HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          We need to trade Bess.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
We need to trade Bess.
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: February 03, 2011 07:50AM

He has improved his value 2 fold, and is easily worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Everyone say's Marshall is a posession wr, so move him in the slot.

Drafting a Titus Young, or another speed wr threat, and make him our number one would cement our wr corps.

Bess catch's the ball thats about it, he doesnt have speed, is crappy as a punt returner, and doesnt have the size to topple CB's. Marshall has him beat in all aspects, besides dropping the ball, but in all fairness he makes alot of hard catchs too.

So lets trade Bess essintially for Titus Young, and have hot sex with fat chicks!!smileys with beer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We need to trade Bess.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 03, 2011 08:19AM

NO.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 03, 2011 08:26AM

No way!!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 03, 2011 09:01AM

No.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: February 03, 2011 09:57AM

Why dont we trade mia1 to a new york jets board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2011 09:58AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: February 03, 2011 10:35AM

2 words- Wes Welker...

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 03, 2011 10:52AM

Date: February 03, 2011 10:59AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why dont we trade mia1 to a new york jets board.

thumbs up

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: February 03, 2011 11:02AM

Glad you brought this one up huh?

No, can't go with that.

Any elite team has several blue chip players, bess is on the way to becoming if not already one on this team.

We need more not less of these, as a 3rd or even 4th rounder doesn't guarnatee even close to it.

Just because we got bess for no draft picks doesn't mean we get better by dropping a good player for a pick.

- Can you say we got a good deal for our second rounder with white last year ... I think we keep quality, drop the marginal and wait our turn to develop what youth we have and what picks we have.

Like the economics expression goes, - no free lunch

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: February 03, 2011 11:46AM

This is the single worst idea I've ever heard.

Date: February 03, 2011 11:47AM

IMO bess is worth more than 1 pick anyways.

Can you imagine bess in a patriots uniform. Yeah i know. I wont even remind any of you any more. Welker!!!!!!!!!

Well i just did but anyways.

We just need a dam QB and a revamped OL and we will be just fine with the receiving corps we have.

Ok maybe another receiver in the draft or free agency. Why should we continue to trade the few good players we have. Then draft a player and start all all over again? Wont happen.

PS. Get rid of the scrubs not the good players.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: February 03, 2011 12:03PM

Why would u trade away your best 3rd down target? He's affordable, quiet, works hard, and produces. Why would your trade a player like that for a draft pick that is no guarantee of anything?

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: February 03, 2011 12:29PM

and while were at it lets trade cam wake for a 5th rounder because you know we didnt draft him either? eye rolling smiley

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 03, 2011 12:47PM

If someone offered me a 1st round pick, then I would trade him.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: February 03, 2011 02:26PM

Cause we have such a good track record hitting gold in the 4th round eye rolling smiley

Date: February 03, 2011 02:36PM

Why you ask? Simple draft picks.

Hartline is more than capable of replacing Bess, however Marshall would do even better.

Instead of trading Marshall away, who is the better overall wr out of both of em, not behavior wise, but talent, and size.

Like everyone has said, he is affordable, and reliable, which means tradable.

I wouldnt care if NE traded for him, because he would be competing against, Welker, and Edleman for playing time.

I would much rather see us acquire a speed wr, who runs a 4.4 or better.

It is the most logical move to make regarding a trade, hell try for a second round, but I dought anyone would offer that.

We got bigger issues like RB, QB, C, G and T.

He won't really get any more than what he gets now. So trade him before he get's hurt then his value will plumet to a 4th or 5th round which is poopies.

Date: February 03, 2011 04:54PM

Mia1 you are lost and hopeless.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 03, 2011 06:27PM

No, you keep the valuable parts of your team and trade the less valuable ones to those teams in desperate need.

You don't trade anyone good in a position of need because at best you are just going around in circles and WR is a position of need.

Particularly WRs who seem to know how to catch the ball no matter how hot it is thrown and Bess is better at that than Hartline or even Marshall.

Date: February 03, 2011 10:05PM

Date: February 04, 2011 05:54AM

I understand that Bess is like the only bright spot on offense the past couple years.

HOWEVER HE DOESNT DO SH.T TO OPEN UP OUR OFFENSE!!!

He catchs balls big deal we already have 2 other wr's that catch the ball just as good as Bess.

Hartline makes alot of nice grabs not as automatic as bess, but goood enough to replace him.

We need speed, and guess what Hartline is faster, and bigger than Bess.

We need a deep threat, so who the hell are you going to trade, or drop to make room for that new Mike Wallace???????????

Its got to be one of em! Bess prob has the best trade potential out of all of em!

You guys are still thinking inside, and outside the box people.

It's time to open your universe to the 4th dimision, or be stuck in normal land where everything is FUBAR.

You know he won us so many games last year, was the game changer right?????

No he didnt, he contributed, but he never took over a game, and dominated which means replaceable, and with his hands, he can catch us a solid draft pick.

Or we can keep him, and be stuck with slow wr's for the next couple years, and continue to bitch about how slow our offense is, then finaly let him walk in FA, and get jack and S.it for him.

Thats what this team does best isnt it?

Date: February 04, 2011 06:03AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> If someone offered me a 1st round pick, then I
> would trade him.

And he is definetely worth it.

Date: February 04, 2011 06:20AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> I understand that Bess is like the only bright
> spot on offense the past couple years.
>
> HOWEVER HE DOESNT DO SH.T TO OPEN UP OUR
> OFFENSE!!!
>
YOu think it's up to a single player to open up the offense? It's routes, alignments, etc., that do that. In the slot Bess gets matched up against LBs. He doesn't need super speed to get open against those guys, which is why he's so reliable.

Posted by: seadevil ()
Date: February 04, 2011 06:48AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> It's time to open your universe to the 4th dimision

Just remember that things have already changed a great deal (presumably).

You’re probably going to see more four and five receiver sets next season. So think about that in terms of matchups.

If the Dolphins can find a legitimate deep threat WO, an opposing defense would have to deal with a deep threat and still have to deal with Marshall, and Bess underneath. And with Hartline around, that would be another problem for a defense.

Bess is a weapon, the question is, which is the higher value, his trade value, or his value to the team.

Date: February 04, 2011 08:50AM

montequi Wrote:
> Mia1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I understand that Bess is like the only bright
> > spot on offense the past couple years.
> >
> > HOWEVER HE DOESNT DO SH.T TO OPEN UP OUR
> > OFFENSE!!!
> >
> YOu think it's up to a single player to open up
> the offense? It's routes, alignments, etc., that
> do that. In the slot Bess gets matched up against
> LBs. He doesn't need super speed to get open
> against those guys, which is why he's so reliable.

RESPONSE: Even without the points you made, Monte, this is a textbook example of why you, Mia1, are disrespected on this board.

First off, dude, you let your emotions carry you away. When anybody even posts a comment you disagree with you get angry and go WAY OVERBOARD. But your comments are stupid, even on an elementary level.

Take this comment for example, you conceded that he is "the only bright spot on our offense" and then SCREAM that he "doesn't do sh*t for our offense."

That is self-contradictory. How can he be a bright spot if he does nothing for the offense.

You say that he "catchs balls so big deal." It IS a big deal because unfortunately, Marshall is so double covered he doesn't get thrown to and the rest of our receivers have the droppsies, particularly Hartline.

And the rest of your post is just to silly to respond to. You criticize our most productive receiver for not winning every game and ignore all other parts of the team including the coaching and defense.

You sound like a little boy with a lot of time on his hands, a computer, and very little common sense, let alone very little judgment.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 04, 2011 09:07AM

Date: February 04, 2011 09:34AM

Hey thats fine, you can call me ever name under the sun, afterall this is only a message board.

Bottom line, regardless of what you or me, or others see.

Bess is our best option to go out and get our deep threat.

He is the short man on the totum pole, and eveyone knows it.

Marshall needs to be our slot wr. Trade Bess, and go out get the Calvin Johnson, or Reggie Wayne, or Mike Wallace, or Vincent Jackson, to compliment Marshall's ability.

Instead your argument is lets keep a guy, because he catchs balls.

Not like he breaks 20 30 yard td's with them, it happened once out of three years.

The main reason he was catching so much in the first place is because Marshall, and Hartline demanded the attention, and like you pointed out Cry'nB that he was covered by LB's, and the ocassional safty, and still couldnt tear open the occasional 15 20 yard run, which is why Marshall needs to be in Bess's spot, while we bring in a Vincent Jackson to be our deep threat, demanding double coverage, while Marshall tears up LB's and Safty's.

I guess that makes to much sense to some on here? Boggles my mind really. We could get a 3rd maybe 2nd round for the guy, who we already have a better replacement on the team, and everyone is like no no thats stupid blah blah, wait we need a speed wr a true numberone, but wait we still need Bess, so lets ship out the better Marshall instead right guy's????

Is that your brilliant plan?? Or trade Hartline for a 4th 5th round camp fodder guard???

Get real, get off the gravy train, you know I'm right, just to stubborn to accept the blatent truth.

Of course this brilliant insight from the "child" living in Martinsburg WV right?

All day Hoss, alllll mother..cken day.eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2011 09:41AM by Mia1.

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: February 04, 2011 10:46AM

I don't know what game you watch, but one of the objectives of an NFL offense is to collect enough first downs to get into scoring position. If your slot WR gets lots of first downs, he is a very important part of the offense. If I recall correctly, Bess has a very high percentage of catches that net a first down.True, we need more chunk yardage, but you don't want to get rid of a reliable posession receiver that gets first downs for your offense.
I also find the insults hurled on this board by a certain poster to be immature and counterproductive to the conversations on this forum.

"my opinion"

Posted by: Phins NJ ()
Date: February 04, 2011 02:52PM

what kind of value is added by trading him for a 3rd or 4th round pick? He's becoming one of the premier slot recievers in the league...would we spend the pick trying to replace him?

Date: February 04, 2011 04:07PM

I would argue that Bess isn't "becoming" one of the premier slot receivers in the game, I'd say he "is" one of them. If you gave me the option to pick Bess or Welker right now, I'd pick Bess. Upside is better and Welker has lost a little something with his knee injury. He's still very good, just not that next level good.

Date: February 04, 2011 05:20PM

BobT Wrote:
> > I also find the insults hurled on this board by a
> certain poster to be immature and
> counterproductive to the conversations on this
> forum.
>
>
> "my opinion"

RESPONSE: I will step up and say that I am properly reprimanded but maybe after you have been here a little longer, BobT, and you start reading a discussion about a football issue, and then see Mia1, go ballistic enough times, you may come to have more sympathy for how I just got sick of it at that moment.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.