HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Biggest Bonehead Team in Football
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Biggest Bonehead Team in Football
Posted by: noetic ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:04PM

I very, very rarely read these forums anymore, as the overall quality is much less than it used to be due to several admins. However, after watching this most recent disgrace of a football game, I couldn't help myself.

For those of you who know me, I've always been very realistic about the Miami Dolphins, and I think its very obvious that we have hardest working football team in the league, but also the stupidest football team in the league. Most weeks, the Dolphins outplay their opponent and lose. How does this happen? They shoot themselves in the foot at every available opportunity. Anything positive the team accomplishes is quickly wiped away by another player's stupidity. The players are not coached to properly be aware of the clock and the game situation at all times, and this is a direct fault of Tony Sporano.

For example, 12 seconds left on the clock before halftime, New Orleans has no timeouts, and Brees throws short of the endzone. Two defensive backs both try to make a play on the ball, one slips, and they are allowed another play after Sporano calls a hideous timeout. Had they focused on tackling him shy of the endzone, we would have been up by three scores going into halftime.

However, none of that would have even mattered if Bess wouldn't have fumbled the ball on the 50 yard line. Second down, 1:50 on the clock, and instead of protecting the football, Bess tries to be Barry Sanders. In my opinion, that single mistake by Bess is largest contributing factor to why the Dolphins lost. He didn't even try to protect the football, and he showed no game awareness at all. He had no concept of the fact that being tackled in bounds and letting the clock run was a good play. This is the biggest weakness of the Dolphins. Nobody has any game awareness.

And of course, last but not least Ted Ginn Jr. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...Ted Ginn is the most worthless football player I have ever seen. He does much more harm than good, he is interested in nothing more than finding the sideline, he has the toughness of a girl scout, and I've never seen anyone drop more game-defining passes. It seems as if he actively tries to ruin the game. He will never be anything more than a wasted draft pick.

If Tony Sporano truly wanted to send a message, at the absolutely very least he would bench Ted Ginn. However, in my opinion Ted Ginn does more harm than good, and he should be cut. He is nothing more than a mistake that Sporano refuses to let go of.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Biggest Bonehead Team in Football
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:08PM

Cutting Ginn makes ZERO sense since we have no depth at the position. What cut ginn and activate Turner??? How does that make our team better.

We are stuck with Ginn this year. At the end of the year you evaluate the situation and do something. We dropped the ball last offseason doing NOTHING to upgrade an already poor WR corp. PERIOD. Doing something rash now does more harm than good.

Ginn isnt' why we are losing. Our defense is.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:11PM

Mike, Ginn is the reason Tony Sparano called a timeout and the end of the first half! He made Sparano call it! He solely cost us a TD at the end of the first half!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:15PM

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....Am I in the bizarro world here (Superman comic fans will understand)? Is MikeO saying that Ginn should not be cut and is A & 0 blaming Ginn?

All in one thread?

Posted by: joenhre ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:16PM

Cutting Ginn is not the answer because he does have some value to the team.He can be an occasional deep threat, but he will never be a true #1 WR. This team does not have one of those right now, and until they get one the Offense will just be one dimensional, meaning pretty much average.

With an average Defense and average Offense what does that make this team?

Posted by: Odenn ()

I disagree with your approach in claiming the admins are a reason you don't visit the boards. These boards are what you make them. If people feed the trolls on this board, that's directly on them, not the admins.

But to your point on Ted Ginn Jr. I've watched this entire season in one way or the other, Ginn come up short in key situations. He seemingly isn't able to step up in the position he is paid to play. I believe the #1 receiver spot should indeed see a change NEXT WEEK, and place Ginn in KR/PR only. This role highlights his ability to sprint and at the same time gets him out of the role of receiver. Bess, Hartline, and Camarillo all have shown to me that they can and will catch the ball the majority of the time. But hey, I'm no coach.

Im actually being very sarcastic Chyren. Im acting like a fool on purpose which is what half the people on here do when we lose.....BLAME TED GINN!!!!!!

---------------------

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike, Ginn is the reason Tony Sparano called a
> timeout and the end of the first half! He made
> Sparano call it! He solely cost us a TD at the end
> of the first half!!

? WHAT? You mean we can blame this one GINN too.

Forget cutting him, move him to PRACTICE SQUAD or just SLIT HIS THROAT

Date: October 25, 2009 03:20PM

Let us please look at reality here.

The Dolphins are not a vertical football team. They are a tough, rugged, running football team. As a result of that, they need receivers who can be counted on in third down situations, not receiver who can break a big gain maybe two or three times a season.

Ted Ginn has almost no value to the Dolphins, and cutting him would not affect the overall quality of the football team. At the very least, it would allow more sure-handed receivers the opportunity to actually catch the ball in situations where Ted Ginn regularly fails.

He is worthless. How many wins can you think of in the last three season where you can honestly say to yourself, "We would have lost that game if not for Ted Ginn"?

Date: October 25, 2009 03:20PM

YEAH!! HE MADE PARCELLS SIGN GIBRIL WILSON TOO!!!!

---------------------

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:21PM

Simple. 2-4.

Rick

Get a clue buddy, Ginn didn't let the Colts score all those points only having the ball for 15 min. Ginn didn't let the Saints come back from 24-3 today.

Everyone knows Ginn sucks.........he ain't way we are losing though

How many wins can you attribute to 85% of our players?

---------------------

Date: October 25, 2009 03:22PM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:23PM

A&O is a GINN FAN. He is beaing sarcastic.

Date: October 25, 2009 03:23PM

blame Ginn, blame the Admins around here. Your finger have cramps from all of that finger pointing and blame you passing around????

Date: October 25, 2009 03:24PM

If you read my initial post carefully, I say that the reason the Dolphins lose football games is because of the fact that the coaches do not properly teach the players to be aware of the clock and the current situation of the game.

I said if Sporano wants to make a statement about building a winner, he will bench of cut Ginn. I never said he's the sole reason the Dolphins lose games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2009 03:24PM by noetic.

Date: October 25, 2009 03:26PM

You said GINN SHOULD BE CUT.

Read the last sentence of your post.

Date: October 25, 2009 03:29PM

Date: October 25, 2009 03:45PM

If Ginn should be cut then Cammarillo, Bess & Fasano should join him on the train out of town.

---------------------

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:49PM

Ginn is only one player on the team. He is inconsistent, and doesn't play up to his draft status selection and will not in my opinion. Today, the team as a whole could not match the play of the Saints and that's what caused their strong, steady comeback. I never expect Ginn to make a play. When it happens (rarely) I am momentarily happy. While I can't speak for others, he's a major disappointment to me. If he was let go at the end of the season and wound up in another job outside of the NFL, that wouldn't be a total surprise to me either.

Posted by: joemama ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:53PM

Ginn, on a team that doesn't need him to step up as much as the Dolphins do, could probably do well. If he went some place where he could be the number 2 guy and not have to play in the slot so he would be one on one with a CB most times, then he would probably put up some big numbers.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:57PM

Date: October 25, 2009 04:22PM

Too funny.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 04:27PM

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 25, 2009 04:28PM

I have been an advocate of Ginn, but today I can't defend him. It is clear that he lacks the ability to come up with a contested ball. Even when he is open he drops the ball all too frequently. He definitely was a negative presence on the field today.

Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 07:34PM

HEH NOETIC...STAY OFF THE BOARD....YOU SOUND LIKE AL DAVIS!

CUTTING PLAYERS, ETC...

BY THE WAY...YOUR POSTS ARE OF NO BENEFIT...RIDE THE HIGHS AND THE LOWS BABY...WE WEREN'T WINNING THE SUPER BOWL THIS YEAR ANYWAYS.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 25, 2009 07:47PM

Anthony Fasano and Ginn both drop crucial passes.

The one Fasano dropped was just as critical because Ronnie had thrown it after he was certain to be sacked.

Like I said, these receivers nowadays......well, I've said it many times before.

However, I defend Camarillo, he was only doing what somebody was apparently telling him to do.....i.e., get out of bounds at all costs.

(and there was no need for him to get out of bounds).

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: October 26, 2009 03:31AM

noetic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With all due respect, you have 14 posts. Stick
> around a while before making comments like this.

I only make posts when I feel the need to say something. I've been reading these boards for quite some time. I understand your frustration, but as a whole the community has to show people that make idiotic posts that they're on a whole, going to be ignored.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.