HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tua
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tua
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 11, 2023 12:11PM

Tua has been ruled out for Bills game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tua
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 11, 2023 01:34PM

That news was not unexpected. The off-season will be interesting again.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 11, 2023 02:59PM

We're never going to go very far with a part-time QB. Making it to the post season and getting creamed in the first round is not a success story.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 12, 2023 01:59AM

Hooligan2 I suspect, that whoever we put out there to QB the team will fail against the Bills. Aside from mounting a couple of field goals, we will be out scored by 3, maybe 4 TDs. Out D will be exhausted by the end of the 3rd Quarter. I can envision that happening. sad smiley

Date: January 12, 2023 08:21AM

Derek Carr should be brought in as competition for Tua if not outright replacement. The Raiders would like to trade him but, will release him if no trade partner can be found. It's time to start looking ahead and not get caught flat footed if Tua tries to return next season and invariably gets hurt again.

Date: January 13, 2023 06:00AM

No doubt the NFL kept him out. Can you imagine the optics if TUA got hurt permanently in front of a National audience a week after a player had a heart attack on MNF!? The NFL wouldn't recover from the negative press.

Moving on.....I think Tyler can play but the oline needs to step up. He was more successful in training camp becuase the speed was slower against 3rd stringers.

Takes a bit to get used to NFL defense starters speed.

I thought he should have been our 2nd stringer over Teddy. That guy is just here for another quick paycheck.

Thompson will be playing his heart out Sunday I can garantee that. I just hope the Oline gets the message.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: January 13, 2023 10:25AM

Maybe this is exactly what he needed. He either stinks the whole game or the future miami dolphins star qb develops before our very own eyes.

Trully i wish he had 4 or 5 regular season games played. I think he needs an entire offseason and reseason games to be polished. But stranger things happened with the 9ers purdy. He is a 7th rounder as well.

If oline plays well we always have a

I just want a competitive game. Til end. No matter what happens. We will see.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 13, 2023 11:03AM

Reading "if the oline plays well we always have a" reminds me of a time 30 years ago when a girl friend of mine came to our house stoned on pot. My mother happened to have made some brownies or cookies or something. She spent a bit of time, had a couple of the baked items and headed out. As she was leaving, I remember her calling out in a relatively loud voice so my mother could hear her from the kitchen as she was out the front door "Good-bye Mrs. Stamper, thank you so much for the..." And with that still-stoned-out-of-her-mind unfinished sentence, she left. My mother was gracious enough not to say anything but gave me the look that communicated "oh, I know that girl was baked before she took the first bite of one of my cookies" :-)

Not trying to be the grammar police or poke fun - just brought up a good memory!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:00AM

But everytime the oline plays well we have a chance.

Date: January 14, 2023 12:18PM

Agreed 100%

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 15, 2023 01:14PM

Colonel, I'm surprised at you.

Rick

Date: January 15, 2023 01:21PM

Teddy was totally useless. He won't be back next year, but Skylar will be. If he learns the speed of playoff games, much less the speed of regular season games, he's going to be the backup next year, and probably more. Tua is, as EVERYBODY knows, injury-prone and not to be depended on. I guess we'll just have to see what happens. Maybe Lamar?

Rick

Date: January 15, 2023 01:22PM

You got it!

Rick

Date: January 26, 2023 09:22AM

Tua's parents just publicly proclaimed Tua will be back playing next year for the Phins. They gave a decent amount of additional commentary supporting that perspective. Certainly things can always change, but as of now they were clear in communicating that.

I've had the privilege of working closely with a handful of Samoans in a way that allowed me to see how their culture and values shape their worldview and decision-making. The ones I've known closely have put an extraordinary level of value on family and especially respect for parents. If Tua's parents said it publicly, it likely means Tua and his parents - and even his new wife having been grafted into the family - are very much on the same page. The way they speak is nearly exactly how my Samoan friends spoke and their decisions and behaviors matched.

Whether you think it's best for him or best for the team, I'd say this removes almost all doubt in my mind (barring something happening in the future that changes the equation) that Tua will be back with the team in 2023, and that he's hoping to play as QB1.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2023 09:41AM by tsstamper.

Date: January 26, 2023 04:03PM

Here's my honest take. I wasn't for drafting a QB with surgically repaired hip socket and numerous other injuries at #5 overall in the draft.

That said , I was rooting for him because he's our QB and we had so much invested in him. This year, partly because of the signing of Tyreek Hill at times he astounded me. When healthy TUA can play with the best of them. I did not think he could play as well as he has this season. I was wrong about his abilities. Unfortunately he has also lived up to the unreliable Stigma he has had since his last college game.

I loved watching Thompson this past summer. He threw a few bombs to Waddle against the Bills that were just fantastic. He needs to get better at reading the field , he left so many people wide open but in his first playoff appearance he put up 31 points against a very good Bills defense.

Thompson has a tremendous ceiling and room to improve. But if I had to pick a healthy TUA against Thompson....I think TUA just has a little more magic going on. Thompson is more of a straight ahead QB. But he got injured as well.

Teddy is a useless washed up hack. Just seeing him on the sidelines in that stupid Santa hat with the pompom on the top makes me want to kick the TV in.He doesn't deserve to walk Ross's dogs and clean up crap after them.

If we can get TUA a fort Knox type Oline ....like Peyton Manning had after neck surgery with the Broncos. He's our guy.

BUT.........

Signing Brady to a one year deal could only help him.

1 year. We bolster the Oline we might actually get SB # 3.

TUA learns from a proven winner about reading a defense and getting rid of the ball . Game management, he could really hone his skills and get a full yr to put on some muscle and get healthy.

Thompson could learn as well. He could back up TUA or be worth a few nice picks to shore up that Oline. Turn that 7th rounder into 2-3 picks.Thats how you win championships.

It's worth thinking about. We have a few months.... just let that sink in. Tom Brady wouldn't be coming here to lose. And I know we all want the same thing.

Imagine the picture on Monday morning after the superbowl.....Dan Marino and Tom Brady holding the Trophy together.

Could happen.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2023 04:12PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: January 27, 2023 09:43AM

I've been a Certified Athletic Trainer for over 30 years...... I have never heard of an athlete still in concussion protocol a month after the incident. Remember he was never diagnosed with a concussion according to reports. In order to be in the protocol you still have to have some sign associated with a concussion..... headache, sensitivity to light, slower motor function test, etc.... something does not seem right here. I guess time will tell.

A few other points.... it seems like (SF is the example) that you must get a system that works with the QBs skill set, not try to fit a QB into your system. Mr. Irrelevant proves that. QB play is all about the fit in the system!!!!!!!! Average QBs can look really good if the Coach understands this basic point.

As for what to do with Tua next year.... I would not count on him.... take Brady for a few years... trade him for Dak (don't like him either but at least he is not made of glass), draft the QB from BYU or washington state, both have great arm strength and are durable. Stay with our third stringer, he is not bad. I really have no idea what to do....

Date: January 27, 2023 02:06PM

TUA is not playing another down this season. NFL cant take the bad press if he wakes up in a coma (god forbid) . Hes going to chill until training camp.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2023 03:28AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: January 28, 2023 01:23PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's my honest take. I wasn't for drafting a QB
> with surgically repaired hip socket and numerous
> other injuries at #5 overall in the draft.
>
> That said , I was rooting for him because he's our
> QB and we had so much invested in him. This year,
> partly because of the signing of Tyreek Hill at
> times he astounded me. When healthy TUA can play
> with the best of them. I did not think he could
> play as well as he has this season. I was wrong
> about his abilities. Unfortunately he has also
> lived up to the unreliable Stigma he has had since
> his last college game.
>
> I loved watching Thompson this past summer. He
> threw a few bombs to Waddle against the Bills that
> were just fantastic. He needs to get better at
> reading the field , he left so many people wide
> open but in his first playoff appearance he put up
> 31 points against a very good Bills defense.
>
> Thompson has a tremendous ceiling and room to
> improve. But if I had to pick a healthy TUA
> against Thompson....I think TUA just has a little
> more magic going on. Thompson is more of a
> straight ahead QB. But he got injured as well.
>
> Teddy is a useless washed up hack. Just seeing him
> on the sidelines in that stupid Santa hat with the
> pompom on the top makes me want to kick the TV
> in.He doesn't deserve to walk Ross's dogs and
> clean up crap after them.
>
> If we can get TUA a fort Knox type Oline ....like
> Peyton Manning had after neck surgery with the
> Broncos. He's our guy.
>
>
> BUT.........
>
> Signing Brady to a one year deal could only help
> him.
>
> 1 year. We bolster the Oline we might actually get
> SB # 3.
>
> TUA learns from a proven winner about reading a
> defense and getting rid of the ball . Game
> management, he could really hone his skills and
> get a full yr to put on some muscle and get
> healthy.
>
> Thompson could learn as well. He could back up TUA
> or be worth a few nice picks to shore up that
> Oline. Turn that 7th rounder into 2-3 picks.Thats
> how you win championships.
>
> It's worth thinking about. We have a few
> months.... just let that sink in. Tom Brady
> wouldn't be coming here to lose. And I know we all
> want the same thing.
>
> Imagine the picture on Monday morning after the
> superbowl.....Dan Marino and Tom Brady holding the
> Trophy together.
>
>
> Could happen.......

Treasure. It would, in a way, be good for Tua to sit and (1) get healthier and (2) learn from the GOAT, but....

How is Miami going to pay Brady? The Fins are presently $16M over the cap. Sure, they can create cap space, but that would entail cutting quite a few players and also restructuring even more players' contracts. Can they do that? I'm not so sure.

Try to develop a better OLine. Most of it will be with the players the Fins presently have. Miami has no first round draft pick, and their second rounder is near the bottom of that round. They could get lucky, but that's not in Miami's forte (since Marino).

Tua is our guy and hopefully he stays healthy. Let him heal this offseason.

Date: January 28, 2023 02:58PM

Having Tua learn anything from Brady is a pipe dream. Brady has never shown any inclination to share his trade secrets with any underling during his career. One more thing to consider is that next season is Tua's final year on his rookie contract. The front office needs to decide if they want to extend him, sign him to a long-term contract, pick up his 5th year option or, move on. Best to let him play and see if he can make it through a season or, if he takes considerable time off. We absolutely can't contend with a part-time QB.

Date: January 29, 2023 11:13AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Having Tua learn anything from Brady is a pipe
> dream. Brady has never shown any inclination to
> share his trade secrets with any underling during
> his career. One more thing to consider is that
> next season is Tua's final year on his rookie
> contract. The front office needs to decide if they
> want to extend him, sign him to a long-term
> contract, pick up his 5th year option or, move on.
> Best to let him play and see if he can make it
> through a season or, if he takes considerable time
> off. We absolutely can't contend with a part-time
> QB.

Brady may not "teach" Tua, per say, but Tua can watch and learn. But, as I said, Brady won't be in Miami as the team can't afford him.

Next season, if Tua plays as well as he did this season AND.....stays healthy, he will get paid. In that scenario, I don't see Miami pursuing any other QB, except a backup. Tua has a good connection with the two speed demons.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 30, 2023 12:15PM

We're still talking about Brady? Sure, why not--it's the offseason.

I'll keep it simple: NO. He's a selfish, bratty, overpaid, walking turd.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.