HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Crowder
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Crowder
Posted by: JasonGuess ()
Date: February 03, 2010 05:06PM

After his actions this week this guy has to have a come to Jesus with all three of our leaders present(Ireland, Sparano, Parcells). He goes out and underperforms all year and then gets on the radio with Porter and lets him take shots at a team he will likely be on next year. this guy may get tackles but that his job. With all the tackles Bell has had in the last two years clearly he isnt doing a good job at stopping guys from getting to the next level of the defense. He comes up woith zero big plays aside from one this year. Every time I watch him he is hitting the wrong gap. I cant stand this gun toting idiot anymore. If his contract wasnt so big I say cut him. Hell screw it there is no cap this year. Draft a replacement or get one of the big free agents. Everyone needs to get on the same page this year, injury proned asses need to get the hell out!!

Sorry that was a rant and i didnt check grammar or spelling. Tired of being a bad to mediocre team year after year while the Jets and Pats compete.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crowder
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 03, 2010 05:22PM

In our defense, Bell is always going to get a ton of tackles. Ayodele plays the Ted position, called so because he keys off the TE. If it's a pass, he has underneath pass coverage on the TE. If it's a run, he takes on the RG, so that Crowder and Bell are free to make tackles. Bell is supposed to be one of our leading tacklers.

But, that said, I agree with the overall premise that Crowder doesn't make enough tackles. He doesn't read plays well, often fills the wrong gap, and is late to react to cutbacks. He's tough, strong, smart, and a very good athlete. He just doesn't have the instincts to play the Mike position. And he lacks the big play ability to play outside. i think they will draft a Mike, preferably Sean Weatherspoon, and try Crowder at the Ted spot.

I know McClain is a popular choice around here. But the more I've read about both guys, the more I prefer Weatherspoon. McClain may be the better run stuffer, but I think Weatherspoon may be the more well rounded player. I thought he looked great in the Senior Bowl.

Posted by: JasonGuess ()
Date: February 04, 2010 01:42PM

I agree and I understand bell is supposed to have alot of tackles. I just thing gis numbers are too high and Crowders are too low. Meaning alot of misses

Posted by: realist ()
Date: February 04, 2010 03:49PM

Crowder plays too upright. That causes him to over-pursue and struggle to adjust. If he were lower he would sink into his quads and change direction.

It also causes him to take runners on too high and gets pushed back or he needs help.

Give me a LB who can dig his toes in, get to pad level and drive the RB backwards.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.