HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Chris Clemons
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Chris Clemons
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 31, 2010 12:02PM

Cut your hair or remove your dreads, and learn to catch the damn ball. I don't know how many times the ball can hit you in the hands only to be dropped or fumbled by you. Did your mother have to feed you with a slingshot because their is know way growing up that you were able to take the food to your mouth without dropping it. I mean you have got to have the worse hands in the history of this league me thinks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chris Clemons
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 31, 2010 12:18PM

Isn't there an old adage?: DBs are just WRs that can't catch.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 31, 2010 01:08PM

The second one he dropped, the one that turned into the TD, there is just no excuse for not catching that. That's as easy a pick as a DB can get.

Posted by: opus ()
Date: October 31, 2010 01:28PM

Our entire secondary should have to spend at least 1/3 of practice catching the ball. I mean we had at least 4 of our defensive players get "hit in the hands" by balls thrown by Palmer. This is another game that we should have run away with, yet we ended up winning on the final drive.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 31, 2010 03:08PM

Clemons is my pet peeve on this team. I just dont like his game on any level. Deep help, tackling, blitz, lack of making plays. He is just getting us by in that position, instead of winning games for us from that position, and he has had the oppurtunity in numerous games.

I hope by next year Clemons is a distant memory in the startin spot or has changed his game for the better in almost every way, it is such an important position in our defense, it sucks to have him as the starter.

Hopefully he shines in the rest of the season and I change my perspective of the guy but at this point, that is how i see him

Date: October 31, 2010 05:16PM

Well for that matter the whole secondary should learn to catch the freaking ball, but Clemons especially.

Date: October 31, 2010 05:31PM

I'm less concerned about Clemons catching the ball than I am about him batting it back up right into T.O.'s hands. If you can't catch it, bat it down to the ground!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 01, 2010 03:06AM

Montequi--I agree wholeheartedly. If a DB can't make the catch make sure nobody else can do it either--swat it to the ground.

I sense DBs get a bad rap about not catching balls because they don't! They are so focused on not getting beaten by the wR they are covering, the thought about catching the ball when it's on the way is all but a momentary thought. The better DBs not only cover, they believe the ball is intended for them. It's a mindset that few DBs have. Practice, and experience, may adjust that mindset. However, some DBs will never get it.confused smiley

Posted by: NDDolFan ()
Date: November 01, 2010 03:21AM

That is an excellent comment! The great DB's do believe the ball is for them to go get.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 04:38PM

Ted Ginn on D!

Date: November 01, 2010 04:53PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ted Ginn on D!

Tedd Ginn never believed the ball was for him. He believed the ball was out-to-get-him!! smoking smiley

Date: November 01, 2010 05:36PM

Well being able to catch the ball on defense takes a very good defense and makes it a great defense. So do you want to be very good or great. The team should practice the tip drill and catching int's if we want to be a great defensive team.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 07:29PM

i agree with the frustration of the db's not being able to catch the ball and that making those plays would take this defense to the next level. but i would say that they probably already practice catching the ball and they do tip drill in practice so it is probably more of a mental thing. they are very young so a lot is probably running through their head on every play making it harder to concentrate and catch the ball in certain situations. The clemons drop has no explanation but stone hands.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.