HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jets Immersed in Scandal – Again
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jets Immersed in Scandal – Again
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 13, 2010 01:39PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jets Immersed in Scandal – Again
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 13, 2010 01:55PM

man, she is insanely hot. but I never agreed with allowing female reporters in the locker room. do they allow male reporters in the WNBA or women's soccer locker room? hell no, no one would stand for it and for good reason.
this same thing happened to the Pats about 20 years ago if I recall correctly.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 13, 2010 01:56PM

Yes she is.

Date: September 13, 2010 02:07PM

I think she is a former miss spain. I am sure she got her reporting job due to finishing top of the class at journalism school!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 13, 2010 02:17PM

So,,,,, the jets are a bunch of heterosexuals?? Is that what I'm hearing? I would never have guessed.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 13, 2010 02:19PM

she was chasing Tom Brady around in a wedding dress a few years ago for some TV station trying to make a story.

This story will be gone within a few days.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 13, 2010 02:56PM

She's the reason why our legal system is so corrupt@@ Go get the money hunny!!! Bring us more stupid rules, and laws.

Her stupid boss should know better than to let a hot little piece to go into the male locker room period.

Heck she prob bob-sledded lol her way to the top!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 14, 2010 04:22AM

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 14, 2010 05:44AM

Mia1 Wrote:
---------------------------------
She's the reason why our legal system is so corrupt@@ Go get the money hunny!!! Bring us more stupid rules, and laws.

This is a stupid comment Thunder. If you followed this story or even looked into it at all, you'd know that she has no intention of suing anyone or pressing charges or anything like that.

In fact, she wasn't even the one who brought this incident to light. Others who had observed the disgusting, grimey behavior of the Jets players and the indifference of the coaches (some of whom actually encouraged this behavior) spoke out about this situation. The girl was interviewed and basically said at no time did she feel her safety was an issue or felt like she was going to be assaulted. She DID say that they were inappropriate with what they were shouting out loud and mumbling as she walked by, so much so that she just kept her head down and made a B-line for Sanchez's locker, which is where she was originally headed.

She said it made her feel uncomfortable. She said that if after the investigation into this shows that they went too far they should be reprimanded, but if the NFL finds that everything that went on, both the stuff she was aware of and the stuff she wasn't was not too over the top, then she said she doesn't think they should be punished.

As for the issue in general, even if you don't think women reporters should be allowed in locker rooms, that is no excuse for sexual harassment or inappropriate behavior. And about her outfit, she was wearing tight jeans and some white blouse that kind of showed a bit of cleveage. Maybe she shouldn't have dressed that provocatively, but again, that is NO EXCUSE for the stinkin jets to verbally assault her.

This is like the "she was askin for it" rape argument. It's ridiculous. No matter what a woman wears, there is never any time that all the rules of conduct go out the window. The coaches were reportedly having all the passes thrown in her direction on the field so they could stare at her and the receivers who were catching them were making comments while others were cat-calling. But it was in the locker room that supposedly guys were saying inappropriate stuff and being really disrespectful.

Granted, if you're gorgeous like this girl is, and you're dressed sexy and provocative, you can't complain if guys are staring at you. They're only human. But there's a big difference between checking out a hot girl and making sexually explicit comments at and about her and making a woman feel uncomfortable. I attribute this to rex ryans lawless, classless environment he installed in NY where there's no discipline because the coach acts like a stupid player himself. I seriously doubt this would have happened in the Miami Dolphins locker room.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 14, 2010 05:53AM

Why do men always shoot themselves in the foot?

A "beauty queen contestant" employed as a sports writer who wears provocative clothing along with sexy make-up and fragrance, invited into a place where testosterone is running high; what do you expect, suave, sophisticated behavior? This situation is ripe for uncouth group jr high (middle school) antics. Heck, good looking woman in business attire walking to their jobs in urban areas receive hoots and hollers, catcalls etc from construction workers every day of the week. It's a macho mentality that becomes really robust in a group. These guys were set up. I don't condone their disrespectful behavior, it shouldn't happen but reality and the differences between the sexes causes it. That is why women can so easily manipulate men. FWIW.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 14, 2010 06:22AM

" if you're gorgeous like this girl is, and you're dressed sexy and provocative, you can't complain if guys are staring at you"

This was the gist of my post; the devil is in the details.

If they stared, noticed her looks, went out of their way to say 'hi', told her she was attractive, threw the ball in her direction in order for an excuse to get a closer look, then I don't think it's a problem.

But if they said or did anything inappropriate, offensive, etc., then it's no different than harassment in any other type of workplace--unacceptable.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: September 14, 2010 06:54AM

As a testament to hype - there seem to be more threads on the Jets game than on our game vs. the Bills.

IMO, we really on need one thread on the Jets, titled "Jets Lost and Their QB Sucks" followed by a bunch of "smileys with beer"

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: September 14, 2010 07:16AM

I wonder were the debate stands on having Henne or Sanchez on your team stands after last night? LoL, I love this stuff. Keep it coming Rex, I appreciate it!

Date: September 14, 2010 08:14AM

I agree, Henne looked 100x better than Sanchez. In fact, except for the playoffs, he looked better than him (much) last season also. Everyone has gotten caught up in the fact that the Jets won 2 games in the playoffs, but forget how horrible they looked a lot of last season, and that they wouldn't have even been in the playoffs if not for the Colts essentially forfeiting.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: September 14, 2010 08:35AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree, Henne looked 100x better than Sanchez. In
> fact, except for the playoffs, he looked better
> than him (much) last season also. Everyone has
> gotten caught up in the fact that the Jets won 2
> games in the playoffs, but forget how horrible
> they looked a lot of last season, and that they
> wouldn't have even been in the playoffs if not for
> the Colts essentially forfeiting.

How much stock can anyone put in those two playoff games? They beat 2 teams that traditionally fold in the post season. Had they faced Baltimore, NE, or Indy, they would have been dusted.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 14, 2010 10:28AM

smileys with beer

Jets lost and suck

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: September 14, 2010 11:46AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Yes she is.

I think i am feeling like a jet cuase i sexually harrassed her quite a few time in my dreams last night grinning smiley boy i think im almost ready for bed again!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 14, 2010 11:55AM

She's trash smoking smiley

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 14, 2010 03:42PM

If she's trash....i'll take it out! (sorry guys I had to)

Date: September 14, 2010 03:44PM

hey trash gets picked up once a week no matter what!

Date: September 14, 2010 03:44PM

Best part of the story, is that girl with that body......she has 3 kids!!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 14, 2010 03:46PM

She looks just like my wife......only a different body, different face and her hair isn't the same, other than that though.......

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: September 14, 2010 03:52PM

I am happily married however that woman has a body that can lead to countries fighting over her. I mean damn she is well you guys know. I'll put it this way if she is Eve in the garden of Eden. That apple is going to get eaten lol.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 14, 2010 04:12PM

Panteraize Wrote:
> The coaches were reportedly having all the passes thrown in her >direction on the field so they could stare at her and the receivers >who were catching them were making comments while others were cat->calling.

This is why they lost. They are a poorly coached team.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 14, 2010 04:56PM

you guys are hilarious. lmao.

Do you think she wore those jeans thinking..."I hope no one notices me".

By the same token...if I were to behave like that in my business, I would be fired in a heartbeat. Another case of spoiled millionaire infants thinking they don't have to follow the rules the rest of us do.

and...me and the guys in my office would definitely be gawking at her and making sexist comments. We just wouldn't get caught.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 14, 2010 04:59PM

Date: September 14, 2010 05:28PM

yeah eetsi but your work would never allow a chick into the locker room (assuming your office had one). it's just not a comparable situation.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 14, 2010 05:41PM

The locker room wasn't the only place that they were acting like idiots.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 14, 2010 05:46PM

Well again have you ever seen a male in a female locker room doing a interview.

Talk about double standard.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: September 14, 2010 07:34PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> She looks just like my wife......only a different
> body, different face and her hair isn't the same,
> other than that though.......

I spit my water out! That's freaking funny!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.