rd option in the mix. However, I think you've overstated Thigpen's case when you say he KICKED a$$ in the 2009 PIT game. He threw for 50%, 1 TD, 2 INT, 83 yards.

I was at the KC game in 08 where he played some exciting ball. The receiving talent there included the best TE ever to play the game and an underachieving but clearly talented Dwayne Bowe. The OL and running game were pretty shoddy that season for KC, but Tyler managed 320 yards passing, 3 INT and 2 TD with an additional rushing TD. He completed under 50% of his passes (not too far from his full season of 54.7%). I can't get away from the idea that the Chiefs won only 1 game in 08...a game in which Thigpen had a 70.6 rating and threw for 1 INT and 0 TD. In other words, they didn't win that one game because of him.

We have crucified Henne for causing losses last year. Many have said that a good QB can and should overcome lack of talent around him...or at least make the talent around him better (or appear to be better). I see no evidence of this with Thigpen. I see a player who's athletic and a relatively inaccurate gunslinger. KC let him go cheaply after getting Cassel - and they let him go when Cassel was putting together a horrible 09 season. I think he'd be more exciting to watch, but probably equally frustrating. I think he had the balls to play the way he did against NE last season because it was the end of his contract and he really had nothing to lose...so he did something Henne was unwilling to do - went off script.

Date: February 15, 2011 07:44AM

Fin fan24 Wrote:
> I decline to vote for either joke of a QB

I respect your opinion, but how did you come to that conclusion on Thigpen after only 1 start with a injury depleted team?

Date: February 15, 2011 08:28AM

Thats easy, because they where all pissed that Henne got benched, and expected Thigpen to light it up regardless, putting extreme high hopes, that he can come in under that extreme curcumstance, and be the next Marino.

Even though to me watching games both QB's have played in that Thigpen is clearly a better overall QB.

Certain people on this site, dont like him, because again they had all there hopes up in Henne, and when he failed, they just got mad, and said screw all of them, and draft one in the first round.

Nothing you say of reason Mr Tresurecoast, will ever get through to them. EVER!

Date: February 15, 2011 12:47PM

Date: February 15, 2011 03:33PM

I recall the cheifs were just horrible that year. you're right they had some good players but most of the ones you mention were on the decline. I think we discount the talent we have on offense---marshall is a pro bowl receiver, bess is a top slot guy. They played down to the level of QB play since no one could get them the ball.

I don't know, to me it was beyond impressive that in thiggy's first year starting he had more TDs than INTs, that almost never happens with a rookie. Not sure why KC gave up on him and why MIA seems to have done the same.

Date: February 15, 2011 06:40PM

Date: February 16, 2011 07:29AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 16, 2011 07:43AM

Date: February 16, 2011 07:54AM

he's a FA so we get nothing for him----as usual

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: February 16, 2011 07:58AM

The Dolphins need to make a decision. Either bring in a QB that will be legitimate competition for the starting job, or let Thigpen compete fairly for it. I think Tyler would win out. But then who am I?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 16, 2011 09:26AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> he's a FA so we get nothing for him----as usual

Whoops.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 16, 2011 10:27AM

I really hope we re-sign Thigpen, even if he does end up as the #2 or #3 QB (which I think is likely). We better not hang our hats on Pennington coming back anymore! Let's bring in some new blood, keep Thigpen and Henne (of course) and let them all fight it out in TC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.