HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Quarterbacking look familiar to you?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Quarterbacking look familiar to you?
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 15, 2023 01:12PM

It should have. Skylar Thompson looked like a rookie, no question. However, to me he looked a LOT like Tua last year- he didn't trust his talented players, so he held the ball too long on some plays, and he frustrated me by having plenty of time on some plays but pulling it down and then not getting the ball to where it needed to go. Too many times, his receivers broke open or were open just enough to make a play, but he reprised what Tua did last year by expecting guys to be college-open instead of pro football open and he missed some opportunities and just ran around back there until he either got sacked or had to throw the ball away.
No, he didn't get much help, there were far too many dropped passes but the blocking was not too bad, he had enough time most times.
The defense played pretty well most of the game, but when we needed a tackle we didn't get it. Special teams were special again.
Mike McDaniel made a few poor (spelled 'rookie') calls and he didn't get the plays into the game fast enough so that we gave up too many timeouts to avoid penalties, plus we had too many pre-snap penalties.
I AM STILL PROUD OF THIS FOOTBALL TEAM.
Also, I am proud that I bought Zack Seiler's jersey the day after his debut against Cincinnati in 2019. He is one hell of a player, and it was immediately obvious.
This year wasn't our year, with a rookie head coach and a vast amount of injuries all year long.
Look out for us next year, because a really smart coach-which ours IS- will learn from the trials and tribulations of this turbulent year.
I believe that next year WILL BE our year, so stay tuned.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Quarterbacking look familiar to you?
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 15, 2023 02:25PM

2nd everything u said here and freakin love Seiler. That dude's just a gamer...always seems to be in the right place, super high motor, clearly gives everything he has.

Re: Quarterbacking look familiar to you?
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 16, 2023 05:16PM

Can't go into 2023 with Tua as the only option. Have to get someone that can step in or battle him for the spot. Not sure Thompson is the guy

Minshew, Heineke, Carr

Draft

Hendon Hooker
Max Duggan
Stetson Bennett

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.