HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          kolb???
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
kolb???
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: January 30, 2011 09:41AM

I have been hearing alot lately about that the phins want kolb and that he is a major priority?? any truth or info on this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: kolb???
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 30, 2011 09:50AM

We heard rumors of Kolb and Orton but who knows if there is any truth to them. Orton has had better stats. Could we move our first & 4th for Orton & Denvers two seconds then we focus on WR, RB, OL TE & Safety?

Not sure Kolb has really shown anything

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: January 30, 2011 09:56AM

Kolb seems far too similar to Henne to warrant interest in trading for him.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 30, 2011 09:56AM

These are only rumors because of the obvious void we have. I doubt there is any true validity to any of these rumors.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: January 30, 2011 09:57AM

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: January 30, 2011 10:06AM

Kolb sucks.

Date: January 30, 2011 10:09AM

Orton's stats are actually pretty good and in Chicago he really didn't have any receivers

Date: January 30, 2011 10:12AM

If we trade for any QB, it needs to be trading up in the draft to get Gabbert.

Other than that, I dont want cast-off rejects.

---------------------

Date: January 30, 2011 10:15AM

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: January 30, 2011 10:48AM

No Kolb. Every time somebody mentions that, God kills a kitten.

And I hate the idea of moving up to grab Gabbert. He isn't proven by any means. He played in the spread. You're looking at a 2-3 year project with him, which is what was said about Henne but people were done with him after 1.5 years.

The impatience is sickening.

Date: January 30, 2011 11:30AM

Date: January 30, 2011 12:11PM

Ghotirule AKA "HenneHomer" stated

"Orton is a bum. His career numbers are worse than Henne's. Henne is a much better QB after 3 years than Orton was.Orton is at the best he will ever be right now. And that isn't very good. Not an upgrade for Henne."

Check the stats

Orton - rating in the upper 80's

TD/INT/YDS

2008 18/12/3000
2009 21/12/3800
2010 20/ 9/3650

Henne rating about 75

2009 12/14/2900
2010 15/19/3300

Date: January 30, 2011 12:23PM

What about Orton's first 3 years?

Orton has a career 67.6 QB rating.

---------------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 12:26PM by Aqua&Orange.

Date: January 30, 2011 12:39PM

But we are talking about is he better for us in 2011, not 5 years ago

If he isn't the guy, who is?

Are yiou ready to go with Mallet, Kaepernick, Locker, or Henne again?

Marhall supports thigpen.

Date: January 30, 2011 12:44PM

Marshall is also a head-case. Read the other thread I started.

Also, dont flip-flop on your other post. You went back 3 years posting stats, you cant come back and say "it is about right now" but then post 3 years worth of stats.

---------------------

Date: January 30, 2011 01:33PM

I posted the recent years stats which are the most representative of their current trends and the direction they are going.

The question is how much a bad OC and ineffective running game impacted Henne. His red zone efficiency was horrible

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 30, 2011 01:43PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marshall is also a head-case. Read the other
> thread I started.
>
Yeah, we know you feel that way, but Marshall isn't the same kind of "headcase" (as you call him) that Randy Moss or T.O. are. Marshall is a competitor who will state his opinion when he doesn't agree. He'll question his superiors rather than just following orders. He'd never work out in the military. I relate to that. I'm the same way. If he's a headcase, then I am too.

Oh, and as for the crap he pulled on the field, it's NOTHING compared to what T.O. did. Many league rules exist today because of players that can't think for themselves. Most "unsportsmanlike conduct" violations are total bunk. If it wasn't for the stupid baby players that start fights over those things, those rules wouldn't exist.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 01:46PM by montequi.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 30, 2011 02:04PM

Orton may not be in the same class as the premiere QB's but he far from a bum.

He moves the offense and makes big plays. He may never be Drew Brees or Peyton Manning but he is a good QB. Light years better than Henne. He is definitely an overachiever and no one could say that about Henne.

71 Td's and 48 int's is a pretty good indicator. He has improved and that is what you have to look at. He has played well in Denver without much of a running game and he had no WR's last year after Marshall left.

We would be far better off with him than Henne. I wouldn't give up much for him in the way of draft picks but maybe a player.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: January 30, 2011 02:10PM

Date: January 30, 2011 02:14PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 30, 2011 02:54PM

Philly is said to want a 1st and 3rd for Kolb. Is anyone really convinced that Kolb is so much better than Henne that you would basically forfeit this year's draft to get him?

Kolb's career passer rating is 73.2, worse than Henne's. He has 11 TD and 14 INT. And he's been playing with a much better offensive supporting cast than Henne has.

IMO, unless you are getting a sure answer at QB, you don't trade for one. We've traded draft picks for AJ Feeley, Daunte Culpepper, Cleo Lemon, Joey Harrington, and Trent Green. Trading for Kolb or Orton will be the same sort of move. Keep the draft picks, keep grooming Henne, draft a young guy to compete with him, and sign a veteran free agent to help mentor both of them.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 30, 2011 04:01PM

Orton turned Brandon Lloyd into a Pro Bowler. That's an achievement right there. Talk about a bum. That describes Lloyd up up until 2010.

Just comparing each players 3rd season is not a fair indicator of how good they are. It's like comparing Rich Gannon's 3rd year to Joeys Harrington's.

What's important is how they have improved and where they are at today. We would not be bringing anyone to Miami based on what they did 4 years ago. Besides...Orton only played in 3 games his 3rd year.

I don't see many options for the phins QB position this year. No pro ready QB's in the draft and not much in FA if we even get there. No sure thing options to trade for either.

Kolb choked when he got the opportunity. Like it or not Orton is in the 2nd tier of QB's. He was ranked 15th (QB rating) this year and 14th last year. He was ranked 10th and 11th in passing yards over the last two years. He also has a very good TD to Int ratio.

There are Qb's out there that could be considered bums....Joey Harrington, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Alex Smith, Matt Leinart etc...but Orton is not one of them.

Orton is not much better than Henne today? Wow...better check the numbers and TD to Int ratios.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: January 30, 2011 04:45PM

Ive lost count of how many "Kolb" threads there are on here. HE FLAT OUT SUCKS. NO THANK YOU FOR THE LAST TIME!!

Orton on the other hand is OK in my opinion. Hes not that great but Id take him over Henne anyday

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 30, 2011 05:04PM

agree, kolb is horrible. any team that trades for him will be sorry. if we even THINK about trading a 1st rounder or anything of value for him I will be beyond pissed

Date: January 30, 2011 05:20PM

Date: January 30, 2011 05:41PM

Orton's last 3 years ,on teams that didn't have much better weapons than Miami.

20 TD's is pretty decent, especially on bad teams

you contradict yourself. You talk about using a single year, then reference career QB ratings. IMO you have to look at recent years

Agree with Esti on Lloyd. He was a huge bust in Washington. Do you think Wes Welker Julian Edelman, Deon Branch, Brandon tate have made Tom Brady what he is, or vice versa?

Comparing one season is not valid, you have to look at trends to see improvement. Mark Bulger through for 3900 yds with a 93 rating in his third year. Are you ready for him to take over? He could be a solution but hasn't looked good in recent years

I don't think anyone wants this QB drought to continue, if henne, Orton and Kolb aren't the answer, who is that we could feasibly get? Vince Young isn't the answer.

Ae we ready to turn the team over to one of the prospects in the draft? Most are projects.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 30, 2011 05:52PM

Thigpen you idiots!!! God.

Date: January 30, 2011 05:57PM

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: January 30, 2011 06:16PM

well thanks for all the input gang. I pray that kolb does not wind up here and dont want orton either lol

Date: January 30, 2011 06:18PM

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.