HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          55 yards???
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
55 yards???
Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: December 12, 2010 02:45PM

I will be the first to admit when I am wrong. Others here were games ahead of my final judgment. I must say now I fully embrace your conclusion, albeit late....Henne is NOT our future QB !
Early on I could see the staring down of receivers, the too quick to dump it to the outlet, and the statuesque pocket presence that will get you killed beyond coughing up the ball...but, we not only endured all that once again tonight, but we topped off that cake with 55 total yards passing against a team that was not even getting constant pressure on him.
The Hens gotta go.
I vote starting Thigpen next week to see who we keep as next years backup on this roster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 55 yards???
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 12, 2010 02:48PM

pathetic. Sparano should be gone for his bliandness to reality. Thigpen would have scrambled for 3 on the one thiord dwon to put things away.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 12, 2010 02:52PM

he sucks. And I DO NOT take pleasure in saying that becuase it means we have NOTHING on the roster we can count on AT ALL at QB.

What you saw today, if you care to open your eyes, was ALL the proof necessary to know.

Blaming Henning etc is just beyond rediculous. Henning is the one dealing with absolutely NOTHING at the QB position. NOTHING. And delaing with that will make any OC look like crap.

It doesn't matter because Henning won't come back to orchestrate this this crap anymore...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 02:53PM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 12, 2010 02:53PM

I dont disagree much but....

quote... vote starting Thigpen next week to see who we keep as next years backup on this roster.

I disagree...i think we need to see henne on the last few games...And see if he is a really slim chance he can change tthis around
Call me a hommer but i dont wanna give up on him just yet.

Date: December 12, 2010 02:57PM

And im close to.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 12, 2010 02:57PM

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: December 12, 2010 02:59PM

I gave up on him after week four. He did nothing at Michigan, nothing in the NFL. Our offense has been inconsistant, but when they have been good, he has stunk it up. I just don't see it in him.

Date: December 12, 2010 03:09PM

Samsam...I was in your camp last week myself, but this game spoke volumes on why we are 7-6. He has no pocket awareness, he throws balls too hard either in front or into his receiver's legs ala Donovan McNabb, and just makes too many bad decisions at a point in his game where we should be seeing less mistakes. He plays "not to lose", instead of playing loose and in control to win. He admittedly did play loose once...the Raiders game after the benching, and we put up the kind of points that we should have put up again tonight with the receivers we had healthy. I just feel a rotation is in order here, and with 55 yards...a perfect op to do it. Henne couldn't argue with the numbers.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 12, 2010 03:12PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seriously guys, it was raining and windy, on the
> road against a top 10 defense and once we got up
> 10 they went Ultra conservative on the play
> calling and only threw it 18 times.
>
> Yeah he could have played better, but this isn't
> the game to make your case for benching Henne.

Bench him for WHAT?????????????

That's the point. We ain't got crap at QB. NOTHING.

Thigpen is NOT a legit alternative.

So it's all about next year...

Date: December 12, 2010 03:13PM

Wet fields always favor the offense.

Date: December 12, 2010 03:14PM

AFCbeast Wrote:
> Samsam...I was in your camp last week myself, but
> this game spoke volumes on why we are 7-6. He has
> no pocket awareness, he throws balls too hard
> either in front or into his receiver's legs ala
> Donovan McNabb, and just makes too many bad
> decisions at a point in his game where we should
> be seeing less mistakes. He plays "not to lose",
> instead of playing loose and in control to win. He
> admittedly did play loose once...the Raiders game
> after the benching, and we put up the kind of
> points that we should have put up again tonight
> with the receivers we had healthy. I just feel a
> rotation is in order here, and with 55 yards...a
> perfect op to do it. Henne couldn't argue with the
> numbers.

AFC...I do not disagree with anything in this paragraph.

But i will like to see henne on the last three games and see if he can turn it around. We got nothing to lose anyways.

Go up a couple of spots...What phinfan2 said..I agree.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: December 12, 2010 03:17PM

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 12, 2010 03:19PM

Not weighing in on the Henne vs Anti-Henne issue, but I will say that when you can't run the ball at all, no QB does well. Look at Peyton.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 12, 2010 03:19PM

Date: December 12, 2010 03:20PM

ghotirule Wrote:
>
> Henne has had good games and he has had bad games.
> Honestly, I'd rather have him than Sanchez.
> Sanchez has a team that can bail him out, and he
> still sux. Henne is playing with a poor team
> around him.

Bingo.smileys with beer

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 12, 2010 03:25PM

It is wrong to say Henne was not under constant pressure. He was. In the 2nd half, they flashed a stat that he had been sacked 3 times, hurried 6 times, and knocked down 4 times. There were more pressures after that. He only had 18 pass attempts. Do the math.

Murtha did a lousy job at RT, which was to be expected, as he has always been in awful in every game he has played in, including the preseason. Remember, he's the guy that got taken off the FG blocking team in favor of DE Ryan Baker because he was doing such a lousy job blocking.

The blitz pick-ups by the TEs and RBs were not good at all today.

Did you see anyone open for us today? Nope. You had Marshall at less than 100% shut down by Cromartie. And you had Bess taken out of the game by Revis. I like Bess. And he's a great slot WR, where he gets matched up with LBs, and gets to run lateral routes. He is not capable of playing split end or flanker. His total lack of speed and size prevents him from being effective on vertical routes against starting caliber corners. And Moore and Wallace were undrafted for reasons. We had a serious lack of talent at the WR position today. And at TE, too. We have still yet to have a ball caught by a TE other than Fasano. And again, Mastrud and Epps were undrafted and cut by other teams for reasons. Is there a team with less invested in receiving talent than us?

How did the running game do today to soften up the defense? We averaged 3.2 yards per carry.

And in fairness, it was not a good day to pass the ball. Mark Sanchez was 17 for 44, in spite of having a much better pocket to work from, and with a lot more weapons at his disposal. And he should have thrown at least 4 INT, and maybe 5 or 6. Just maybe, maybe, the conditions on the field were a little tougher to throw the ball in than the announcers sitting in the booth realized.

Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: December 12, 2010 03:27PM

Please stop making excuses, rain, wind, blaH, BLAH. Brady threw for about 400 yards in A BLIZZARD. On that much needed 3rd and 3, after he took off, Brown was wide open down the sidelines. Henne's decision making process is way to slow. So sick of you guys continuing to defend him. He flat out sucks and if you don't believe my subjectivity, just look at the numbers.

Thig wasn't given a chance behind a makeshift line. I would like to see him give it a go with the starters to see about next year.

Date: December 12, 2010 03:29PM

dolfan mark...Murtha................thats the player i was trying to coem up with...Is this guy a practice squad player of what. He got really beat up out there today.

Date: December 12, 2010 03:32PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 12, 2010 03:36PM

SigKash Wrote:
> Please stop making excuses, rain, wind, blaH,
> BLAH. Brady threw for about 400 yards in A
> BLIZZARD. On that much needed 3rd and 3, after he
> took off, Brown was wide open down the sidelines.
> Henne's decision making process is way to slow.
> So sick of you guys continuing to defend him. He
> flat out sucks and if you don't believe my
> subjectivity, just look at the numbers.
>
> Thig wasn't given a chance behind a makeshift
> line. I would like to see him give it a go with
> the starters to see about next year.

Watch the 3rd and 3. Marshall got tied up with Cromartie, and never even attempted to get open. Fasano was double covered dragging across the field. They were the only 2 guys in the pattern. Ronnie was trying to get outside, but he got tied up with a LB in the backfield. He didn't get free down the sideline until Henne had two defenders on top of him.

Brady has talent on offense around him. He has a great offensive line. We have one of the worst o-lines in the league. Brady has a lot of talent at WR and TE. We don't. Brady is one of the great QBs of all time. Its not fair to compare anyone to him. But, let's not pretend that Chad Henne is playing with the same level of talent around him. And let's not pretend the Pats' offensive scheme isn't 100 times better than outs.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: December 12, 2010 03:49PM

SigKash Wrote:
> Thig wasn't given a chance behind a makeshift
> line. I would like to see him give it a go with
> the starters to see about next year.

What do you think Henne's playing behind now? It's the same makeshift line Thigpen played behind against Chicago. I wanted to get a look at thigpen too. Then I did...and it wasn't pretty.

To both QB's credit, there's nobody in the league that can be successful behind that line. Absolutely pathetic!!!!

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 12, 2010 03:51PM

Just look at Henne's stat line week by week this season. He is not playing well.

Even if you want to assign 50% of the blame to Dan Henning, he is still throwing bonehead INTs, locking on to receivers, and throwing worm burners into the flat.

But as I have said before, he is our guy. And barring a miracle, he will be our guy again next season. All we can do is hope that he improves.

Date: December 12, 2010 04:01PM

Henne clearly would have run out of bounds on that crucial 3rd and 3 if not for being tackled "in bounds". His head is not in the game.
He has a gun for an arm, but looked as uncomfortable as he did on draft day when he got the call to come here.

Date: December 12, 2010 04:22PM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 12, 2010 04:30PM

First off, the Dolphin defense was stout. While many criticize Sean Smith for his inability to catch and intercept a ball, he was around it and deflected many that could have been caught by a Jet WR. If I were the HC for 10 minutes, I'd be praising the D and complimenting Brandon Fields for keeping the Jets back in their territory. I don't care for Ian Eagle (pronounced Iron Eagle) as a sportscaster. However, he was very complimentary of Fields kicking. Fields did a great job.

Henne and Sanchez were like twiddle dee and twiddle dum today. The bad weather and the loss from MNF kept Sanchez from building confidence. He had a better core of receivers on the field that we did. Without Hartline, our WRs were relegated to zero. Brandon Marshall is not 100%. Our WRs are not 100% either. They were covered today and Henne refused to force the ball to them. OUr O-line is hurting and it shows. No holes for RBs.

I'm happy for the victory. It is quite clear that the Dolphins are not playoff caliber (yet).

Date: December 12, 2010 04:33PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 12, 2010 05:13PM

The Henne bashing (which honestly does no good, because he is coming back next year) is sooooooo old. It proves no point.

And only makes the obvious case that you guys pick out one player to bash until that person leaves. Last it was Ginn, now it is Henne. Who will it be 2 years from now?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: December 12, 2010 05:18PM

AFCbeast Wrote:
> Henne clearly would have run out of bounds on that
> crucial 3rd and 3 if not for being tackled "in
> bounds". His head is not in the game.

That's just flat out wrong. He made a point to stay in bounds to keep the clock running. We all know he's not having a great year but why make stuff up?

Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: December 12, 2010 05:40PM

Henne's in his 3rd season on a team lacking depth. Give him a few more weapons:

Legitimate Top 10:

RB....Brown and Williams have had less than a stellar season.
&
TE....Fasano is a backup TE, we need a star!

...and we will see a totally different QB.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 12, 2010 06:27PM

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.