HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Most Overrated QB?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Most Overrated QB?
Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: October 18, 2009 06:08PM

My pick is Cutler...can't stand him. He's an interception machine.

Sanchez is a close 2nd, but he's still a rookie....he looked horrible today!

Hasselbeck is up there too...very inconsistent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Most Overrated QB?
Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 18, 2009 07:10PM

Cutler.....Something about that guy annoys me.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 18, 2009 07:23PM

I'm NOT a Jet fan, but Sanchez is only a rookie. Troy Aikman looked pretty bad his first year. Peyton Manning stunk it up a few times as well when he was a rookie. I agree on Cutler, though!

Date: October 18, 2009 07:27PM

I actually like Sanchez. He is a classy kid if you saw the Jets press conference after the Monday night game you know what I mean. It's too bad he plays for that clown of a coach.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 19, 2009 02:24AM

It used to be Michael Vick. I used to say that the best Falcon quarterback was sitting on the bench behind Vick. Everyone used to laugh and say that I couldn't be serious. I was and Schaub threw 4 TDs yesterday. What has Vick done?

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 19, 2009 05:10AM

The way he's been playing you have to throw Romo in this conversation also.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 19, 2009 06:18AM

I think Sanchez is way overrated even though he is a rookie, I cut him a slim margin of slack for being a rookie. But most fans are already annointing him as the next Brady or Manning. HAVE YOU SEEN HIS NUMBERS!?

Cutler is, Romo is as well.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 19, 2009 06:48AM

You have to separate what you like from how someone plays to answer this thread.

1. Not liking his demeanor is fine, but Cutler is a very good QB.

2. Romo on the other hand is quite likeable but some games just stinks it up. He can't do it in the big ones.

3. Culpepper is terrible

4. Sanchez, benefitted from a weak schedule in his debut 3-0 run and both he and the Jets are now being exposed. Sanchez is a rookie and will likely be a decent QB. Ryan is a bufoon that knows nothing other than shifting blame for his ineptness to others ... Sanchez is this weeks scapegoat, last week was his defense.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 19, 2009 07:07AM

Date: October 19, 2009 07:08AM

I will predict that Ryan will fail as the HC of the Jets. He is a defensive guru I'll give him that. But in the NFL you need to have both tools. How good was daddy Ryan when he left the Bears? T-Rex will fail and the phins will help that come about

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 19, 2009 07:18AM

T-REX is well on his way ... and the jets market doesn't stand for a lot of losing.

Ryan's issue is one of self love over his players and his team is likely beginning to see it.

First he throws his defense under the buss and now sanchez.

He couldn't even acknowledge the good offensive play against his team from the dolphins. He had to put down his guys.

- Coaches don't last long who do this

- Even the Bills kicked his arse this week.

Date: October 19, 2009 08:34AM

Date: October 19, 2009 10:34AM

On the college level there is just something about the Claussen kid from ND that annoys the crap out of me.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:03AM

Sanchez can't be overrated he has only played 6 games, too early to be "overrated"

Romo is on the list, maybe the leader on overrated QB's. Cutler is also on the list and in the debate

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 19, 2009 04:37PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the college level there is just something about
> the Claussen kid from ND that annoys the crap out
> of me.

The guy is good. I am willing to bet that any successful golden dommer annoys you.

Date: October 19, 2009 04:43PM

Cutler for shure!!!!!

Date: October 19, 2009 05:10PM

Is my Notre Dame love showing through? I'll admit he's good but there is just something about his demeanor on the sidelines that bugs me. I live about 45 mins away from South Bend so we get the Irish shoved down our throat about as much as the Cubs.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 19, 2009 05:23PM

Sanchez has only played 6 games, but he is definitely overrated. After three games, he was being compared favorably to Joe Namath. Joe Namath!

He is a rookie who is playing bad ball. If he played in another market and he wasn't like the only hispanic QB in the league, he'd be getting slagged on.

Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:16PM

Maybe its cuz i hate the Jets.... but Sanchez is straight up BAD. And again, maybe its cuz i hate USC (being from LA thats all I ever hear about) but i think every SC QB is completely over rated. Lets face it, Palmer is terrible, Leinart....who? and Sanchez is a BUST. The thing is they had all the time in the world to throw here in Cali i mean they Joey Harrington could look like Joe Montana with time like that but when its time to play with the big boys none of them could be Great.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:55PM

Carson Palmer is not terrible.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 20, 2009 12:14AM

I honestly wasn't impressed with Sanchez in the Dolphins game, either. He made 3-4 good throws, but he missed a lot of good opportunities when our CBs were getting abused. For all the love he was getting from the ESPN crew, it was clear that he was flat out missing open guys for a real big stretch between the opening drive and the 4th quarter.

I'm not saying the guy is going to be a bust, but the amount of hype he's receiving certainly isn't merited by his play on the field.

Date: October 20, 2009 01:09PM

They actually have shirts that say Franchiez...or something to that effect.

He is a bum.

---------------------

Date: October 20, 2009 01:15PM

Date: October 20, 2009 01:55PM

Quote:

"The phrase they like to use in NYC is "Sanchise".

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
See that shows you how much I actually know/care about him or the Jets. That is absolutely ridiculous. The guy doesnt look like Flacco or Ryan. Matter of fact, Matt Stafford looked better than him on a very worse football team.

---------------------

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 21, 2009 03:36AM

I'm going to jump in on the comments about Jimmy Clausen. First off, I'm a ND fan and have been all my life. My opinion is this:

ND is overrated; Charlie Weiss is overrated; and, Jimmy Clausen is grossly overrated. Drafted out of CA, Weiss had great hopes for Clausen leading the Irish to big bowl games and hopefully a National Championship. His freshman year was abysmal. His sophomore year was oh-hum. His junior year now is falling apart. His talent is average, his leadership is average, and his supporting cast, slightly better than average. ND, slighly better than average as a team, but not a contender for anything. The loss by ND to SC is just another example of ND's inability to play a contender. Clausen will never get to the NFL.

Date: October 21, 2009 04:36AM

I Agree about ND and Weiss both being overrated but my comments about Claussen were more about his demeanor that bugged me. I would have to seriously think about becoming a fan if they lure Gruden there after this year, I think he would make an awesome college coach and would turn that program around in a hurry.

The stuff about "Sanchize" is that it's not really his fault that they threw all that pressure on him because of a few wins, but thats life in NYC. Like Aqua said I dont remember Ryan or Flacco having any games like that (5 ints) last year so maybe this kid doesnt have it but it may be a little early to say bust. Jet or not you gotta be honest that at times he's looked good but other times not so much. He wont last to long there if his jackass coach keeps throwing him under the bus when it's the New York media driving that bus. The more I see and hear about Rex Ryan the more I can't stand him

Date: October 21, 2009 07:04AM

Date: October 21, 2009 07:45AM

His supporting cast in not slightly better than average. The guy is throwing to 2 of the top 5 WR's in the country. FLoyd and Tate are amazing. Clausen is a bum though.

---------------------

Date: October 21, 2009 08:16AM

Date: October 21, 2009 09:20AM

Quote:

"Floyd broke his collarbone in in Mid september. He's out until Novememer."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I know he's been out. But I heard FLoyd say last week he will be back this week.

---------------------

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.