HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Marshall
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Marshall
Posted by: marcsbros ()
Date: November 07, 2010 11:15AM

Is it me or is or is Brandon Marshall looking more and more dis-interested with this dinky 4 and 5 yard passing game that we have adopted.I know hes caught 53 passes on the season but he just looked fed up with the whole situation today in Baltimore.Hennings play calling seems as though its by passing his big play ability and therefore rubbing off on him.On the subject of Henning,it seems as though the game is passing him by,in a way that it might have been good 15-20 years ago but its failing big time today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marshall
Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 07, 2010 11:24AM

Henne threw a bad ball into the endzone to Marshall. Henne has also misfired a ball to Marshall into the endzone last week. I think everybody know Henne is not it, Marshall is uninspired.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 07, 2010 11:30AM

Welead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Henne threw a bad ball into the endzone to
> Marshall.

You mean the one where Marshall fell down? How do you know it was a bad ball? Marshall is 6'4, and he towered over that DB. If he keeps his feet, it was probably an easy TD.

How about Marshall's dropped passes this season? He's second in the NFL in drops.

Posted by: Fleetlord ()
Date: November 07, 2010 11:37AM

Bust so far. Just not a good fit for our offense.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 07, 2010 12:20PM

Should have gone for Moss. Another dolphin blunder. This team will continue to suck for a very long time.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 07, 2010 01:16PM

Double teaming him as no one else can get separation deep and henne is inconsistent on his deep pass.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: November 07, 2010 01:22PM

SURPRISE!! WELEAD is bashing henne again, im utterly shocked

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 07, 2010 01:30PM

I have been critical of Henne all year because he deserves it. Now at least I'm not in the minority.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 07, 2010 02:16PM

You know, most of us are pointing out problems which have not been satisfactorily resolved. Each has there own perspective of what is misfiring. Honestly, misfires are everywhere.

I have been down on Chad Henne because his progress has stalled. He doesn't exude the poise I'd like to see from a QB. He doesn't display the take charge leadership, I'd like to see. His ability to time passes with routes results in catch and tackle situations--seldom do we see a flowing reception with extra yardage. This troubles me.

There is clearly something amiss in play calling. Coach Henning, while experienced, seems to be play calling too conservatively. Perhaps, he's fearful that if the passing game were opened up, more turnovers would result blowing the Dolphin's chances of keeping it close and possibly winning a game. I really don't know. I'm not the only fan who perceives this notion. While using the clock was irrelevant in today's defeat, that aspect of the game has failed us way too often. Troublesome to say the least.

Today, When a deficiency was spotted on the right side that allowed Brown to run for real yardage, we failed to exploit that ability to run with play action. We just didn't go there. As I recall we tried only one sweep and that was defended by the Raven's D. Ricky ran the ball too few times to add any fear factor for the Raven's D.

Our passing attack is not. While I couldnot see many views of passing routes on today's TV coverage, nothing much seemed to happen. It's been that way for many weeks. Because of that I have to say, our receivers are either incapable of breaking free from coverage or Henne is not capable of making the play as directed by Henning. Not sure exactly. But clearly something is not working.

Marshall was hired to improve our offense, yet he doesn't seem able to be in a position to make plays. Is his effort not there, or is the play calling and execution way off that results in nothing happening?

There appears to be multiple problems. Calling for Sparano's firing is absurd IMO. However, Sparano as the head coach, can certainly demand a more open offensive game from Henning. Let's see some long balls, swing passes, sweeps, double tight end formations, pitches, play action passes...mix things up.

Defensively--our house in not in order. There are only occasional flashes of excellence. Most of the time, our defense breaks down somewhere. Making interceptions can stop momentum for an opponent and create grand opportunities by the intercepting team. We don't have any ball hawks on the team--at least no as yet. Sean Smith's opportunity was botched today. An interception could have resulted in points for us.

Special teams is still allowing too many yards on a kick off. We seldom
are able to keep a team inside their twenty (20). Today, the Fins were stopped from returning kicks with balls sailing deep into the end zone. We were very lucky on the muff. That could have been called against us.

Unless the offense attack starts to open up more, we will never know how much Brandon Marshall can do for the team. Finally, Henne has to be given more rein to make plays--the old sink or swim thing. No more excuses for his him. He needs to step up, and mature. He needs to lead now.

Date: November 07, 2010 02:59PM

Henne will sink, don't need to wait any longer. Get rid of him

Posted by: wayne ()
Date: November 07, 2010 03:17PM

What you are really implying is that we have a lack of play makers on this team. Not enough team speed on the offensive side. The defense is heading in the right direction. Misi hasn't progressed as quickly as we would hope but he is learning a new position. Wake provides the only consistent pressure We don't force fumbled and we have dropped no less than five int's in the past two games. Henning recognizes that the only way wrs get open is playaction passing Marshall is doubled often and we need a strong run game for this offense to succeed. Sparano plays it close to the vest and tries to win it in the 4th qtr. Unfortunately this is how the season will play out, we can't afford to turn it over and we don't force many. 9-7 will be the water mark if we are lucky.

Date: November 07, 2010 03:24PM

9-7 is a dream. I'd rather be 4-12 and have better choices come April

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 07, 2010 04:26PM

There is an overall lack of talent. The interior of the offensive line is still not fixed. Anthony Fasano is average at best, and is in the last year of his contract. No backup TEs have caught a pass this season. Our running backs are older, and both are free agents at the end of the year. The running game has not been effective in 2010. Marshall is double or triple teamed on every play. Against Cincy, they covered him with a corner, a LB inside to take away the slants, and a S over the top. Why does this happen? Because none of our other receivers scare anyone. Bess is terrific running sideline to sideline in that 5-10 yard range. But, running downfield routes, he gets no separation at all. Hartline has not played consistently well, and he lacks speed. And our system often helps defenses out by never sending out more than 3 players into the pass patterns. The offense needs a more explosive RB, a downfield threat at WR, two new TE (if Fasano does not re-sign), and at least one more interior linemen, maybe two.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 08, 2010 09:39AM

dolfanmark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is an overall lack of talent. The interior
> of the offensive line is still not fixed. Anthony
> Fasano is average at best, and is in the last year
> of his contract. No backup TEs have caught a pass
> this season. Our running backs are older, and both
> are free agents at the end of the year. The
> running game has not been effective in 2010.
> Marshall is double or triple teamed on every play.
> Against Cincy, they covered him with a corner, a
> LB inside to take away the slants, and a S over
> the top. Why does this happen? Because none of our
> other receivers scare anyone. Bess is terrific
> running sideline to sideline in that 5-10 yard
> range. But, running downfield routes, he gets no
> separation at all. Hartline has not played
> consistently well, and he lacks speed. And our
> system often helps defenses out by never sending
> out more than 3 players into the pass patterns.
> The offense needs a more explosive RB, a downfield
> threat at WR, two new TE (if Fasano does not
> re-sign), and at least one more interior linemen,
> maybe two.

I agree..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.