HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ginn is done
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ginn is done
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: October 04, 2009 05:59PM

I have tried folks to be positive for this kid, but i just dont see it happening. He is lost out there, that end around if he stayed outside he is still running but he goes inside and crumbles like week old bread. There is no way he even gets close to catching the hartline td. He has to get traded, or nothing else just kickoff duty and throw him in 3 times a game for an end around or deep fly pattern but he cant be there for everydown play. Anyone know whats up with turner???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ginn is done
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 04, 2009 06:24PM

Im glad we drafted ginn..........If we would had drafted quinn hed be in the bench just like he is in cleveland.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 04, 2009 06:27PM

wow...something positive!!!

But now that Quinn has proven that he sucks everybody is just going to turn from Quinn to Dwayne Bowe or some other player.....here it comes....just watch.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 04, 2009 06:33PM

Ginn was a bad pick done and done. I am sure we can trade him to the Ravens, Cam would love to have him we can throw in the entire family for a first round or second

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 04, 2009 06:35PM

ranger1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ginn was a bad pick done and done. I am sure we
> can trade him to the Ravens, Cam would love to
> have him we can throw in the entire family for a
> first round or second

He was a bad pick at #9, yes, but Quinn would have been an awful pick!

Date: October 04, 2009 06:42PM

oh for sure but no one really knows that on draft day. Ginn had promise but I think after three years the writting is on the wall

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: October 04, 2009 07:19PM

Why isn't he returning kicks? He's actually very good at that.

I know we wanted to rest him up for wr duties, but does it really take that much out of a player to be a KR/PR or a starter? I don't think so. These guys are world class athletes.

Posted by: rick1355 ()
Date: October 04, 2009 07:33PM

Ginn should be a punt and kick off return man. That seems to be his best talent. Put him in at WR once in a while.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 05, 2009 12:36AM

The reason Ginn hasn't return kicks is because the coaching staff believes Ginn doesn't like "contact" and of course being on special teams and returning kicks you will get hit and there is a lot of contact.

I think now though you will see Ginn returning kicks more often. For the simple fact that they need to get SOME value out of a #9 overall pick somewhere.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 05, 2009 02:30AM

Did anyone else notice Ginn made a conscious effort not to run out of bounds or dive to the ground. I really think that is the reason he cut the reverse back in instead of taking the sideline. He may not be a Moss or Owens, but I think he is our best wide receiver and since he starts so does our coaching staff. It appears the other teams think so as well since he often draws double coverage.

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: October 05, 2009 02:44AM

It wasn't about Ginn v. Quinn, personally. If the team were smart back in 07, we'd have drafted the guy that went #10, Amobi Okoye. Drafted at 19 yrs old, huge smarts, and is now dominating on the Texans D-line... Imagine a rotation of Langford, Merling, Okoye at DE, Soliai, and Fergie, at NT... If Parcells were running the show back in 07, no doubt Okoye would have been the pick, IMO.

we can redeem ourselves by signing Vince Wilfork this off-season. By throwing him in the mix and putting Fergie at 2nd string depth, that's dominating...

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Date: October 05, 2009 02:46AM

Jonathan Twilley Wrote:
> Did anyone else notice Ginn made a conscious
> effort not to run out of bounds or dive to the
> ground. I really think that is the reason he cut
> the reverse back in instead of taking the
> sideline. He may not be a Moss or Owens, but I
> think he is our best wide receiver and since he
> starts so does our coaching staff. It appears the
> other teams think so as well since he often draws
> double coverage.

Sorry to say so, but it's a classic display of his learning disability. He cut it inside because he was probably told he needs to get tough and take hits. Problem is he would have gained more yards, maybe even 6 points, if he stayed outside. We've seen this his entire career. Give him a directive and he'll do it....ONE thing. Ask him to make a decision and he'll falter.

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: October 05, 2009 02:56AM

I think Ginn knows he's treading on thin ice, and it shows when he plays. The guy needs to use his instincts, that's what it took to make all the plays he made in college. He's still one of the fastest guys out there on the field.

With Henne's first win under his belt, maybe he and the coaching staff will be looser next Monday night. It would be beautiful for Chad to open it up and bomb it to Ginn for a TD on Monday night, Phins beat the hated Jets in prime-time on our home field!

Another thing, Henne sacked 6 times yesterday! If these guys cant pass protect, they need to put him in the shotgun, hopefully that works...

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 05, 2009 05:10AM

That was my pick too. I was against Quinn, wanted Okoye, did not see the Ginn pick coming at all.

Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: October 05, 2009 05:18AM

It hasn't been 3 years! He is in his 3rd year and has played all of 4 games. He has gotton behind the secondary on several occasions, only to be overthrown or not thrown to at all. He has improved every year he has been here and should be allowed to finish the year before he is judged!

Date: October 05, 2009 05:38AM

What about the drop passes? We are going on double digits for those.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 05, 2009 06:21AM

We all tend to remember the bad ones. Stats say Ginn is among a lot of other company tied for 12th with 2 drops:

Guess who is tied for 3rd? TO

Super bowl MVP tied for first (Santonio Holmes)

NFL Leaders: Pass Dropped (Thru Oct. 4, 2009)

Rank Player Team Stats
1t Michael Clayton TB 4
1t Santonio Holmes Pit 4
3t Laveranues Coles Cin 3
3t Julian Edelman NE 3
3t Justin Gage Ten 3
3t Randy McMichael StL 3
3t Jordy Nelson GB 3
3t Terrell Owens Buf 3
3t Steve Smith Car 3
3t Roddy White Atl 3
3t Kellen Winslow TB 3
12t Isaac Bruce SF 2
12t Dallas Clark Ind 2
12t Daniel Coats Cin 2
12t Vernon Davis SF 2
12t Mike Furrey Cle 2
12t Joey Galloway NE 2
12t Ted Ginn Jr. Mia 2
12t Percy Harvin Min 2
12t Madison Hedgecock NYG 2
12t Fred Jackson Buf 2
12t Andre Johnson Hou 2
12t James Jones GB 2
12t Derrick Mason Bal 2
12t Randy Moss NE 2
12t Robert Royal Cle 2
12t Sean Ryan KC 2
12t Darren Sproles SD 2
12t Jerramy Stevens TB 2
12t Sammie Stroughter TB 2
12t Nate Washington Ten 2
12t Benjamin Watson NE 2

Date: October 05, 2009 06:26AM

Date: October 05, 2009 06:39AM

Date: October 05, 2009 07:12AM

RW13 Wrote:
> It hasn't been 3 years! He is in his 3rd year and
> has played all of 4 games. He has gotton behind
> the secondary on several occasions, only to be
> overthrown or not thrown to at all. He has
> improved every year he has been here and should be
> allowed to finish the year before he is judged!

Watch how often the ball is JUST out of his reach and he doesn't make an effort to dive or stretch to catch it. He's obviously playing scared. Great WR make great catches. Ginn doesn't even make good ones.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 05, 2009 07:13AM

But the Bess and Ginn debate is very different. Bess "BIG" plays are 5 yard hooks.

Ginn is normally 12-20 yards downfield.

Realistically that is a bigg difference.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 05, 2009 09:17AM

Date: October 05, 2009 10:26AM

Ginn is far from done.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2009 10:30AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 05, 2009 10:51AM

I have been one of Ginn's proponents since the beginning but my thinking was that he would blossom in his 3rd year. He is only 1/4 of the way into his 3rd year but I don't see any difference in him yet and the coaches are not happy with him either. He was on the bench for a lot of the game on Sunday.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: October 05, 2009 11:03AM

Ginn needs to become hennes go to man.

We game planned against terrell owens just like teams game plan against ginn, our best receiver.

Ginn sees a lot double teams. I think henne needs to go to ginn more monday night against the jets and sooner or later they will get in sync.

The question is...Can ginn change his habit of been to cautious going for the ball? He seems afraid to get hit.

Date: October 05, 2009 11:53AM

I don't know where you get sanps, or if it is even meaningful, as even if you are on the field you want to know how many times the ball is thrown to you. here's the receiver stats.

BTW 122 yds is average for the league. Bess and Ginn are over that. 400 + is tops. Let's hope we see some passing stats like this weeks running stats in weeks to come.

Receiving G Rec Yds Y/G Avg Long YAC 1stD TD Fum FumL

Davone Bess 4 20 157 39.3 157.0 21 68 11 0 0 0
Ted Ginn Jr. 4 14 138 34.5 46.0 21 6 10 0 0 0
Greg Camarillo 4 11 86 21.5 0.0 18 11 5 0 0 0
Ricky Williams 4 8 62 15.5 1.2 11 45 4 1 0 0
Brian Hartline 4 6 53 13.3 53.0 18 6 4 1 0 0
Ronnie Brown 4 6 50 12.5 0.7 27 37 2 0 0 0
Joey Haynos 4 1 21 5.3 0.0 21 12 1 0 0 0
Anthony Fasano 4 4 18 4.5 0.0 10 6 1 0 2 2
Patrick Cobbs 4 2 18 4.5 3.6 10 12 1 0 0 0
Lousaka Polite 4 3 17 4.3 2.4 7 10 0 0 0 0

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 06, 2009 03:57AM

A few seasons have passed and Ginn has improved, however, he seems to lack the "go get the ball" mentality the great receivers display. Great receivers sacrifice their bodies to some extent in order to pull in that slightly out of reach pass, the type we often see making the highlights on ESPN. To put a label on it, I believe he is a "timid receiver" and because of it will not live up to his draft choice ranking.

His timidity shows up elsewhere. There is seldom any significant yardage gained after a catch. With his remarkable speed, you would think he'd be able to gain some yardage after a catch. It's not happening.

IMHO, this top draft pick (Ginn) will not become the deep receiving threat the Dolphins need.

Bottom line: Continue the search for a fast, aggressive WR.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: October 06, 2009 05:09AM

Ginn Jr is only 24 years old. He is far from done. I continue to support the kid as a valuable member of this Miami Dolphins team.

I expect him to get more oportunities to make big plays as Henne settles in to his comfort zone as the leader of the offense.

I think overall, fans simply don't understand that Parcells doesn't build an offense around the WR position. He is probably more ticked off about the lack of production from the TE's than an outside player.

Once we prove we can attack the middle of the field, obviously...the oportunities will be there on the outside.

Brady Quinn is the one that is done.

Date: October 06, 2009 07:37AM

Well said Jim B.

I'm not however giving Ginn a total pass here, because I think he needs to get more separation, and a little tougher on fighting for and coming up with the ball.

I've seen him do it, but not consistently.

Totally agree that the key ingredient to the current FINS offense is the TE psition.

- It is so hard to be blocking a TE and then he breaks out for a quick curl or up the middle.

- Ginn had one game that he really performed in (IND) where he had 11 receptins for over 100 yds. Why? maybe because we ran so well, but so too have we in other games.

Jets game is one in which we will HAVE TO BE ABLE to PASS

- If Ginn or another receiver shows up, it will be a turning point for the Miami offense.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 06, 2009 01:40PM

Feidler?!? Wow, talk about living in the past. I never could figure out what people hated Feidler for, anyway. Not being Marino? Not his fault. Besides, of all the post-Marino QB's, until Pennington, he had the highest winning percentage, BY FAR. What's to hate? He was a winner.
As for Ginn, he is a fine #2 WR. He was drafted as a #1, but that's not HIS fault. He has a place on this team, we just need a #1 WR to complement him. I think then we will see just how valuable he is.

Rick

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.