Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Miami Dolphins have big boy problems now.........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Miami Dolphins have big boy problems now.........
Date: February 05, 2023 05:40AM

5 Years ago we were a struggling team with no starting franchise QB , No direction. #30 on the power rankings. We had serious issues in every direction.

Now were are grown up a bit. Definitely a team you need to plan for .The Bills found that out the hard way. Our issues are ones that many of the better teams have....but usually occurs after a few playoff runs, maybe a superbowl. Not 1 playoff loss.

Dolphins currently projected at $12 million over the salary-cap limit. Miami does have some Big in-house decisions to make before free agency begins:

Some are easy..... $6.5 million for Teddy Bridgewater? LOL. That guy made More money then I made in a lifetime in a year for standing on the sidelines in a dumb hat and coming in games for a few quarters before hurting a finger. He gave us all the finger IMO.

Others like Raheem Mostert and Miker Giesiki are tougher becuase you know they are solid players. They will do well elsewhere. But Miami has Big boy problems now. We need to let go of good players to get under the cap and sign others an positions of greater need. Such as The Oline.

We are definitely a Team that has progressed and gotten so much better. But the cross roads is upon us. The Window is small for success.

Signing Terron Armstead and trading for Tyreek Hill...... It's also why they traded a first-round pick for Bradley Chubb and signed all three to deals worth a combined $305 million over the next five years. WHEW!!!!! Not to mention what guys like Waddle will cost us in the near future to resign.

We have big boy problems now. And I wouldnt mind it if we had a championship or two under our belts but 1 wildcard appearance isnt going to cut it.

The signing of Fagino is huge. He came here becuase he knows this is a winning unit. Ogbah and Wilkins are beasts. Great defenses win games. And with the offense we saw at times Miami can take both teams that are currently in the SB when healthy.

But that salary cap is the issue. We need to trim the fat and add seasoning to an already great steak.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Miami Dolphins have big boy problems now.........
Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: February 05, 2023 08:45AM

If ourcurrent players want to win the restructure their contracts. More signing bonuses that dont count against the salary cap and get within the cap.

Get it done keeping same players. All except bridgewaters please. Keep him as equipment manager or something.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 05, 2023 01:12PM

I agree that we have the kinds of problems with salary cap for which we would have liked to have seen more and deeper playoff appearances and runs. We definitely are a much more talented team than we have been in years - especially in terms of proven elite talent & legit near-term potential for elite.

That said, I have tried to figure out the salary cap maneuverings over the past few years, and I have to admit that teams' ability to build and keep a roster while fitting under the cap when it seems near impossible has been surprisingly difficult for me to fully understand. While that's been a bit frustrating when we were the ones with massive cap space and I had been hoping we'd benefit from others' cap hell, I do think there are good ways to keep talent and continue to build the roster in spite of it currently appearing as difficult as it does cap-wise. Just over 1/2 the league is currently over the cap in terms of overthecap's effective cap space, so we're not alone. But, I'm with you in wanting to have had more bang-to-date for bucks spent.

Date: February 05, 2023 02:11PM

I love the direction this team is going in. TUA is not perfect....but damn when he's good....he's F**king good.

Can this admin take the next important step and keep us under cap while getting us the missing pieces and retaining enough talent to get us a championship?

I think this is our most important off-season in the last 22 years.

We are an improved team. We are the best we have been in this century . The question this off season is not who will our QB will be........it's if the administration can get us better from this point.

Facing was a nice step. Now go attack that Oline!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 06, 2023 11:41AM

Tua Tagovailoa makes agent change.......Very interesting

"According to Liz Mullen of Sports Business Journal, Tua has made a change in agents. He previously was represented by Leigh Steinberg. Tua now will be represented by Ryan Williams and Austin Lyman of Athletes First."

I think this is really important becuase it gives you whats in the back of TUA's mind. He wants a New contract and and most likely a big one.

I'm down for it but it needs to be incentive ladden. He cant miss games every 3-4 and get paid huge amounts.He needs to stay healthy and I hope any type of extention shows that.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.