HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The more i think about it.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The more i think about it.
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 16, 2009 07:02AM

The the more i think about it, it just makes more sense to go into our bye week, 3/2. I'm pretty certain that the Colts will beat us, There just going to do what the Falcons did, with about the same type of team. However, i think that we go to SD, with again another hurt Tomlinson, and beat them yet again striking our first win, then go home to pound the ball agaisnt the Bills, and the Jets to head into our Bye 3, and 2. From there we should loose our first game to the Pats, there just going to throw all day against us, and we should win the rest of the games. Well we prob going to loose twice versus the Pats, so 12.4 not a bad record though. I mean its pretty obivous that all you have to do to beat us is just blitz alot, and we cant stop it, and as a result loose. It's not like Henn is going to change the play book. I mean yeah we could, and prob will make adjustments, but the "kool-aid" is starting to dry up. Sparano made us all drink it, but i DONT LIKE HENN'S play calling at all. It will be hard to win, but we have the rb's capable. None the less its going to be a interesting year. We should blitz alot too, i dont like that we got all this pass rush talent, and we dont utilize it enough.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2009 07:11AM by MiamiThunder.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The more i think about it.
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 16, 2009 07:26AM

> Thunder - From there we should loose our first game to the Pats, there just going to throw all day against us, and we should win the rest of the games.

Can't go with your analysis that we just win everything after when you have PIT, TEN etc in that mix. We are going to have to improve to beat the JETS, CAR, TEN and even BUF base don how they played and we played last week.

DAY DATE OPPONENT TIME/SCORE TV TICKETS
Sun Sep 13 at Atlanta Falcons L 7-19 Game Summary NFL Gamebook
Mon Sep 21 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 8:30 PM CBS Get Tickets!
Sun Sep 27 at San Diego Chargers 4:15 PM CBS Get Tickets!
Sun Oct 4 BUFFALO BILLS 4:05 PM CBS Get Tickets!
Mon Oct 12 NEW YORK JETS 8:30 PM CBS Get Tickets!
Sun Oct 18 ** BYE WEEK **
Sun Oct 25 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS 4:15 PM FOX Get Tickets!
Sun Nov 1 at New York Jets 1:00 PM CBS Get Tickets!
Sun Nov 8 at New England Patriots 1:00 PM CBS Get Tickets!
Sun Nov 15 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS 1:00 PM FOX Get Tickets!
Thu Nov 19 at Carolina Panthers 8:20 PM NFLN Get Tickets!
Sun Nov 29 at Buffalo Bills 1:00 PM CBS Get Tickets!
Sun Dec 6 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 8:20 PM CBS Get Tickets!
Sun Dec 13 at Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 PM CBS Get Tickets!
Sun Dec 20 at Tennessee Titans 1:00 PM CBS Get Tickets!
Sun Dec 27 HOUSTON TEXANS 1:00 PM CBS Get Tickets!
Sun Jan 3 PITTSBURGH STEEELRS 1:00 PM CBS Get Tickets!

Date: September 16, 2009 08:06AM

I'm just pointing out how i feel, Pittsburg shouldnt play there starters the last week. We match up extremely well against Ten, Hou will have Shaub issues, Carolina is done. I'm not worried about the Bills, or the Jets. The Saints will prob beat us, so ill give em that, stupid Brees. But then again, we will have two weeks to prepare for them, and be rested, so we could win, if we get alot of pressure on Brees. Buc's and Jags are nothing special.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2009 08:07AM by MiamiThunder.

Date: September 16, 2009 08:09AM

And of corse all of this is in regard, that our o-line starts to play liked its paid.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 16, 2009 08:53AM

We gotta take it one game at a time.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 16, 2009 09:06AM

The team has to take it 1 game at a time. Fans can speculate about week 4 in 2057 if they want.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 16, 2009 12:01PM

Is that rookie or 1st year game at a time. Okay Okay I will will stop with those poor jokes.

Thunder I heard 14-2 from you first. I am holding you to that. After week ones performance(resisting the bad joke here.), I am not very optimistic and "the more I think about it" we will be drafting pretty early next year. Hopefully I am wrong and it was nothing more than a slipped fart, but the offensive line just doesn't seem to have what I was hoping for at this point.

It would be a real shame for Taylor to rejoin the team only to return to its losing ways. This next game should really tell us a lot about our team. With the difficulty of our schedule, we cannot afford a 0-2 start.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 16, 2009 01:54PM

I think we beat Buffalo TWICE, Jets once, TB, Carolina, Jax.....AND

Out of Pitt, Hous, and Tenn we will take 2 cause 1 or 2 of those teams will be resting players probably.

Miami has 8-8 written all over them. Strong front seven, shakey secondary. No playmakers on offense, OK quarterback play. Above average in some areas. Below average in others.

8-8 all they way. Either tied for 2nd or 3rd place in the AFC East depending on how Marc Sanchez does for the Jets

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 16, 2009 02:15PM

Um Tomlinson's not hurt...he looks good.

Date: September 16, 2009 04:09PM

Uh yes he is.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: September 17, 2009 05:19AM

LT is always hurt

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 17, 2009 06:44AM

Its early, and I'm not ready to crown PIT with a week off against the Fins yet.

1. Hated week 1 performance and expected a tighter game, but I'm over it. If we continue to play like that we'l see as historic a decline as we saw a rise this last year.

2. I choose to believe Tony will have the team ready to play more focused next week, and am cautiously optimistic that we'll see a better game.

3. I also expect that the Colts will play much better than they did last week. you won't see many off-weeks for Peyton.

- Thus to win, the defense must play better than (what I thought was a pretty decent performance) last week

- The offense must be markedly better and flawless in the turnover area.

- Good play and a more focused team playing for a bit of pride is what I'm expecting. Add in a measure of the ball bouncing our way vs. against us last week, and we may find a win.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.