Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          How much longer do we put up with this crap?!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
How much longer do we put up with this crap?!
Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 06:10PM

Something drastic needs to be done.......does anybody truly care about the PHINS or am I the only one that wants this joke to stop??!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How much longer do we put up with this crap?!
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 27, 2009 06:17PM

You are not the only one on this board that wants the team to play better and improve but the reality is what we are witnessing every weekend. The team is not very good right now and it is not because of poor talent. It is because of poor execution and poor decisions mixed with quite a bit of bad luck and inexperience on the part of a few new players.

Improvement will take time and another injection of talent in the draft mixed with tweaks to the schemes we run.

I expect it to happen and believe that it will...in time.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 06:22PM

I believe we have lack of talent

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 06:46PM

It will take at least another year with WR's hopefully as top draft pics next year

Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 07:08PM

It comes down to so many years of frustration!

Through the Marino era, where we never had a bonafide RB or DEFENCE!....a bloody waste..plain and simple!

To the years since Marino's retirement....no bonafide QB while Rickey was running wild and clueless management and coaches!

As a fan, it's so damn frustrating, because EVEN now with the sol called genius of Parcell's, Ireland and the gang...we don't have a bonafide WR, QB or DB? Seeing the Jets plod along at 3-0 with a rookie QB, makes me jealous and upset...

When is the tide going to turn in our favour and not just for 1 year....I want successful seasons year after year ala NE, San Fran, Dallas, Denver and Pittsburgh. We haven't had that for almost 40 years!

I'm not giving up, but this losing atmosphere is just so frustrating and I question whether Parcells' entourage truly has the answers?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 27, 2009 07:32PM

I think a lot of it is also coaching strategy.

Only late in the game did the coaching staff realize that our most effective defensive pass strategy was blitz, blitz, blitz.

But this should have been obvious.

What's the worst part of our defense?

Our secondary.

What are the best parts of their offense, first, the passing game and within that, the passer and his receivers.

So let Phillip Rivers, a great passer, stand back in the pocket flat-footed with not only great receivers and a great tight end against our poor secondary and you have a recipe for success....on their part, of course.

However, I noticed that Phil tended to get wild when he was under a little pressure.

However, by the time the coaching staff got the message, it was too late.

Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 07:39PM

Yes, good observation, but Sparano will say they had everything under control...just poor execution.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 27, 2009 09:17PM

Poor coaching, ive been saying it all year, horrible basic set offense, and just plain garbage defense. Not near enough blitz's, and when we do blitz, we need to disguise it more. So Pasquloni, and Henning are to blame plain, and simple. They need to man up and accept ALL responsibity, and Sparano is starting to walk on thin ice, for not doing what is needed, by benching players, and coachs.

Date: September 28, 2009 06:36AM

miamid45 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It comes down to so many years of frustration!
>
> Through the Marino era, where we never had a
> bonafide RB or DEFENCE!....a bloody waste..plain
> and simple!
>
> To the years since Marino's retirement....no
> bonafide QB while Rickey was running wild and
> clueless management and coaches!
>
> As a fan, it's so damn frustrating, because EVEN
> now with the sol called genius of Parcell's,
> Ireland and the gang...we don't have a bonafide
> WR, QB or DB? Seeing the Jets plod along at 3-0
> with a rookie QB, makes me jealous and upset...
>
> When is the tide going to turn in our favour and
> not just for 1 year....I want successful seasons
> year after year ala NE, San Fran, Dallas, Denver
> and Pittsburgh. We haven't had that for almost 40
> years!
>
> I'm not giving up, but this losing atmosphere is
> just so frustrating and I question whether
> Parcells' entourage truly has the answers?

Maybe the Williams sisters might have some answers....or Marc Anthony and J-LO LOL. This team has really become a circus if you ask me. I used to live in South Florida and can tell you there is not much support for the Phins there since everyone is from somewhere else. Also there is soooooo much to do there from boating to partying...to scuba etc that going to the game becomes an afterthought. Oh well.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 28, 2009 06:39AM

You don't win games in the NFL with 9 minute FG drives.

They need to start taking some chances and throwing downfield.

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: September 28, 2009 08:25AM

i have no doubt the Jets success and Sanchez-mania will hit the wall. By comparing rosters, you can see they have more talent than us. (talented LBs, secondary, D-line, O-line) now with an over achieving rookie qb, he's making their WRs and running backs look better than what they are. One message for Jets fans: enjoy it while it lasts.

At the very least i predict a wild card birth; maybe even making it to the second round of the play offs this year. Year 2 they regress not making the playoffs (due to harder schedule) and by the end of year 3 they go with a new qb because NY media has chewed up and spit out the kid from Southern Cal labeled as savior. By the 4th year for he's just another Kellen Clemons, warming the bench for the "next guy".

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 28, 2009 12:59PM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> You don't win games in the NFL with 9 minute FG
> drives.
>

RESPONSE: Well, you can if you have Bob Griese at quarterback, Jim Kiick, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris, Paul Warfield, Jim Langer at Center, Bob Kuchenberg and Larry Little at Guards, Wayne Moore at Tackle, Jim Mandich at Tight End, etc........

.....and oh, on Defense if you have the No-name defense.

Yeah, on offense for the last two weeks we have been reminiscient of that team without the defense. If we had their defense, it wouldn't matter (as it did not then) how long our drives were and that they only resulted in field goals.

Date: September 28, 2009 01:02PM

LOL A WILDCARD BIRTH LMAO. Denial, look man lets be realistic, there is now way in hell we even come close to the play offs this year. 0-5 then hit the BYE week, just to go 0-6. We wont win untill we play Tampa, or Jax which ever comes first.

Date: September 28, 2009 02:27PM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> LOL A WILDCARD BIRTH LMAO. Denial, look man lets
> be realistic, there is now way in hell we even
> come close to the play offs this year. 0-5 then
> hit the BYE week, just to go 0-6. We wont win
> untill we play Tampa, or Jax which ever comes
> first.

+1 could not agree more

Date: September 28, 2009 03:32PM

Thanks buddy ill drink to that!smileys with beer

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 29, 2009 08:20AM

Awwwww.....new BFF's....HOW SWEET!!!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: September 29, 2009 10:00AM

Why you being such a dick today? That's two post now, that im reporting from you. Again totaly uncalled for.

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: September 29, 2009 01:22PM

you misunderstood me. i predicted the Jets, at the very least, make a wild card bid this year. then, as i thought i made clear in the thread, competition will catch up with them (much like it has with us) and Sanchez will end up just another bum warming the bench in NY (due to the team's impatience)

i suggest you go back and read it again

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.