HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Time To Man Up
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Time To Man Up
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: November 20, 2010 06:25AM

The suggestion that the Dolphins should just roll over and hope to fail for a higher draft pick is idiotic.

Football is a tough sport. If you can't handle tough losses then go watch synchinized swimming.

We just got smacked down. How this team responds is critical to future success. We are not going to attract any high quality free agents after the season is over if we don't compete every weekend.

This team needs to get back up and smack somebody in the mouth.

Tough, Smart, & Disciplined? This team hasn't been any of those things.

We should all be disapointed. But, that doesn't mean we have to wear a skirt. It's time to man up.

GO PHINS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time To Man Up
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: November 20, 2010 08:25AM

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 20, 2010 02:00PM

Not a loser here, what do you play for, going and winning the superbowl. Lose now, we may get a better draft picks, play our cards right and get Andrew luck. If we win anymore games it keeps us mediocre for more years. So what so you want to do?

Date: November 20, 2010 02:10PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 20, 2010 03:32PM

I feel you dolfan 1 but the problem is that draft choices are so unpredictable and on top of it the fact is that our organization is so stupid about everything they do that even assuming you are right that we would get better draft picks, what is to assure that we would MAKE the right draft picks.

Further, assuming that we MAKE the right draft picks, how many great players have gotten injured early in their career.

Although it was not early in his career, what I believe was definitely to be the greatest running back in the history of the game had his career ended by a sideline tackle. His name was Bo Jackson.

So I say play every game to win to put in the team the winning spirit and let the draft take care of itself.

There are just too many ways for a draft to get screwed up even when you have a draft master like Jimmy Johnson.

Date: November 20, 2010 04:15PM

Ok, so we buy the talent. Like I said in another post, take Moss when he's in your lap. Buy the talent we have the 2nd richest owner behind seattle's

Date: November 20, 2010 04:16PM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 20, 2010 06:10PM

Planning to lose goes against the grain of all competitors, against the grain of one's inner self. If anyone on the Dolphins is resigned to lose, they need to quit the team, the coaching staff or the front office, and go find a nice place in namby-pamby land to curl up and suck their thumb.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: November 20, 2010 07:01PM

Draft master Jimmy Johnson?!! You mean with Dallas right?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 21, 2010 03:08AM

I don't want us to lose, but I'm being realistic. If we have no chance to make the playoffs (and go further), then guys playing with injuries should consider shutting it down for the year. I'm specifically talking about Jake Long. I also think we need to take more chances on offense and try new things. We have nothing to lose at this point. Let's treat this as preseason here on out and evaluate our talent (and coaching) instead of making a futile attempt at the playoffs.

If we happen to win some games? Awesome!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 03:11AM by montequi.

Date: November 21, 2010 08:27AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 21, 2010 08:49AM

I agree that this team NEEDS to hit someone in the mouth as it were...however I seriously doubt that we have the healthy talent to do it at this point.

As it is right now we have around a 25% chance of making the playoffs. I can see us not winning another game. And if we lose just one more game the rest of the way we will not make the playoffs.

I also agree that our injured players (the potentially serious injuries anyway) need to sit out and get healthy because they are not helping the team by playing hurt at this point.

Date: November 21, 2010 10:31AM

Man up with who? We have scrubs in there lol. We are @#$%&

Date: November 21, 2010 11:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.