HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          HENNE NEEDS TO GO!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: HENNE NEEDS TO GO!
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:45PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:48PM

You're an idiot. Read slowly: the QB makes or breaks a team. Don't you just love Jay Fiedler? If he had Brandon Marshall I'm sure we would have won numerous Super Bowls. Henne brings the entire team down, because they have ZERO confidence in him. He hasn't show any, why should they?

Posted by: buckeyefishfan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:49PM

I think it's time to go to bed now, Welead. Don't want you to be late for the school bus in the morning. I hear the driver of that short bus doesn't wait around.

Date: October 24, 2010 02:52PM

No buckeyefishfan, it is time to take welead back to his room at the mental health hospital and give him lots of pictures of daisies to calm him down. Now, now, welead, it's going to be okay.

Date: October 24, 2010 02:58PM

chyren: why post only personal attacks? It makes you look even stupider than what you wife told me.

Date: October 24, 2010 03:01PM

What "you wife told me?" When you try to accomplish a zinger like that, you ought to get your spelling straight.

Oh, BTW, didn't you start it by posting "You're an idiot???" I would never engage in a battle of wits with you Welead because I never fight an unarmed man.

Date: October 24, 2010 03:13PM

Chyren: like I said in another post, I bet other posters don't appreciating having to wade through you childish posts.

Posted by: bobg237 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 03:15PM

I agree Chad Henne Needs to replace watch is like watch grass grow. Any other starting quarterback in this league would had thirty five point in the first half. He hold the ball to long.

Date: October 24, 2010 03:15PM

Now who got personal first?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 24, 2010 04:23PM

Welead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
Who's the chump now?

Don't worry, it's still you, you haven't relinquished your title.

Date: October 24, 2010 04:35PM

Gee JC you really put me in my place. What's the answer who is the chump of the game? I say Henen, who failed in the red zone four times, who cannot even close the game with a six yard pass. He's a robot.

Date: October 24, 2010 04:46PM

Welead Wrote:
> Gee JC you really put me in my place. What's the
> answer who is the chump of the game? I say Henen,
> who failed in the red zone four times, who cannot
> even close the game with a six yard pass. He's a
> robot.

It's easy to blame the QB for everything. You've proven that it's easy, because you've done it about 100 times so far today.

Yes, Henne didn't convert red zone opportunities. But, he did complete almost 2/3 of his passes for over 250 yards with one TD and NO interceptions. Those aren't Marino numbers, but they were good enough to win.

You also seem to be blaming Henne for the play-calling. That's the coaches responsibility.

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 04:49PM

This thread had gotten way off track with the name calling, so let me bring this back.

I never said Henne lost this game by himeslf. There is never one thing, but as I stated, Henne is part of it and needs to go. Henne is just average and I have no plans to sit around and wait. This is a public forum and this is where we are supposed to put our thoughts as to why we think this is a big s%$t burger.

Henne does have accuracy issues (the throw to Marshall in the endzone), poor pocket awareness and too conservative. Think about last week's game where he threw to Marshall even when he was covered. I thought he was going to progress from there, but no. Same Henne we have seen all year long.

Either it is the coaching or it is Henne, after watching all the games this year, he has not put up the wow factor to take us to the big show.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 24, 2010 04:50PM

SO whats your answer then?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: October 25, 2010 09:12AM

And has zero TDs if Bess doesn't take a 5 yd dump off and make an amazing run.
It's easy to get caught up in the stats. 23/36 257 1 TD 0 INT looks good on paper. But the one stat that is overlooked is the W/L column, 1-3 to key opponents this year. Possibly 0-4 if Buffalo had started Fitzpatrick against us. Not good enough in my book.

Date: October 25, 2010 09:15AM

socalphin Wrote:
> And has zero TDs if Bess doesn't take a 5 yd dump
> off and make an amazing run.
> It's easy to get caught up in the stats. 23/36 257
> 1 TD 0 INT looks good on paper. But the one stat
> that is overlooked is the W/L column, 1-3 to key
> opponents this year. Possibly 0-4 if Buffalo had
> started Fitzpatrick against us. Not good enough in
> my book.

I have made many posts over the years saying statistics don't paint the entire picture; I don't rely on them nearly as much as the average fan.

But which number does the QB really have more control over: his completions or the W/L?

If we were 6-0 right now I'd bet a lot of money that many posts on here would say "Sure, 6-0 looks good on PAPER but look at Henne's RATING?!! It's not even in the 90s!

edited typo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 09:16AM by JC.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 25, 2010 09:27AM

Let's put it THIS way:

Henne < Marino, Griese

BUT

Henne > Beck/Culpepper/Harrington/Lemon/Feely/Lucas/Green/Fiedler (post shoulder injury)

For intangibles (leadership, decision making):
Henne < Pennington

In arm strength and ability to throw every pass:
Henne > Pennington

Penny is not our future, and is not the answer right now either.

At this point, Henne is probably on par with the following QBs we've had post-Marino:

Fiedler (pre shoulder injury), Frerotte

So, while it's arguable if Henne can lead us to a championship (I think he can), in my book he only grades worse than 2 guys that are in the Hall of Fame. If anyone here knows how to land a Hall of Fame QB that isn't over-the-hill, I'm all ears!!

BTW: Thigpen is unproven, so I'm of the opinion that Henne is a better option now as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 09:29AM by montequi.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 25, 2010 10:08AM

Monte - this is perhaps the most salient analysis I've read on Henne in a long time.

I don't know for a fact that Henne will take us to the promised land. However, he has a winning record in his young career (which, for all intents and purposes started just over a season after a 1-15 debacle), and he has improved significantly at least in terms of measurables in just over a season of starting. His overall rating is (perhaps not surprisingly) in the neighborhood of Matt Ryan, Mark Sanchez & Joe Flacco. It is better than some QBs on teams with better overall records, it is worse than some QBs on teams with worse overall records.

In my opinion, he has done much more than enough to earn many more starts and the chance to continue to develop.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 12:57PM

How moronic when anyone say if we had fiedler and marshall on the same team we would had won numerous superbowls.....

Was that a typo welead or is that just you purposely acting foolish and retarded.

Date: October 26, 2010 12:58PM

Welead Wrote:
> You're an idiot. Read slowly: the QB makes or
> breaks a team. Don't you just love Jay Fiedler? If
> he had Brandon Marshall I'm sure we would have won
> numerous Super Bowls. Henne brings the entire team
> down, because they have ZERO confidence in him. He
> hasn't show any, why should they?

guess not.....You aint acting.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 27, 2010 07:30AM

SamSam stop calling people retarded, your turning into the next Mikeo seriously man.

He was making a point about a opinion that obviously you do not agree with.

Calling him retarded because he had the balls to say what he thought is childish in every way not to mention extrememly abrassive, I hope you don't know anyone who is retarded, obviously you don't or you would reframe from using that hatefull word.

Welead don't call people idiots either dude name calling isnt allowed, you can say somthing like don't act like a idiot, or the such but direct name calling can get you in trouble.

Just posting some positive advice to other members that was passed on to me by others.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2010 07:31AM by Mia1.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 27, 2010 04:50PM

"SamSam stop calling people retarded, your turning into the next Mikeo seriously man."

Yeah SamSam I agree with Mia1......on this board that's being a little rough on retards isn't it?

Date: October 28, 2010 03:49AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> "SamSam stop calling people retarded, your turning
> into the next Mikeo seriously man."
>
> Yeah SamSam I agree with Mia1......on this board
> that's being a little rough on retards isn't it?

Agreed 100 percent.

Date: October 28, 2010 04:01AM

Welead Wrote:
> Chyren: like I said in another post, I bet other
> posters don't appreciating having to wade through
> you childish posts.

Childish posts? Maybe you should look in the mirror.

Chyren shall i break out the DAYSIES?

Date: October 29, 2010 12:40PM

When you call someone "retarded" yes then that is childish. You think that's appropriate adult consversation? Back to the topic, if Penne was given the rest of the season to start he probably won't be back for another season, then let it be Henne's turn. I just think Henne is under achieving and the time is right for a Super Bowl run. Ricky is getting older too. It's all about timing.

Date: October 29, 2010 01:42PM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 29, 2010 02:17PM

This "TEAM" is NOT Super Bowl ready! Forget what Ross said.

If (???) our core youth develops (Henne most critical but a bunch of others) and we have another VERY productive off-season -- maybe next year.

Getting to the top is a HUGE task IMO...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2010 02:18PM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 29, 2010 03:22PM

Posted by: Teri ()
Date: October 30, 2010 09:45AM

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE THE PERSON - DH - WHO CALLS THE PLAYS GO!!!
YESTERDAY!!!

Posted by: Gabe-NFL ()
Date: November 01, 2010 03:32PM

I agree he is not cut out to be a starter, and Sporano needs to go to, we get a lead and he starts running the ball immediately without going for the kill and score more points. We need a leader QB who can get us wins and more points. Sporano is the Parcells old school QB really do not matter, win and defense and running the ball those days are long gone in the NFL. We have passed on NFL draft for QB which have produced Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco and Bradford its time to take a chance and draft a QB for the future.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.