HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          72 Dolphins record.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
72 Dolphins record.....
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 26, 2009 05:09PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 72 Dolphins record.....
Posted by: joenhre ()
Date: October 26, 2009 06:08PM

Wow that's a tough one. To be honest I have no idea who to root for in that game. I hate the Patriots more than any other team in the league. However I also have learned to dislike the Saints after this week, because their team and fans are so arrogant and annoying. Plus the Saints will be trying to match the '72 Dolphins record. Of course I'm hoping that a team like the falcons beat the Saints before that game, then I'd just root against the Patriots.

However IF the saints are still unbeaten going into that game I don't think I will even bother watching it.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 27, 2009 03:55AM

That's easy call for me. The 17-0 record is sacred. thumbs up A Pats win under those circumstance is not. I'd hope (not root) for a Pats win.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: October 27, 2009 05:50AM

If a Pats loss means we make the playoffs then I'll root for NO and hope we have a chance to knock them off in the SB.smiling smiley

If that is not the case then it's go Pats.sad smiley

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 27, 2009 06:54AM

For a team that was in the cellar of the NFL for so long, I have trouble rooting against them...even if they're going for an undefeated season. I just can't get myself to root for the Pats under ANY circumstances.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 27, 2009 07:09AM

I would root for a tie...a compromise that comes close to the best of both worlds.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 27, 2009 07:38AM

I would root for a tie as well

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 27, 2009 07:39AM

i think the falcons will win at least one of those..but if not, tom brady jerseys are only 45 bucks..LOL

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 27, 2009 07:51AM

Leon nailed it. It's situational.

If a NE loss helps us into the playoffs, then GO SAINTS.

But I don't think we should even be thinking about another undefeated team. Sean Payton isn't Belicheat. He's not going to be playing Brees and co come December if they've already locked up home field...

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: October 27, 2009 08:16AM

Well me personally I hate the pats, I hate the pats I HATE THE PATS!!! I hate tom terrific, I hate bellachk, i hate those ugly uniforms, I hate their fans, I hate the way they talk, I hate that gay looking clown on their throw back helmets, I hate there owner, I hate the fact that hate is the worst word that I can use to discribe my feelings. I could NEVER root for the pats...

Let me paint the picture for you guys

The pats play the texans in week 17.

Even if we were 10-6 and the texans were 9-6 and we needed the pats to beat the texans so that we could win a wild card spot... I STILL couldnt rooting for the pats. Yes I am that fan.

and if the saints were to make that long journy to perfectville i cant think of a better team. They are a very classy organization and although they beat us I have no problem with them...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2009 08:22AM by Miami Reppa.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:28PM

I do not hate any team. Easy - go pats.

Date: October 27, 2009 02:58PM

i agree with reppa I HATE THE CHEATRIOTS!!!!!!! But I don't know how to cope with a team also going into perfectville. If the Saints do it there is no better organization but us to go there again.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: October 28, 2009 06:02AM

With the way the Dolphins are playing, it is likely that they will be out of contention for the playoffs by week 10. If the Dolphins are not in contention for the playoffs, I will certainly root for the Pats, as much as I dislike them.

I will probably root for the Pats, regardless of what the Dolphins are doing.

Curt

Curt "DOLFAN in St. Petersburg" Fennell
Godfather, Phins.com

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: October 28, 2009 08:55AM

chadpennington4ever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i agree with reppa I HATE THE CHEATRIOTS!!!!!!!
> But I don't know how to cope with a team also
> going into perfectville. If the Saints do it there
> is no better organization but us to go there
> again.

YEah let me clear that up. I also do not want a team to get to perfectville, i like being alone. However if a team did make it the saints are one of the small handful of teams i could get along with them. If it were the pats it would be like highlander where their could only be one, someone would have to leave the island.

Ultimately I would root for the saints and hope that they get knocked out in the playoffs.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 28, 2009 12:52PM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 28, 2009 05:56PM

I have 2 thoughts in my mind

#1 If the phins are out of contention. I will root for the pats.

#2 Even if we make the playoffs we are not going to win the superbowl with this defense.

So in other words i will root for the pats no matter what as much as i hate them...That perfect record is something we can brag about forever.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 28, 2009 09:01PM

If rooting for the Pats in a single game is the price for keeping the Phins record intact, I think I could stomach the poison.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 29, 2009 10:13AM

Ken Wrote:
> If rooting for the Pats in a single game is the
> price for keeping the Phins record intact, I think
> I could stomach the poison.

My stomach aches already! smiling smiley

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 29, 2009 09:39PM

I'd root for the Pats to protect the 17-0.

But I don't think we have anything to worry about. I mean we were not such a great team as to get up on top of them 24-3. If we can do, you can be damn sure other teams can.

I doubt they will make it to 10-0.

Posted by: runrickyrun ()
Date: October 30, 2009 10:34AM

Wow so many Pats fans here. Prob gonna root for them next week too. Unbelievable. Let's live in the present

Date: November 22, 2009 03:23PM

Well, it's here.

Couldn't come at a worst time, MikeO.

I guess a lot of people have made their positions clear.

This would be easier for me evn if Indy had lost a game.

The fact that Indy is unbeaten still presents the possibility of my worst nightmare, two undefeated teams in the Super Bowl.

On the other hand, if NO beats NE. Then we can win the East if we beat NE the next week.

I still think our best chance was thrown away on the lack of intelligence of Mark Sanchez today.

He gave the Pats one touchdown and cost his team a sure 3 points and arguably gave the Pats another touchdown. That's at least 17 points even assuming that the Jets would have had to punt on the first interception for a touchdown.

Date: November 22, 2009 03:35PM

I saw this coming weeks ago. And this is New Orleans last big test next week. Dallas can't score all of a sudden and the Saints will roll them in a few weeks. And I have no faith in Atlanta in a big game to beat New Orleans. The rest of their schedule is garbage (Wash, TB, Carolina)

If the Saints beat NE I think they are 16-0 heading into the playoffs and they will have 2 playoff games in a Dome. And the Super Bowl in Miami. So no weather conditions to slow them down on offense.

They have a better shot to go 19-0 than New England did a couple years back in my opinon. I mean the Pats had a big offense and playing at home in the playoffs worked against them. And if Rivers wasn't playing on one leg and if LT wasn't hurt, i think SD wins that AFC Championship game. It's laid out perfectly for New Orleans this year.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 22, 2009 03:40PM

If the Saints don't lose earlier I see them losing to Carolina. If they're 15-0 going in to that game, they'll rest their starters. Carolina would LOVE to knock them off and spoil their undefeated season.

Date: November 22, 2009 03:43PM

When your chasing history.........you don't rest starters.

Sean Peyton knows what is team is on the verge of doing,he won't rest starters. Just like Belichick didn't. Not when you are chasing history and a record that is so often talked about

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 22, 2009 04:22PM

Guys, Calm the F down. This happens every year and the cheating cheatriots are the only ones to ever come close, and guess what!? They were cheating to do it.

Its not gonna happen, you guys are freaking out.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 22, 2009 04:30PM

nobody is freaking out.......just looking at "reality"

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 22, 2009 04:33PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 22, 2009 04:46PM

Phinsfan2 is right. New England's 16-0 made our regular season record irrelevant. There's a long way to go before we have to worry about 18-0 Indy facing off against 18-0 New Orleans in the Super Bowl. Indy has been escaped a few games with very narrow wins. It would not be surprising to see them finally lose one of those nailbiters. If New Orleans beats NE, they are a good bet to go 16-0. But, I believe they would rest starters in week 16. The goal is to win the Super Bowl, not to go undefeated. Imagine the heat on the coaching staff if Brees got hurt in a meaningless game at the end of the regular season.

Date: November 22, 2009 05:04PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> I don't see what all the fuss is about.

I'm not going to waste time or energy rooting
> against my teams interests this season just to
> preserve some ridiculous record from 37 years ago.

RESPONSE: Wow! "some ridiculous record from 37 years ago?" And if you had your way, you would throw that away just to increase the odds of a team that has 5 losses, and has to contend with 8 other teams just for 2 spots in the playoffs.

Hmmmmmmm. Let's see. Being a fan of the ONLY TEAM IN THE NFL EVER TO COMPLETE AN UNDEFEATED SEASON, BOTH REGULAR AND POST SEASON

versus.......losing that record so that you can give a team that is in all likelihood out of the playoffs anyway with a lost to the Steelers at the end of the season an OUTSIDE CHANCE to be in the playoffs.

I wonder why the 72 Dolphins record is more important to me?

Phinsfan2 Wrote:

> I'll worry about the '72 Dolphins vs the '09
> Saints and Colts in the post season...assuming
> they get that far.

RESPONSE:IF THEY BOTH END UP IN THE POST SEASON UNDEFEATED, I will wager my dollar against your dime that one of them will be in the SuperBowl (which means they will be undefeated in the Super Bowl) and then we will have to sweat it out like we did against New England.

(or did you guys just care about that because it was the Patriots who you hate and not on account of the 72 Dolphins).

And that's the best case for the 72 Dolphins. If they BOTH end up in the SuperBowl, say farewell to the only thing that you have to say for yourself being a Dolphin Fan. We don't have the greatest number of SuperBowls. We don't even have the most consecutive SuperBowl appearances.

BUT I GUESS THAT'S JUST A RIDICULOUS RECORD FROM 37 YEARS AGO.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 22, 2009 06:56PM

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.