Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins made a bigger impact then you think this past season.......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins made a bigger impact then you think this past season.......
Date: February 19, 2023 07:22AM

Some people actually have us playing the Eagles next year in the Superbowl:

"Seth Walder, sports analytics writer: Dolphins over Eagles. When the Dolphins had Tua Tagovailoa on the field this season, they generated 0.13 expected points added per play — slightly better than the Bills did with Josh Allen on the field (0.12). Now they added Vic Fangio to fix a defense that already has some star power on it? Sign me up."

If the Dolphins’ key contributors can remain healthy in 2023, which is a big ask, there’s a chance that they can shock the world and bring a championship to South Florida."

Hype? maybe....but I'll take it after 20 yrs of being crapped on. Last season hurt at times but we shook teams to the core....especially the BILLS. Abovce anything else Miami has respect back.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins made a bigger impact then you think this past season.......
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: February 19, 2023 09:31AM

This past season some of the talking heads had us in the SB right up to the San Fran game when the wheels came off. Every team wins the off-season but, when the dust settles in late December it's always the same suspects there making the deep play-off runs.
At this point Miami is not going to make a big splash in the draft and really can't afford to do much in free agency so, where are we going to get the depth that we so desperately need? We have a lot of free agents that need to be resigned or replaced, our part-time QB is going to want to get paid, Wilkins deserves to get paid.
I have a feeling that Fangio is going to demand a lot of the resources on defense so, who do we replace Gesiki with? Who do we get to back up Tua? Always so many questions and nothing better than Grier making the calls.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: February 19, 2023 09:46AM

Some fans will be positive some negative.thats part of been a fan.

The truth is this team is nothing without a healthy tua.

And IMHO he is one hit away from been in concussion protocol again.

We will now have to wait until 2024 to be able to draft in the first round.

But knowing how good our front office is they will probably trade it for the next injured over the hill bust.

Im not changing teams. Ever. But the life of a phin fan hasn't been easy for the last 40 years or so.

Wait till September and you will see the same dolphins chapter develop once again just like last year and the year beforehand and so on.

Date: February 19, 2023 11:49AM

"Wait till September and you will see the same dolphins chapter develop once again just like last year"

That's what we are hoping!!!....... with a shutdown defense, improved Oline , and run game with game management lessons learned by our sophomore coach.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 20, 2023 06:29AM

I didn't mean it like that.but I like that you are positive about the dolphins. Last year it was a Rollercoaster of emotions. And I hope you are correct.

But every year beforehand s
The season starts I feel like something bad is going to happen. That's how I feel.

Again I like that someone is positive and sees it another way.

Go phins.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 20, 2023 07:06AM

I don't think you can bank on luck...and to some extent, you create your own luck.

But, I read somewhere just a couple days ago that the Chiefs & Eagles were #1 & #2 in the league in terms of health (i.e. not losing players to injury).

In addition, they both had some pretty significant things go their way besides health.

KC had the most rookie-played starts for a SB-winning team, and my guess is not many of us can name their 1st rounder(s) without looking it up. (they were also top 3 or so in terms of rookie-played games for a SB winner). I.e. they found and utilized a lot of young, cheap talent in 2022 on a team that has been in the last 5 AFC championship games, 3 SB's with 2 SB wins.

Philly paid James Bradberry & Hassan Reddick a fraction of their value as lower-cost veteran FAs relative to their production and contribution on the field. 2 of their highly-rated OL (Kelcy & Mailata) were 6th & 7th round picks, with Mailata having relatively recently ascended to high-level performance and Kelce had to be talked back into even playing this year.

We, on the other hand, were on the wrong side (in my opinion, by far) in terms of the # and significance of injuries. Traditionally, QB, CB, DE and OT are the most valuable positions, we lost pretty significantly across those key positions. And we were thankful, for instance, that Kader was a nice surprise as an UDFA in that he was serviceable as a replacement for Byron Jones...but nowhere near elite, of course. If we even move back to the median in terms of injury luck, we'll win more games and go deeper into the playoffs. If we find ourselves some KC/Philly-like luck with draft picks we do have and lower-cost FAs, then we're a lot more similar to them than dissimilar.

Date: February 20, 2023 07:47AM

Rgphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didn't mean it like that.but I like that you are
> positive about the dolphins. Last year it was a
> Rollercoaster of emotions. And I hope you are
> correct.
>
> But every year beforehand s
> The season starts I feel like something bad is
> going to happen. That's how I feel.
>
> Again I like that someone is positive and sees it
> another way.
>
> Go phins.

I hear you brother. I see it all the time with victims.....you get beat up for so long it's hard to see a Normal existence ever. It's been a long 20 or so yrs.

Here's the difference. This admin is different. We had a draft pick taken away, our owner was suspended. In the past this team would have folded. Instead we went ahead and had one of the best off seasons in decades. Questions? What are we gonna do with TUA? He's practicing how to fall without hitting his head by the world famous Gracie family. This team seems to identify our weaknesses , not hide them , and then try to fix them. Trading for Chubb mid season.....looking to fine tune.

Can't wait to see guys like Bridgewater released. I really see better decisions being made. We are primed for greatness. It's just been too long.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 20, 2023 08:08AM

If we can correct mistakes signings like with teddy then we are on to something.

We need upgrades..OL CORNER LB in
free agency.

Also like another poster said...luck and make at least to the second round of the playoffs next year.

Date: February 20, 2023 12:24PM

2nd round? We beat the Bills. Lost by a field goal 2 other times. When healthy we dominated and was a Top 3 team at one time in the NFL.

I'd be disappointed if we are not at least the AFC east Champs and in the AFC championship.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.