HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne-Marino
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Henne-Marino
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 12, 2009 07:22PM

Wasn't Dan's first big game on a Monday night, against the Raiders?

He showed the gun but also the smarts & nice touch

He will open Ginn up as a deep threat, need to work in Bess, Hartline & Camarillo on short slants like the Pats with Welker

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Henne-Marino
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 12, 2009 07:23PM

Henne is Henne. Let's stop comparing him to Marino. He's not Marino, but maybe Henne can do something Marino didn't...win a Superbowl!

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 12, 2009 07:24PM

Did you not watch the game?

He completed passes to all of them, and camarillo was the reason we scored the last touchdown

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 12, 2009 07:25PM

Marino never had a running game like Ricky & Ronnie

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 12, 2009 07:26PM

agreed--way too early to be mentioning henne and marino in the same sentence. We will probably never be lucky enough to have another QB like Marino--but that doesn't mean Henne can't be a great player down here also.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: October 12, 2009 07:27PM

He came off the bench to throw 2 tds on a monday night game in a loss to the raiders....his first start was against the Bills in a 35-38 loss....Shula was excited after that loss knowing what he had in Marino.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 12, 2009 07:32PM

I was impressed with Henne. I think he has a chance to be a very good player in this league. One thing is for sure. He was cool under pressure tonight. Did you guys see the list of quarterbacks who have faced the Jets? Schabb, Brady, Collins, and Brees all had miserable qb ratings and our boy had his go through the roof. Over 130. On Monday night and having to answer big plays by the Jets. He was clutch and that was the one question I had regarding him. He showed me something tonight. I actually think we are in better shape with him over Pennington.

Posted by: Aria ()
Date: October 12, 2009 07:34PM

Ryan was funny in comparing them. I agree that there is no comparison. I hope people start making comparisons like this to Henne one day though. He had a really good game.

Also love camarillo. Some clutch cathces at the end and some key blocks. I keep a list of my all time favorite non-elite phins and he has made the list (Gadsen and Parmalee are on that list).

Finally, I hate the jets but this was a fun game and I have to give them grudging respect. I am actually worried about our next game with them as Edwards gets more comfortable and incorporated in their offense. He will find a way to further exploit our secondary (and will hope for more help from the refs).

I am tired but sooooo excited!!!

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: October 12, 2009 07:40PM

Why is Parmalee on that list?

Posted by: Aria ()
Date: October 12, 2009 07:43PM

He was a baller on special teams and out of the blue put up some very good rushing games. We got a lot more out of him then we put in.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 12, 2009 08:01PM

I knew the Marino Henne comparrison was going to be mentioned on this site. Let's settle down, ver impressed but let's wait a little bit before we start comparing him to the best

Posted by: rick1355 ()
Date: October 12, 2009 09:06PM

Parmalee........... "UPS express" "Gotta love him" one of my all time favorites.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 13, 2009 02:39AM

Marino is in the company of Tarkington; and they will be joined by Favre, Peyton Manning, and Brady when the time comes. No sense to put that "burden of greatness" on any young quarterback until they have proven themselves over time as a master at what they do.

Chad Henne performed well but each time he handled the ball, I held my breath, not knowing what he would do. My hat is off to the entire team for fighting the good fight on every play. Terrific.

As mentioned in a different thread, Mark Sanchez is a player. The Monday night game was a see-saw battle and an exciting game to watch. Each play had me on the edge of my chair. The Dolphin win made it that much more fun for me. It was the best game of the week!smileys with beer

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 13, 2009 04:04AM

HENNE IS AWESOME!!! Makes very smart decisions. He IS our new QB I think

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 13, 2009 06:58AM

As Sparano put it. Henne is Henne.

Both He and Marino deserve that respect.

here's to hoping that Henne earns a record for himslef that allows his records to be compared to Marino's and that he establishes his own place in Dolphin history.

I was so excited to see the poise and accuracy of his throws under the game conditions and pressure.

talk to me in 10 years about comparisons to marino ... but give this kid his due:

He came out in blazing in a tough matchup and raised the bar for this offense.

- Hit 10 receivers, and threw to about everwhere you could ask for under pressure.

- Add to the mix, that he made the reads on blitz packages that made them pay.

- let's hope we see more of the same against the Saints

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 13, 2009 03:26PM

This thread is so nice i just thought it should stay on top.

BTW henne is no marino today but can very well be marino in a few years.

You never know. Lets hope for the best. I believe we have a diamond in the rough in henne and he is developing in front of our eyes.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 13, 2009 03:39PM

And yes there is only one dan marino in my book.

With that been said there is also one john elway one joe montana one troy aikman ect.

With a little bit of luck we will have one henne as well.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 13, 2009 05:23PM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> - Add to the mix, that he made the reads on blitz
> packages that made them pay.
>
Oh yeah! That 50-yard screen pass to Ricky was about as perfect as you can get!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.