HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          CRIMINAL
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
CRIMINAL
Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: October 25, 2009 02:49PM

Never in my entire life have I ever seen a call in sports that literally convinced me that there was a conspiracy and the referee was on the take.

Illegal forward pass??? That is the single worst call I have even seen in sports. I thought the Devone Bess "fumble" was outrageous. How can you be called for a forward pass when you're completely horizontal, 3 incheds off the ground, getting tackled and stretching your arms out as the ball gets fumbled out of bounds. That should be investigated. The fact that all the referees met together and talked it over and thats the bull$H!t they came up with is mind boggling.

Oh, and that fat piece of $H!T....Tony Sparano. GREAT TIME OUT A-HOLE!!!! We sooooo desperately needed a time out right before the Saints field goal attempt before half time. So what, we could give Brees time to change Peyton's mind to go for it. That touchdown is entirely his fault. That was the stupidest thing in the world. John Karney was already on the field setting up. What in the world was he doing calling a timeout when the Saints were on the quarter inch and goal.

Let's see, what else? Fasano coming through big when we needed him most dropping the most crucial pass of the game to kill our drive and our chances.

That Devone Bess "fumble" that was the game changer that started everything. That's what I call a "24-3 call" ehh it's a lot to a little let's give em the fumble. Only problem was on no planet was that a fumble. The ball was "jarred lose" at the same time his knee touched down and here's the kicker.... while still in entirely in his hands.

So once again, we embarrass a team all night long, obliterate them on defense, and have our way with them offensively, all until a B.S. call and even stupider time out changes the momentum and we systematically give up another 38 points or whatever through B.S. calls and other nonsense. Ridiculous. We owned the Saints tonight and walk away with a Loss. Great

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CRIMINAL
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 25, 2009 02:53PM

It was the right call. Camarillo threw it out of bounds. Can't do that

Posted by: joemama ()
Date: October 25, 2009 02:54PM

The Bess call was correct as well, he lost control before his knee was donw.

Date: October 25, 2009 02:58PM

The refs didn't lose this game..

1) Play calling by Henning (throwing every play with a big lead)
2) Sprano TIMEOUT before halftime (gave N.O. life)
3) DEFENSE CAN'T STOP ANYBODY

Those are the ONLY 3 reasons we lost. Ginn sucked, but we had such a big lead it shouldn't have mattered if he sucked. He didn't play well but he didn't lose us this game

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:07PM

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:08PM

As I said in another thread, the suspect thing I saw from the refs in that game was the penalty at the end of the game.

The line on the game was like Saints -7 or so, and then there was that phantom penalty at the end to run out the clock when the Dolphins had the ball inside the Saints' 10??

Heh.

Date: October 25, 2009 03:10PM

Our defense played better than I've ever seen them play in the last 5 years, that is until about halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Vontae Davis made a HUGE play saving a touchdown. Sean Smith had 2 pass deflections early on, we sacked Brees 7 times with Yeremiah Bell getting 2, Taylor stripping him, Porter grabbing 3, and I forget who else, the D-Line owned the Saints O-line at the beginning too. We shut them down completely early on.

As for the Camarillo call, I disagree, that looked like a textbook fumble out of bounds. How can it be a forward pass if you don't even make a throwing motion? He extended his arms as if to break the plane of the goal line when players try to get into the endzone, all while getting tackled in a horizontal position 2 inches off the ground. He didn't take the ball and heave it in some kind of throwing motion, he dove arms extended, ball flying out of his control, fumbling out of bounds. Total crap.

Date: October 25, 2009 03:13PM

I guess I'm just unschooled with this whole forward pass thing. I've seen that penalty called many times before and I've never seen it look like that. 9 times out of ten the refs would see that as a fumble out of bounds. I wonder if the clock wasn't an issue and this was during the first quarter if they would have called it a forward pass.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:14PM

I cant blame the refs.....WE should have run the clock out before half, We should not have thrown a pick 6, We should have a D that could tackle shockey before he gets 30 yards.....We just sucked and no one else is to blame for this one!!

Date: October 25, 2009 03:14PM

its the ole FUMBLE-ROOSKIE rule. Can't fumble forward to advance the ball or stop the clock. Pretty cut and dry. Camarillo is a moron for trying it

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:15PM

moody smiley

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:19PM

Panteraize is right. As I said in another thread, you can make an argument for all of the refs call but the fact is that ALL of them after the "our cameras weren't working" call went against the Dolphins. You can also construct an argument that if the Dolphins had played a perfect game, these calls wouldn't matter.

The fact is that every team has a right to expect neutral officiating.

Letting your own desire to eliminate Monday morning talk about the officiating because your camera broke down and accomplishing that goal by making every questionable call against the team that benefitted by that broken camera should not be ignored.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:24PM

Inspite of the valiant effort on the part of the Dolphins, the better team is the Saints. Drew Brees was not rattled and the Saint coaches were able to keep their players in the game. I observed a "pooping out of the defense" late in the 2nd half. When I noticed that, I thought the Saints would be able to come back if they kept working at it. That was the case.
The team is playing pretty well but the big players (TE size guys) who catch and run play havoc with our secondary. Trying to stop Shockey high was a mismatch and that's why it went for such a big gain. When was the last time you saw a Dolphin TE dominate a defense. It's a happening regularly to the Dolphins right now. sad smiley

Posted by: SaintsFan ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:30PM

the call was the right one on the fumble

Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:38PM

right one on the camarillo fumble wrong one on the touchdown touchback call earlier..thast said we gave htis game away in typical dolphin fashion

Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:39PM

What a horrible and disgraceful call! There was absolutely NO EVIDENCE showing that Camarillo intentionally threw the ball out of bounds to stop the clock.

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE call - Should definitely be investigated.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:46PM

Agreed, with the kind of lead we had, you gotta get the run game going hard and grinding behind our Multi-million Dollar OL.

And what was up with the change in D? First half we are shifting around, moving, we had Wake on the field getting pressure on Brees. Then in the 2nd half we line up in a standard D and let them dissect it. Whose idea was that?

Date: October 25, 2009 03:50PM

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: October 25, 2009 04:31PM

I've seen other teams do what Camarillo did and illegal pass was not called. He was very close to the sideline, and there was no evidence he threw the ball.

The refs sucked the entire game. Bess's knee was down, period. He still had the ball. And since he has great hands I would think they would give him the benefit of a doubt. But they were calling against the dolphins the whole game.

Another thing is if the rationale of the refs was that balls travel, that they need time to work their way out of players arms before they're fumbled, then why not use that same yardstick when determining whether the Saints fumbled before the end zone? What, the ball wasn't "coming out" then? It just suddenly went from being in his hand, then crossing the goal line, then out? That whole play was crap, the defender slapped the ball out and that's when it came out, period. And that was way before the goal line. It was such a bad call.

The calls were crap the whole game, even up to the point they nullified the 1 second left on the clock because the line wasn't set. The freaking line was set. What do they want, to see them knitting? Once again, if not the Dolphins, it would be fine. I've seen lots of teams do that and they were barely set.

Date: October 25, 2009 04:37PM

Date: October 25, 2009 04:51PM

But DolphinSam is right. I have never seen that call called since the infamous Raider game that changed the rule. WHEN IT IS CALLED, THE REMEDY IS SIMPLY TO BRING THE BALL BACK INTO THE FIELD OF PLAY AND KEEP THE CLOCK RUNNING.

The refs dreamed up illegal forward pass. It was an ILLEGAL FORWARD FUMBLE. That's all.

I know we can be mad at our team.

PhinsFan2 you could look at a lot of Saints team from their perspective and talk about all of the mistakes that led to our 24-3 lead in the first place.

But we have the right to NEUTRAL officiating and that is the point that your "Yeah but if we had....." misses the point.

Posted by: SaintsFan ()
Date: October 25, 2009 06:40PM

i love how some of you dont think that was an intentional fumble by your guy

Date: October 25, 2009 06:44PM

it was a fumble-rooskie play.

refs made the right call. Camarillo can't do that

Date: October 25, 2009 06:54PM

Oh, I believe it was an INTENTIONAL fumble but it was not by rule an intentional forward pass.

Some say the rules would call it an incomplete pass. (No penalty, loss of down, of course, but nothing else.)

Some say the rules call it an illegal fumble with a 5 yard penalty from the spot of the fumble (first down remains if enough yardage).

Date: October 25, 2009 07:12PM

Date: October 25, 2009 07:12PM

you can't fumble forward. That is an illegal forward pass. The refs made the CORRECT call.

Why is this so hard to understand?!?!

Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 07:26PM

JUST A BAD PANIC MOVE BY CAMARILLO...PLENTY OF TIME.

INTENTIONAL FUMBLE YES...FORWARD NO...FUMBLED AT THE 49...BALL OUT OF BOUNDS AT THE 49...HOW WAS THAT FORWARD?

ANYWAYS...ENTERTAINING GAME...CONGRATS SAINTS FAN....BUT NO SOUR GRAPES OR ANYTHING...HOWEVER YOUR TEAM WILL NOT WIN THE SUPER BOWL THIS YEAR WITH THAT DEFENCE!

STILL GOES THOUGH THE AFC THIS YEAR...SAY INDY, PITT OR OUR NEMESIS PATS!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.