HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          this team simply sucks
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: this team simply sucks
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 05, 2010 12:07PM

Gotta agree with you here R/Jay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: December 05, 2010 12:09PM

Ok, of course not every player on the team sucks, but the team as a whole does suck. You cannot in anyway shape or form say that this team is remotely even average. Henne has proven he cant play this game consistently enough to be good. Seriously do you think that in his third year (next year) he will suddenly get an Epiphany and realize how to look of recievers or how to suddenly be accurate? seriously?? you either have it or you dont. simple. Henning should not be here next week period. Here is the thought.. we dont know if the offense is bad because of henning, or henne or both correct?? well cut out henning and we will see what henne can or cant do. This season is done we all know it, so start the experiment train now, and figure it the hell out before draft. I dont understand all the damn heart ache about getting rid of a bum oc and a bum qb?? so pick one and see what happens and for crying out loud teach the safety and cb how to catch a ball!

Posted by: finman34 ()
Date: December 05, 2010 12:10PM

No, I clearly stated Dan Henning was great in his time but his time is way passed! I do however think it would be stupid for Ross to give up on Sparano, Ireland and the rest of the staff after three years. What would it hurt to give them one more? Why get rid of them this year and lose most of the young talented players they have brought in to a new coach who will cut them and bring in their own........ hence starting from scratch.... again! Been there and done that too many times since Shula left. It's time for continuity minus Dan Henning!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 05, 2010 12:12PM

Finman34 I have to disagree. I have seen anythung to show Sparano or Ireland desirve to be in the positions they are in. Other owners would have cut them lose before now, henning is in another decade, and Henne has not shown he can get it done in crunxch time. I thought he would be better than Sanchez, but hasn't sjopwn anything. The touchdown pass todaY was his best red zone throw but at some time you can't let him rack up 20 + picks

Two key plays today were the blocked FG and the dropepd pick, two other areas guys just have not stepped up.

Bad talent evluation and drafting.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 05, 2010 12:17PM

fiedlerhater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, of course not every player on the team sucks,
> but the team as a whole does suck. You cannot in
> anyway shape or form say that this team is
> remotely even average. Henne has proven he cant
> play this game consistently enough to be good.
> Seriously do you think that in his third year
> (next year) he will suddenly get an Epiphany and
> realize how to look of recievers or how to
> suddenly be accurate? seriously?? you either have
> it or you dont. simple.

Drew Brees says "hi." His first 3 years in the league were not as good as Henne's. And he blossomed in year 4. John Elway says "hi." He had 52 INT through his first 3 seasons. And he didn't complete 60% of his passes or have a passer rating over 83.4 until his 11th season.

Date: December 05, 2010 12:23PM

Ok. Im sorry if i'm coming across as annoying but I must tell you. At 30 years old, I lived in dolphin country all my life until about 2004. My wife wanted to live closer to her family. Guess where I live now? In the wonderful shitty state of Ohio! So yes, I'm annoyed because all my friends came over for the game today and now I have to hear pure crap from them for atleast a year or two until we play the Browns again! lol.

Aside from that, my fear is this....... We bring in a new coach and for starters we lose Mike Nolan! Then to make matters worse a new coach will bring in his own players! So that means we may lose promising young players that have been brought in via Free agency or the draft just because they were not the new coaches guys. What if our new coach runs a 43 defense? What happens to the young guys with some promise that we spent the last three years drafting?

Date: December 05, 2010 12:29PM

Great job Dolfanmark. I think Henne has made some great plays, special plays aside from his bad ones! What does one more year hurt!? The guy can make all the throws and regardless of what some on this board say about his leadership...... the guy has been known to play through rough injuries dating all the way back to high school! Weren't people saying he was out for the year just a couple weeks ago? Wasn't that Henne with his bad knee and a huge brace on it scrambling for anything he could three times today when the line couldn't hold up for him?

Yes he has made a lot of mistakes and no I would not say at this point he cant be a great nfl Qb. If i hear one more person say Sanchez is better I will puke. Before todays game their passing ratings were apart by like .6 percent.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 05, 2010 04:13PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> He just "out-ed" himself, Ghotirule. He hopes
> others will follow him. Never believed it until
> now Dolfan1 but were you a Patsies fan all along?

He says the same thing every year. Most notably when the Pats (almost) went undefeated a few years back. Nothing new.

Tank the season, root for the Pats and/or Jets, go ride a motorcycle, count my money. The guy only has three or four posts that he keeps re-cycling over and over.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 06, 2010 05:07AM

JC Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He just "out-ed" himself, Ghotirule. He hopes
> > others will follow him. Never believed it
> until
> > now Dolfan1 but were you a Patsies fan all
> along?
>
>
> He says the same thing every year. Most notably
> when the Pats (almost) went undefeated a few years
> back. Nothing new.
>
> Tank the season, root for the Pats and/or Jets, go
> ride a motorcycle, count my money. The guy only
> has three or four posts that he keeps re-cycling
> over and over.

Hey when we suck what can you say? You want me to support this stupid ass regime thats running things? Listen to sporano say the same shit in his interviews, claps when we @#$%& up, goes crazy like we won a superbowl when we get field goals? Come on dude, listen to your own self, and become a realist like me. I am a dolphins fan, but I got to tell you, this shit wears thin after a while. Pats look good year in and year out, jets bought the talent, there are just certain teams that get it done and others that dont, we are of the latter. We used to be a stellar organization back in the early 70's and we had a hint of brilliance in the 80's since then its been all down hill. The Pats loaded up this year with draft picks, tell me they are not going to be stellar for the next decade. We are just @#$%&

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 06, 2010 05:14AM

Date: December 06, 2010 05:18AM

colonel Wrote:
> >
> I agree that Henne is not a leader and doesn't
> know how to lead at the NFL level. However, I
> disagree that leadership is something you are born
> with and can't be taught.
>
> A person can be instructed on the rudiments of
> what it takes to be a first rate leader. It
> take's considerable mentorship to have that person
> apply those "rudiments" to different situations
> and make them work effectively. Some people are
> followers and don't have the talent to lead. Some
> grow building confidence in their ability to
> problem solve, work with others, and eventually
> win over others with their influence, ideas, and
> approach. They earn the leadership role.
>
> Leadership styles vary--good communication skills
> with others and the way one behave's in solving
> problems makes a big difference. Personality and
> character play a large part in developing a great
> leader. Example--
>
> The military academies take smart, talented young
> men and women and groom them to become leaders.
> They groom them to build confidence to lead.
> Students develop their own leadership styles based
> on their character and persona. Some rise to the
> very top in 25 years or so while others find great
> pleasure leading others in the "trenches" at lower
> levels--those in the field. The academies train to
> ultimately fill the ranks of top management,
> senior Colonels, Captains, Admirals and Generals.
> None of these leaders were born with Birds or
> Stars already in place. They were trained, they
> learned, the exuded leadership skills etc.
>
> --
> Chad Henne seemed to have the background to lead.
> He came from Michigan where he played for 4 years.
> He had to work hard to achieve and stay their
> top QB. Moving to the NFL, this level of play is
> faster, the players are more mature, bigger,
> faster--the level of competition much greater.
> What leadership style worked at the college level
> may be inadequate at the NFL level.
>
> From my observations, Henne is a quiet, unassuming
> guy. He is stoic and doesn't show much emotion
> during a game or after one. He's pretty
> even-keeled. He shows me very little "pop."
>
> In contrast, look at any of our recent great QBs.
> P Manning, Brady, Bradshaw, Favre, Marino...they
> are or were fiery. They show(ed) emotion at a play
> gone bad, show(ed) exuberance when a play went
> well, shear disappointment when the team lost, and
> elation when the teams won.
>
> Based on that, I don't believe any one of them is
> or was a wall flower in the locker room either.
> They all exude(d) an unrelenting compulsion to
> win. Henne, IMO, doesn't exude these necessary
> leadership qualities.

THANK YOU, Well said, Time we go for Andrew Luck

Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: December 06, 2010 05:52AM

Date: December 06, 2010 06:05AM

I want to have a worse record than the bills, we need the number 1 pick, we just do!!

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 06, 2010 06:23AM

561_Dolphins Wrote:
> THIS TEAM DOESN'T SUCK
>
> HENNE DOES. This guy is horrible. Im sorry
> Aqua&Orange and whoever supports this failure but
> he is the WORST starting QB in the NFL behind the
> Carolina Panthers mess. He lost us the game
> yesterday and also the season. I give him a F+ for
> the year & the + is because he played OKAY against
> the pond-scum Jets and the Raiders. If we give
> this guy another chance in 2011 it will be the
> same old song & dance. Please release this loser!
>
> Henning belongs in a rocking chair, not in the
> coaches booth. Dierdorf said it best yesterday,
> "Henning has forgotten more football than some of
> us will ever know"
>
> Sean Smith is also another failure. How many plays
> does this guy give up? HE SUCKS
>
> Other than Sean Smith, our D has been stellar. If
> it wasn't for them we would probably be competing
> with the Bills for the last place in the
> division.
>
> PEOPLE THAT ARE A BURDEN TO THIS TEAM & NEED TO GO
> A.S.A.P. BECAUSE THEY SUCK!!!!!!: Henning, Henne,
> Vernon Carey & Sean Smith

Well said for the most part.
I have been mute about Henne most of the year. This loss rests directly on his shoulders. Can't get around that, he flat out lost the game for us.
The big disappointment is the fact that Henne has not improved one bit this whole season. His accuracy is now his biggest problem and I really don't see that improving. That is something that just has to be there.
That long pass to Hartline (intercepted) was about 10 yards off the mark. There are at least 20 qbs in the NFL that can make that throw Every time. We have all talked about his arm, well where was it when needed the most.

I hate to say this, but this game has proven that Henne is not the guy for this team.

BTW, get rid of Henning NOW!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 06, 2010 06:35AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
>
> Hey when we suck what can you say?

You can say whatever you want within board rules, although when you repeat the same thing about 50 times per day it gets a little bit old.

You want me to
> support this stupid ass regime thats running
> things?

I don't expect you to. You've said more than once that you were "considering" changing to the Pats, because they win more. Well okay, go ahead! Then when they stop winning you can change to the Jets or whoever is winning that year. The world is full of fans like you, they're commonly known as "Bandwagon Jumpers" . They coin terms like "America's Team" for the cowboys and "Raider Nation", etc. It's okay, millions of people do it, and I'm not out to stop you.

You've said you were in CT geographically stuck between Pats and Jets fans (and that right there is enough to drive anyone bonkers). I live in the Boston area and know lots of people from CT. Many of them also have fickle allegiances to their sports teams. It's understandable that your state is in a no-mans-land (pro sports-wise) between NY and Boston. Since the Hartford Whalers moved out of town I don't think you have a pro team in the Nutmeg state at all.

Add into the mix that Robert Kraft used the state of Connecticut like a cheap hooker a few years ago when he moved the Patriots to Hartford..that lasted what, two weeks? Then he got what he wanted from Massachusetts and whoops! sorry we're not moving after all, thanks for being my bargaining chip! Oh well you were all NY fans anyway right?

So I can get why someone in CT would be allegiance-challenged.

Listen to sporano say the same shit in his
> interviews,

I thought you might approve of that, seeing as you say the same sh!t in all of your posts.

claps when we @#$%& up, goes crazy
> like we won a superbowl when we get field goals?

that's called "showing some emotion" the same thing the Henne Haters accuse our QB of NOT doing.

> Come on dude, listen to your own self, and become
> a realist like me.

I don't think I'll become like you anytime soon. I'm not a realist, and I admit it. I'm a FAN. The word 'fan' is rooted in the word 'fanatic' which by definition is not a realist. I don't claim to be logical in my stance rooting for this team. I love the Dolphins, warts and all. I used to live in S. FL as you mentioned you did in a former post. I'm disappointed in the team too. I'm just not giving up on the team as you are apparently doing.

> I am a dolphins fan, but I got
> to tell you, this shit wears thin after a while.

You know what else wears thing after a while? Seeing dozens of posts saying the same thing over and over again. Recruiting others to join the loser bandwagon. Rooting for division rivals.

You know, I don't question that you're a fan. I believe you. I don't think you're a troll from the Jets boards or the Pats boards etc. It's just that the *degree* of your fandom is....shallow. in your own words, it has worn thin. I know this because I've seen plenty of 'fans' like you that are very negative towards the team, root for them to lose, etc. I've sat in the stands with fans like you in the late 1970s, during those lean years.

> Pats look good year in and year out, jets bought
> the talent, there are just certain teams that get
> it done and others that dont, we are of the
> latter.

You are correct. But that doesn't stop me and others from rooting for the team to turn that around.

We used to be a stellar organization back
> in the early 70's and we had a hint of brilliance
> in the 80's since then its been all down hill. The
> Pats loaded up this year with draft picks, tell me
> they are not going to be stellar for the next
> decade. We are just @#$%&

The pats will be good for the next few years. But does that mean I should root for them? No. I don't know about the next decade. Brady's wife might make him quit playing so that he can attend all her fashion shows and they can go to the beauty parlor together. Bellichik might get caught cheating again and actually get punished next time (you never know).

Date: December 06, 2010 06:48AM

OK jc FAIR ENOUGH, Just letting my emotions out a bit when I read some posts here and just want to comment on them. Many are being repeated as well.

I would like people to join the bandwagon so we can get better

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 06, 2010 06:53AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 06, 2010 06:55AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> dolfan1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Time we go for Andrew Luck
>
>
> Ok...I'm going to give you one shot at this...
>
> Tell us how we get Andrew Luck.
>
> If your explanation is reasonable/probable then
> you can keep posting about Luck. If its not,
> then I start deleting your CONSTANT Luck posts as
> spam.

To get Luck we'd probably have to take the Mike Ditka approach and trade away our entire draft. Unfortunately, we need more that just a QB. Just remember what Ricky Williams did for New Orleans (i.e. not much).

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:04AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:04AM

If I said it once I have said it 100 times on this boards, people seem to forget that 3 years ago we were the most talentless, depleted, old team in the entire league. AND WE STILL HAVE HOLES. Rome was not built in a day and a great franchise with that many holes cant be built in 3 years.

The worst thing that has happened over the last 3 years was that we *GREATLY* OVER-achieved the first year and got the fan bases expectations up.

That year we beat the worst teams in the league by a FG. Were were not that good.....reason why we got killed in the playoffs.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 06, 2010 07:08AM

The only way we get Andrew Luck is give up our first round picks in 2011 and 2012, our 3rd round in 2011, a 2nd in 2012 and our best player, Jake Long.

---------------------

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:39AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:

> The big disappointment is the fact that Henne has
> not improved one bit this whole season. His
> accuracy is now his biggest problem and I really
> don't see that improving. That is something that
> just has to be there.
> That long pass to Hartline (intercepted) was about
> 10 yards off the mark. There are at least 20 qbs
> in the NFL that can make that throw Every time. We
> have all talked about his arm, well where was it
> when needed the most.

Exactly. Strength <> Accuracy and College Accuracy <> NFL Accuracy.

I'm not sure what it is everyone is expecting to be 'Coached' into Henne. The guy has probably played football since he was 5 and QB about as long. I can understand that it would take some college QB's a while to get used to the speed of the NFL and the athleticism of the DB's compared to college.

But 3 years of being around the NFL and two years as a starter, you should be showing something if you've got it in the way of scoring points, running the offense and making plays that help your team win games especially close games.

PLEASE DON"T TELL ME HENNE HASN'T HAD CHANCES TO DO JUST THAT. SEVERAL times in the Jets game, the Steelers game and yesterdays debacle, Henne had chances to put them away but came up empty. 9-3 vs 6-6 right there.

I just see no linear progression in Henne. He is inconsistent, inaccurate, immobile and average. He may could be successful in the right circumstance (as MOST NFL QB's could) but finding a better QB would be far easier than creating a 'perfect' world for Chaddy boy. I for one am a DOlpin fan NOT a Chad Henne fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2010 08:01AM by KB.

Date: December 06, 2010 08:43AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> If I said it once I have said it 100 times on this
> boards, people seem to forget that 3 years ago we
> were the most talentless, depleted, old team in
> the entire league. AND WE STILL HAVE HOLES. Rome
> was not built in a day and a great franchise with
> that many holes cant be built in 3 years.
>
> The worst thing that has happened over the last 3
> years was that we *GREATLY* OVER-achieved the
> first year and got the fan bases expectations up.
>
> That year we beat the worst teams in the league by
> a FG. Were were not that good.....reason why we
> got killed in the playoffs.

HENNE IS A FAILURE! This guy continues to disappoint week after week! The playcalling has been pretty questionable at times this year and I agree Henning needs to be fired/resign at the end of the year but it obviously didn't stop Pennington from leading us to an 11-5 record in '08 with pretty much the same team from 2007. Like I've said before - He had the chance to watch the 2008 playoff team, basically played the whole 2009 season, and what has he done this year? Looked the same on about 23 of his 25 starts. HE SUCKS! Any "real" Dolphin fan wants their players to succeed Aqua&Orange but we gotta call it like we see it. HE HAS TO GO! Unless we want to keep seeing the same inconsistency each and every week. He has no "IT" factor whatsoever!

Date: December 06, 2010 08:46AM

I never said he had the "it" factor.

But what I have *ALWAYS* said is that we have *MANY* holes.

Go back and find the season prediction thread and find out what I predicted.

I believe it was 7-9. And I got killed for it.

---------------------

Date: December 06, 2010 08:47AM

And I also have said the Drew Brees was below average in San Diego...hence the Rivers pick.

Henne needs time to develop.

Knowing our luck, we cut him and he goes on to be a Pro Bowler for another team.

---------------------

Date: December 06, 2010 08:48AM

Once the Jets get a hold of Henne and Company next weekend, we will see the demise of this group of idiots faster than you can say it. Fans and the media will crucify this team. Its actually going to be laughable to jet fans

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2010 08:49AM by dolfan1.

Date: December 06, 2010 09:02AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> And I also have said the Drew Brees was below
> average in San Diego...hence the Rivers pick.
>
> Henne needs time to develop.
>
>
> Knowing our luck, we cut him and he goes on to be
> a Pro Bowler for another team.

Drew Brees was below average in San Diego? I HARDLY THINK SO

Obviously he wasn't near as anything he is today, but lets not forget he made the Pro Bowl during his tenure there, and he also battled with injuries thats scared San Diego away and led to the drafting of Rivers. Check his stats in his last 2 years with SD. I wouldn't consider him "below average" Totally different scenario

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2010 09:07AM by 561_Dolphins.

Date: December 06, 2010 09:12AM

2002 and 2003 were average---AT BEST, for Brees.

And Guess what? well nevermind, it does no good.

---------------------

Date: December 06, 2010 09:18AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> 2002 and 2003 were average---AT BEST, for Brees.
>
>
> And Guess what? well nevermind, it does no good.

Umm, do you remember how bad the talent on the Chargers was 8 years ago? Comparable to this years Carolina Panthers

Date: December 06, 2010 10:05AM

I dont think so. They had LT and alot of other good players.

Obviously, you or I are not going to budge on our stance. But one thing is certain, Brees vastly developed *AFTER* his 3rd season.

---------------------

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.