HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The Pat White experiment
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Pat White experiment
Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 14, 2009 01:44AM

I have no idea what the remainder of the season will bring. But so far, the Pat White experiment is having a detrimental, not positive effect on our offense.

I don't like the fact that Henne is inactive, for one thing. I think that he could have been put in the game as a relief pitcher for Penny, but that option was out.

Secondly, I think White's plays were just a distraction. Penny needed to get into a rhythm, especially with so many turnovers, and imo it was asinine to take him out when he was working on a good drive, to stick in White who overthrows Ted Ginn by a mile. I think it was an unnecessary interruption, and it killed the drive. Sure, you can say, but if the plays designed for Pat work, then it's worth it. But the reverse is also true, if they don't work, you've thrown away a chance to score. So...if you're going to use White sparingly like this, sprinkled in our regular plays, then IT BETTER FREAKING WORK. No ifs ands or butts.

sad smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Pat White experiment
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 14, 2009 05:04AM

LOL Man that White pass play, was beautiful in design,too bad he has to much of a cannon, give it time though keep going with it, and he will hit that long td, Ginn was WIDE OPEN!!! and no dought would have scored.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: September 14, 2009 08:21AM

Agreed.

It was worth the risk. I worked to some extent.

I didn't like having White run behind Ronnie as a lead block. You gotta let him find his own spot.

Let him run the Wildcat where he chooses what to do based on what he sees not what the OC calls before the Defence lines up.

Date: September 14, 2009 08:56AM

They got ALOT of options to use White, some will work, and some will fail, just get him consistant, and over time we will figure out what works, and what doesnt. It doesnt happen over night.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 14, 2009 10:53AM

I think it makes us a laughingstock of the league. Im all for the occasional trick play and all. But this is a joke. This isnt' sandlot football its the NFL!!

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 14, 2009 11:40AM

Henne would have got killed if he got in the game.

Turnovers killed us, OL got beat. End of story

Date: September 14, 2009 11:42AM

Yeah, and if that long bomb was a connection for a td, Mike you would be chaging your tune.

Date: September 14, 2009 11:50AM

no I wouldn't.

Making Henne inactive is dumb too. I mean in a game like yesterday, in garbage time I want Henne seeing those snaps. Not Pennington.

The whole situation is messed up. Either move White to WR, give him a WR number so we can keep Henne active each week. Or just end this Pat White thing we got going on.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 14, 2009 11:59AM

Date: September 14, 2009 12:40PM

Thats right.

Im so sick of hearing about Henne.
Date: September 14, 2009 12:41PM

I dont think ANY other team in the nfl, has its fans screaming for there backup to start, drop it already, he is not comming in unless Pennington get's hurt. When it is his time to shine, he will be givin plenty of oppertunities. Grow up already! After one freaken game, and IT'S BRING IN HENNE WERE SCREWED. Jesusangry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 12:51PM by MiamiThunder.

Re: Im so sick of hearing about Henne.
Date: September 14, 2009 02:12PM

ESPN.com's front page has a mention of rumblings of St.Louis and Miami already thinking of switching QB's. lol

They quote an article from the Palm Beach Post

Date: September 14, 2009 04:07PM

ya seriously when penny's done henne will have plenty of time to shine. I dont want 2 here about how wer're screwed it was one game get over it we'll bounce back next week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 04:08PM by chadpennington4ever.

Date: September 14, 2009 04:27PM

Too many if's. The pass wasn't complete, and none of Pat's other plays were productive either. Am I missing something?

And if the rule is that Henne can come in the 4th without an injury to the starter, then put him in, let him get some work. Also, you never know if it might spark something and he'd earn more playing time the next game.

I agree, it's like sandlot football and the Falcons fans are saying the wildcat is a joke. And we deserve that, because we threw in a skinny kid who ran a completely different offense in college that what we run, his first blush in the NFL, and expect him to score. That was a crucial drive. If we kept in Penny on that drive, I'm telling you we score. Then it's just a 3 point difference and a whole different ballgame.

Date: September 14, 2009 04:38PM

Not to mention Pat White's FIRST action should have been at HOME not on the road. At home its a safe atmosphere for him and less hostial.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: September 14, 2009 06:02PM

I agree.....we have relied on trickeration and have forgotten how to play offense otherwise.....when your offense is nothing but trick plays your done.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 14, 2009 06:26PM

I'm wondering if Dan Henning is taking lessons from Mike Mularkey.

Date: September 15, 2009 04:34AM

Well White popped his cherry. I havnt liked Henn play calling from the getco.

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: September 15, 2009 09:06AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:

>
> And having him listed as the #3 emergency QB
> doesn't preclude him from playing in "garbage
> time". Your # 3 cannot enter the game until the
> 4th quarter unless the other two are injured and
> unable to play.

This is not correct. The #3 QB can come into the game at any time. If he comes in anytime before the 4th qtr, then the #1 and #2 QBs can NOT come back into the game under any circumstances. However, if Henne didn't enter the game until the 4th QTR, then the #1 & #2 QBs are eligible to re-enter the game.

I personally agree with the decision to make Henne #3. It gives much more oster flexibility. If Chad P got hurt during the first 3 QTRs I am sure we will see Hene come in and play (depending on when it happens. If it was late in the 3rd QTR they may let White finish the QTR and have Henne start the 4th, but that would depend on other circumstances as well I'm sure)

Date: September 15, 2009 04:15PM

Now the TRUTH is coming out. WQAM is reporting Pat White fumbled 3 times in practice last Thursday and looked no where near ready for LIVE NFL action.

Seems to me they are playing him not beacuse he is ready, but they want to justify using a 2nd round pick on this guy who clearly isn't ready

Date: September 15, 2009 04:29PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 15, 2009 05:06PM

I'd LOVE to be eating a big, fat meal of Pennington crow next week. I'd love to see him throw 20 touchdowns in that game. If I could get a good performance from him, I will gladly endure all the taunts from the Pennington believers on this board.

Date: September 16, 2009 06:31AM

Well you put Pat White out there, thats how he gets ready. Win or loose, our team is going to succeed or fail.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 18, 2009 05:48AM

The Pat white experiment is almost over and out. They will probably give him maybe another chance and thats it. It is a fact that pat white is not accurate and he cannot throw deep.

Henne needs to be the second qb this week.

And if pennington is afraid to throw the ball again like he was in the first game, then put henne in.

Pennington is holding to the ball because he knows he does not have the arm to squeeze in those passes.

Whats the point of been the most accurate passer in the nfl if you do not pass.

Date: September 18, 2009 10:04AM

I have to dissagree with everything you just typed SamSam. In fact if your upset about the lack of passing, then blame Henn. Pat White has one hell of a arm, and will take time to get his pass's lookin pretty. When he completes one to Ginn, you will change your tune. Lol i love how everyone think's Henne is some savior, if he was that good he would be starting.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 18, 2009 11:10AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lol i love how everyone
> think's Henne is some savior, if he was that good
> he would be starting.

I don't think Henne is "some savior," but you're right that if he was that good he would be starting.

Similarly, I don't believe Pat White is some savior.

Date: September 18, 2009 11:42AM

JC Wrote:
> MiamiThunder Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Lol i love how everyone
> > think's Henne is some savior, if he was that
> good
> > he would be starting.
>
> I don't think Henne is "some savior," but you're
> right that if he was that good he would be
> starting.
>
> Similarly, I don't believe Pat White is some
> savior.

If penninton has a couple more poor games like this i think henne is in...

The ol has to play well also. They did not play well. With that been said pennington had a lot of snaps where he actually had time but chose not to pass and take the sack. I don't know is he is afraid of losing his ( most accurate passer trophy ) or like i said he felt like he couldnt make the throws because he doesnt have a strong enough arm.

Or maybe the falcons dbs are that good.

It could be any of those things.

The least likely of course would be the one about him been afraid to lose his most accurate passer trophy. I m just realeasing some frustation.

Date: September 18, 2009 11:43AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> I have to dissagree with everything you just typed
> SamSam.

Who cares. I do not agree with any of the crap you post either.

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: September 18, 2009 12:17PM

Having Henne as the #3 was the right decision. And White can absolutely throw deep, did you guys see the pass to Ginn? He's got plenty of arm for the deep ball, more than Pennington. Once him and Ginn get on the same page and they complete that pass... wow.

As for being accurate... White completed something like 68% of his passes in college, he's never had a problem with accuracy. He's just got to get used to NFL "game speed." He'll be fine, IMO.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 18, 2009 04:18PM

It amazes me how many people want to ditch White after he misses his first throw in the NFL! Good thing Troy Aikman didn't play here. You guys would be calling for his head!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.