Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sign the only bright light on our special teams last year!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Sign the only bright light on our special teams last year!
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 13, 2023 04:42PM

I hope I'm wrong, but I haven't heard anything about us re-signing the only high spot on our special teams last year- punter Thomas Morstead. This guy is a weapon! He is, and has been for some years, one of the best punters in the league. Mike Westhoff, one of the best special teams coordinators in league history (he was Shula's special teams coordinator and he worked with Morstead in New Orleans), is very complimentary of Morstead in his recent book. Also, if you watched the Dolphins this year, you know how much of a weapon this guy is. We won the field position battle most of the time because of Morstead's directional and deep kicking game. We need him!
Rick

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sign the only bright light on our special teams last year!
Date: March 13, 2023 06:14PM

I agree. He always got us decent field positions and always had healthy kicks. The rest of STs needs a serious overhaul.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 17, 2023 01:40PM

I just read that Morstead is going to the damned Jets. We got a kid from the Patriots. It makes no sense to me that punters are moving around the AFC East, but I don't see how we made out better with the moves. We've got no idea what we got in this kid Bailey, but we know what we had in Morstead, a damn fine punter. After the last two mediocre punters, we finally got one who got us into advantageous field positions often, unlike those last two. So, for some inexplicable reason, we let go a known excellent punter for an unknown quantity. Some things Greer does I just don't get at all.

....(edit)Uh, I just read up on the kid Bailey. He sounds like he could be an adequate replacement. We'll see.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2023 01:47PM by dolphan4545.

Date: March 17, 2023 02:11PM

From what I'm reading losing Morstead was only becuase the Pats punter, a pro bowler was available. The Dolphins snatched him up.

He was suspended last season for some unknown reason and he fell out of favor with Belichik. I'm sure they investigated it. He's a definite upgrade.

But we need a better FG kicker .that kid was seriously inconsistent.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 18, 2023 08:47AM

An injured Pro Bowler.
Yes, he supposedly was ready to play again, but he didn't play and was supposedly "suspended" for some unknown reason before being CUT! Belichick cut a Pro Bowl punter?! For what? Who knows, he hasn't said. As far as I'm concerned, it just reinforces my opinion that Bill is a lousy personnel man, and ALWAYS HAS BEEN!

I absolutely agree on the Sanders thing.

Rick

Date: March 18, 2023 03:04PM

I'm convinced Bill Belichik is behind the whole Flores lawsuit also.they were close friends. Both jerkoff POSs.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.