HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          We need to trade Bess.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: We need to trade Bess.
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: February 04, 2011 06:06PM

I think that it is pretty clear that we need to KEEP good players...and then add a few more.

To increase team speed, we need an outside receiver w/ elite speed and also need to add speed at TE and the RB positions.

Bess' skill set is perfect for the slot position that allows him to use quickness, great hands, and a solid frame to move the chains.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: February 04, 2011 06:14PM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: February 04, 2011 07:11PM

Make Bess a part of a package deal for DeSean Jackson, and then maybe you got the start of something people will want to hear. smiling smiley

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: February 04, 2011 07:26PM

Thank you Toko, I like Bess, but we dont need him is my point, he is a waste of talent on our team. What this team needs is a dynamic speed wr.

Marshall would be better as our slot wr, especially if we had a Desean Jackson on our team to compliment him.

No one is thinking about that, there being narrow minded, and are not putting any real thought about what this offense needs, what we have to give, and what it will take to belong.

Belong in the elite, best of the best.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: February 05, 2011 02:33AM

Down the field reciever is a definite need on our team, and Jackson is quite disgruntled on how the Eagles have treated him on his contract. Who knows, could happen.

Bess and a 2012 3rd rounder for DeSean? Think the Iggles would take it?
Darn NFL Contract dispute thing only makes it a dream, but I'd do it.

We'd line up Marshall @ Split End, Jackson @ Flanker, and Hartline @ Slot. Sounds like a playoff team to me.

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: February 05, 2011 03:21AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BobT Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > I also find the insults hurled on this board
> by a
> > certain poster to be immature and
> > counterproductive to the conversations on this
> > forum.
> >
> >
> > "my opinion"
>
> RESPONSE: I will step up and say that I am
> properly reprimanded but maybe after you have been
> here a little longer, BobT, and you start reading
> a discussion about a football issue, and then see
> Mia1, go ballistic enough times, you may come to
> have more sympathy for how I just got sick of it
> at that moment.

You're not the only one, but I appreciate that you took ownership of your part in it. For the record, I've been registered here since November of 2008, and I might not post 100 times a day, but I read most everything posted here. I try to take a step back, and if I find something offensive, I report it. There was a thread removed recently after I reported it (concerning Marino's sons) that hit too close to home (my son is Autistic, like Michael Marino), and I too blew my stack. I just think that a certain poster tries to bait the rest of us into posting nasty replies on his posts. Either we report him, or ignore him, or reply in a more calm manner, and he has nothing to work with. smiling smiley

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: February 05, 2011 05:43AM

BobT Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> -----
> > BobT Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > > I also find the insults hurled on this
> board
> > by a
> > > certain poster to be immature and
> > > counterproductive to the conversations on
> this
> > > forum.
> > >
> > >
> > > "my opinion"
> >
> > RESPONSE: I will step up and say that I am
> > properly reprimanded but maybe after you have
> been
> > here a little longer, BobT, and you start
> reading
> > a discussion about a football issue, and then
> see
> > Mia1, go ballistic enough times, you may come
> to
> > have more sympathy for how I just got sick of
> it
> > at that moment.
>
>
> You're not the only one, but I appreciate that you
> took ownership of your part in it. For the record,
> I've been registered here since November of 2008,
> and I might not post 100 times a day, but I read
> most everything posted here. I try to take a step
> back, and if I find something offensive, I report
> it. There was a thread removed recently after I
> reported it (concerning Marino's sons) that hit
> too close to home (my son is Autistic, like
> Michael Marino), and I too blew my stack. I just
> think that a certain poster tries to bait the rest
> of us into posting nasty replies on his posts.
> Either we report him, or ignore him, or reply in a
> more calm manner, and he has nothing to work with.
> smiling smiley

More commonly stated: "Don't feed the trolls"

Date: February 05, 2011 05:58AM

Fine I am a emotional guy, and some of you like pulling my strings, so hey that makes me entertaining.

I appologize then for the blatent irrational behavior, but it is me, I don't pussyfoot around man, I tell it like I see it, which is a opinion right?

I know that stating the obvious, especially pertaining to our Bess, would rub people the wrong way, but it needs to be done, like giving up a puppy, because your son is jelous, and treats the dog mean, yeah no one wants to do it, especially your other daughters, but its in the best interest of your family.

See I deal with though's types of issues, so trading Bess for what this team's need. like Desean Jackson, is alot easier to digest for me.

Date: February 05, 2011 06:05AM

I also don't know Marino's children situation, However I thought he had a older son who just didnt want to play football. Bob I would never make fun of anyone who is born autistic, or retarded, or any crippling manner. I defend thoughs people to the death if need be.

I have one daughter who has ashbergers, so I know how difficult it can be sometimes, but also know the joy a dissability can be.

I too have dissabilities, in fact was born with club feet so bad, that they had to do surgery to straighten my feet, and I wore Cast for the first six months of my life, and the first 3 years I wore special boot shoes so I would walk normal.

I also was diagnosed in the early 90's with ADD, and ADHD, and had a horrible LD in math, contributed by short term memory problems, when I went to the Silvan learning center.

So to do everything that I have been able to accomplish, and continue to accomplish in my life speaks volumes, of what a can do attitude can do, and when you don't beat around the bush's and take poopies from idiots.

Of course people on here only assume things, and don't know the truth about jack squat, which is one reason why I get so angry at a select few, who where either blessed with a normal body, and mind, or sheltered by there parents, and brought into this world with a loving family, not one torn apart when there young, and so fourth.

Its ok though, because no matter how bad things seem to be, there is alway's somone who has it worse, and I am thankfull with the little I have, and the ability to show it off when needed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 06:09AM by Mia1.

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: February 05, 2011 06:56AM

OK- let's all agree to disagree on Devon Bess, OK?
We've all expressed our feelings on this, and especially since we don't have any control on if Bess is traded or not, let's move on...

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: February 05, 2011 07:53AM

It depends what you trade for.

3rd rounder? No way. 2nd rounder? No. 1st? Maybe.

It's trading a proven (not just proven, but among the leagues best at his positions) for an unknown. Good teams don't do that.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: February 05, 2011 07:58AM

Date: February 05, 2011 12:09PM

See Bob what I was talking about in the PM? Ghotirule's response is why you get what you get.

When you read certain threads, I know its bs, so out of sake for you and others, I wont respond negativly to that trash remark.

Well Futt Bess is sure handed, slow, quick, and a model athlete. He has alot of worth, but the problem is who would fetch us more value at trading, Marshall? Bess? Hartline?

Which wr needs to go to make room for our dynamic speed machine?

Its like having to pick between 3 of you favorite woman.

We all know that we need speed, and cant have all speed, and keep the same wr's we have. So again if we go out and bring in the dynamic speed man, who the hell is the odd man out?

You could keep the three mentioned, however that will only weaken our other needs, due to lack of draft picks. So that brings me to my point of who out of the three would give us the best chance to land our compliment wr, also compliment is who would compliment Marshall. So pick ether the faster bigger Hartline, who can catch the ball good enough, or the sure handed little guy, who doesnt do much except move the chains, when our other two wr's are doubled up?

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: February 05, 2011 04:09PM

I just came back from a long trip and saw this thread. Of course it did not surprise me who started the thread.

I only have one comment regarding this

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah

Dude.........You are a tool.

Oh and stop bringing BobT into this. The guy made a comment same as everyone else, what is he the school principle?

Date: February 05, 2011 04:32PM

Yeah Ranger1 your cool!!! Do us a favor, go back to where you just came from. We will let you know how the Phins do next year.

Posted by: opus ()
Date: February 05, 2011 04:40PM

Yay....draft picks....will solve everything..God knows the ones that we got for Welker really panned out!!! Once again..get rid of the guy who is producing so that we can keep the disappointment and bring in some total unknown from the college ranks. I swear I think I am living in the twilight zone sometimes.

Date: February 05, 2011 04:43PM

We got Marshall and Hartline, they both produce, I don't think this team will be much worse off, if we got a speed wr to replace Bess.

Its not like Bess is our only option, its ok though, I will be serving up cajun, lemon peppe, and hot sauce flavored Crow this time next year, pending on a trade, or another year of boring offense do to lack of speed, if we do not go out and get a dynamic wr, either draft, or F/a.

Date: February 05, 2011 05:23PM

Add me to the No Fricken way camp! What do we do if Brandon Marshall gets hurt again? Lightening rarely strikes twice and we were lucky as hell to find Wes Welker as a walk on. Then again we got Bess! Who I think is better , he just needs a better QB to get him the ball like Mr pretty Boy Brady. No way Bess goes anywhere!

Date: February 05, 2011 05:25PM

I really want to say that this is the dumbest topic that I've read in a long time, but we all know that's not even remotely true considering all of the other garbage that gets posted.

It's still pretty bad, though.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: February 05, 2011 05:43PM

> Marshall needs to be our slot wr. Trade Bess, and
> go out get the Calvin Johnson, or Reggie Wayne, or
> Mike Wallace, or Vincent Jackson, to compliment
> Marshall's ability.

Okay now I agree with you. However, I'm not sure anyone is going to trade those players for Bess. In addition, there is no way of being sure that anyone you draft with the 3rd rounder, at best, would even be remotely comparable to those players. The chances are remote.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: February 05, 2011 08:39PM

Why don't we trade Long also and see what we get for him and dansby. This conversation is pointless unless you want to fill it with what if's. What if we get this guy for that guy or that guy for this or maybe we get a really good WR or a QB who can shoot rainbows from his a$$, or maybe NOT!

Apparently some people have not been paying attention the our draft's for the past decade. Nothing in the draft is a sure thing and we are not exactly drafting HOF players, except maybe Long.

So yes Mia1 you can go and urinate yourself because people point out the flaw in your logic on almost every subject you post on or you can collect whatever sanity you have and maybe think before posting and you won't get treated in the fashion that you constantly complain about.

Date: February 06, 2011 04:14AM

ranger1 Wrote:
> Why don't we trade Long also and see what we get
> for him and dansby. This conversation is pointless
> unless you want to fill it with what if's. What if
> we get this guy for that guy or that guy for this
> or maybe we get a really good WR or a QB who can
> shoot rainbows from his a$$, or maybe NOT!
>
> Apparently some people have not been paying
> attention the our draft's for the past decade.
> Nothing in the draft is a sure thing and we are
> not exactly drafting HOF players, except maybe
> Long.
>
> So yes Mia1 you can go and urinate yourself
> because people point out the flaw in your logic on
> almost every subject you post on or you can
> collect whatever sanity you have and maybe think
> before posting and you won't get treated in the
> fashion that you constantly complain about.

Or you could just not be an a..hole when responding????? Works both ways.

At least I have the balls to type what I am thinking at the time. Even though I get all the attention, love and hate mail from the posters on here.

Honestly Ranger1 all you seem to do lately is be on the short bus that has a single mission, which is to collectively acquire all the a..holes this site can muster up, and pit them against the guy's who are trying to take what the team has, and make it into a sb contender, even if that means giving options and opinions that might not be on the "cool kid's" to due list, but is creative thinking none the less.

I am at least generating topics that have people responding, and keeping the life-blood of this site going during the down time.

Not just responding to post, with crap like your retarted, or stupid, or no no your crazy, your just, just welll I think that some are just jelous really? Explains alot of the hatemail I suppose?

I don't know not like the few mentioned have ever attempted to PM like a man, and talk back and forth, instead your just cluttering the threads with hatemail.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 06, 2011 05:00AM

so mia1 were you happy with the welker trade? like welker bess was a street free agent and we got a high pick for him. how'd that work out?

also, this desean jackson talk is nuts. what makes you think he's on the block? news flash, teams don't just trade great players for the hell of it. you think the eagles would trade him at all, let alone for devone bess and a 3d rounder? this isn't madden.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 06, 2011 06:26AM

Date: February 06, 2011 06:27AM

He doesn't play Madden.

For that matter, I don't think anybody here plays Madden besides me (that I know of).

WTF?

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 06, 2011 06:50AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 06, 2011 06:50AM

I don't play madden either, but from what I understand you can make trades that have no basis in reality, that was my point.

Date: February 06, 2011 12:37PM

Hey last time I checked Bess wasnt on the market as well judt dsying or well gi ving a fantasy scenario.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.