HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          JAKE LONG
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
JAKE LONG
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 13, 2009 09:39AM

Looks horrible--2 highlight plays they will be showing where Abraham makes Long look stoopid. No excuse for the # 1 overall pick in the draft to look that bad. Between him and Ryan today it is looking like we made the wrong pick last year (hindsight 20-20 of course)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JAKE LONG
Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 13, 2009 09:44AM

He's not looking good today.

Date: September 13, 2009 09:47AM

In fact he's looking absolutely terrible.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 13, 2009 09:48AM

another sack with long on the ground. wasn't this the guy who only gave up on sack in college? I think this is 3 today that can be pinned on him

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 13, 2009 10:04AM

horrible game today for Jake

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 13, 2009 11:15AM

Oh come on, Folks. This is a ROOKIE playing against one of the best in the league.

First round draft pick or not.

Yet, you all excuse Chad Pennington for a silly fumble and an inexcusable interception.

Can you say CHAD HENNE?????????????

Date: September 13, 2009 11:16AM

I wasn't aware that Jake Long was a rookie.

Date: September 13, 2009 11:19AM

Ooops. Lost a year. 1st year player.

Date: September 13, 2009 11:21AM

I wasn't aware that he was a first year player, either.

Date: September 13, 2009 11:34AM

Jake was drafted in the Spring of 2008.

The 2008 season was his rookie season.

The 2009 season is his first (non-rookie) year.

Date: September 13, 2009 11:35AM

I wasn't aware that a player's rookie year doesn't count as a year.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 13, 2009 11:35AM

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 13, 2009 11:46AM

Does it matter, trust me if Henne was in that game, he would have thrown an ease 2 ,3 Ints, our o-line is garbage untill proven otherwise. period, they better "gel, and gel fast. But in all honestly, Fasano lost us the game, with thoughs two fumbles, which both drives, where looking as if we where about to score td's, if he wouldnt fumbled, then we prob would have won 21, 19. I dont think i can forgive Fasano, untill he wins a game for us. Haynos looked good though.

Date: September 13, 2009 11:49AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Jake was drafted in the Spring of 2008.
> >
> > The 2008 season was his rookie season.
> >
> > The 2009 season is his first (non-rookie) year.
>
>
> That makes him a SECOND year player.

RESPONSE: I have always heard them referred to a first year player in their first non-rookie year.

Date: September 13, 2009 11:57AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> Does it matter, trust me if Henne was in that
> game, he would have thrown an ease 2 ,3 Ints, our
> o-line is garbage untill proven otherwise.

RESPONSE: I'm afraid that you can't make football and democracy where every man is born equal and should be treated equally.

Football is more like a monarchy where birth and breeding counts.

Pennington from Marshall simply does not have Henne's pedigree from Michigan. Besides, anybody who has seen the two pass can tell that Henne is far superior.

Whoever said (somewhere in the posts today) that Marino would have suffered the same fate as Pennington today needs to share with me what he is smoking.

Pennington simply does not have the talent to overcome moderate defensive pressure.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 13, 2009 12:40PM

Uh, Randy Moss went to Marshall. Flacco went to Delaware. Brian Griese went to Michigan.
Bad logic.

As far as Jake Long goes,get off him. He's a second year guy who had a bad game against a perennial pro bowler. He'll learn from it and get better.

The whole team played bad today except for the D front 7. Penny, Fasano, the secondary, Pat White (nerves), even Soprano. His use of the clock in the last 5 mins. was questionable.

We're looking at 8-8 or 9-7 this year. Slight dip from last year's record, but I like to call it "record adjustment". We were 1-15 two years ago and it shows.

Date: September 13, 2009 12:44PM

Uh, Randy Moss went to Marshall. Flacco went to Delaware. Brian Griese went to Michigan.
Bad logic.

RESPONSE: Not bad logic but just proof that there are exceptions to every rule.

But for the most part...............................

Date: September 13, 2009 12:49PM

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 13, 2009 01:16PM

1. First year players are rookies. 2nd year players are 2nd year players. You have never heard anything different. You are just wrong.

2. Jake Long sucked today. Sucked bad. Really bad. He doesn't deserve the money he makes. He is supposed to dominate ordinary players and, at least, negate great ones. He played like a guy that gets cut in the preseason.

3. Vernon Carey is as slow physically as he seems mentally in interviews. He doesn't deserve the money either.

4. Pennington, at this point, is still a better player than Henne. No quarterback could have been successful with the offensive line sucking the way they did.

5. Fasano sucked today. Even on the called back touchdown, he fumbled the ball after reaching over the goaline. I know that would still be a touchdown, but why leave it to chance. Hold onto the ffffffn football. He must feel like hell because I sure do. Thanks to him.

6. I sure wish we would have signed Drew Brees on one of the two opportunities we had. 6 touchdowns. I never had a shot at him in my fantasy league.

7. What is all the crap I hear about Merling not living up to expectations. He was the best Dolphin on the field today.

8. Ricky Williams wasn't bad either.

9. Fire Bonamego. You should have fired him last year.

10. I haven't been this pissed and let down since the Arizona game last year. The cup seemed way less than half full, but we must have just started pouring. Today I feel as if we spilled the glass. Oh well. No use crying over spilled milk.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 13, 2009 02:26PM

Jake hasn't PLAYED a second year yet. He played one rookie year. One year. I believe that was the point the previous poster was making before all these ridiculous word games started.

Having said that, he had a terrible game and should be playing better. He has to improve his play.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 13, 2009 02:36PM

When the entire O-Line plays well, the fault goes to the center. He's the leader of that group. He's the one that calls the blocking schemes. I remember how bad our O-Line looked when we had Seth McKinney. With most of the same players we were a different line with Tim Ruddy. Ruddy wasn't a Pro-Bowler, but he knew how to lead the line and call the right schemes.

I'm not really sure if Satele would have done any better, but I think the most overpaid player on the line is Grove.

Date: September 13, 2009 02:49PM

I'd like someone with tape to break down the line for us. If anyone has taped the game and has time, feel free.

Grove (aka the 30 million dollar man) should be leading our line in performance. Jake should be playing better, he embarrassed himself out there today, and fat ass Vernon Carey had better start earning his salary. He went from left guard to right guard, wants more and more money, and if he isn't careful will be out the door. We can pick up a right guard in the draft or free agency who can whiff on blocks just as well as Vernon can.

I'm sick of it and I don't see how Sparano, a former O line coach, puts up with it.

Date: September 13, 2009 03:05PM

DolphinSam Wrote:
> fat ass Vernon Carey had better start
> earning his salary. He went from left guard to
> right guard, wants more and more money, and if he
> isn't careful will be out the door. We can pick
> up a right guard in the draft or free agency who
> can whiff on blocks just as well as Vernon can.
>
Carey plays Tackle, not Guard. How did Thomas and Smiley do? Both are coming off injury from last year. Wondering if neither is 100%?

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 13, 2009 03:51PM

I didn't notice them much, but I saw Smiley completely wiff one time.

Date: September 13, 2009 04:09PM

I meant Tackle, not Guard.

And since the pocket collapsed all day, and our running backs were stuffed, I would say the whole line as a unit sucked. I have never seen Penny terrorized like he was today.

Date: September 13, 2009 04:11PM

DolphinSam Wrote:
> And since the pocket collapsed all day, and our
> running backs were stuffed, I would say the whole
> line as a unit sucked. I have never seen Penny
> terrorized like he was today.

That's what we get for signing the Raiders' hand-me-downs. We REALLY should have drafted a Center instead of Pat White!

Date: September 13, 2009 04:18PM

Don't even get me started on Pat White. He shouldn't have been out there. He screwed up the one good drive Penny was putting together with no turnovers, by overthrowing Ted Ginn by a mile. Maybe he was aiming for Bill Parcell's golf cart again.

Date: September 13, 2009 04:55PM

Jonathan Twilley Wrote:
> 1. First year players are rookies. 2nd year
> players are 2nd year players. You have never
> heard anything different. You are just wrong.

RESPONSE: Here is a reference from an MLB posting. Just because YOU have not heard something, does not make it non-existent.

Cardinals first-year players and rookies - 2009 forecast
February 9th, 2009 • Category: Brendan Ryan, Brett Wallace, Brian Barden, Bryan Anderson, Colby Rasmus, David Freese, Francisco Samuel, Ian Ostlund, Joe Thurston, Jon Jay, Matt Scherer, Mike Sillman, Tyler Greene • Tagged as Brendan Ryan, Brett Wallace, Brian Barden, bryan anderson, Colby Rasmus, David Freese, Francisco Samuel, Ian Ostlund, joe thurston, Jon Jay, Matt Scherer, Mike Sillman, rookies, St. Louis Cardinals, Tyler Greene

Earlier, in the first article of this series, I broke down the 11 first-year players that debuted with the 2008 St. Louis Cardinals. In part two, I reviewed past first-year players and rookies each season.......

Date: September 13, 2009 05:25PM

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 13, 2009 05:56PM

LOL. You know in the past i would REALY BE PISSED about today, then i realized what happend last year.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.