HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jets v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jets v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 08, 2023 05:36AM

Here it is folks, week 18 and we face the Jets in a do or die situation to make the playoffs.

Thompson has been preparing all week and hopefully that will be enough to mount a scoring drive or two to outpoint the Jets with veteran QB Joe Flacco running the Jets offense. I've always liked Joe and think he is still formidable. It will be interesting to see how Joe fares against our pressure. He can still throw the long pass so he may try to take advantage of our below par secondary.

We need to run more and use Gesicki more too. The Jets will try and bump Waddle and Hill off their stride so it's up to them to get free and up to Thompson to hit them when they are open and not try to squeak it in between tight coverage. Thumbs up.

Go Dolphins.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jets v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Date: January 08, 2023 09:40AM

Three-Three.

Date: January 08, 2023 11:04AM

Dolphins win it--9-6. hot smiley

Date: January 08, 2023 11:17AM

11- 6 safety. We made it to the end zone finally......drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 08, 2023 12:02PM

Just saw a funny meme......Remember Coach T. Sprano?

Dolphins celebrating the win and the playoffs And Tony's fist pumping yelling field goal! Wish I could post it here.....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 08, 2023 03:52PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just saw a funny meme......Remember Coach T.
> Sprano?
>
> Dolphins celebrating the win and the playoffs And
> Tony's fist pumping yelling field goal! Wish I
> could post it here.....

Haha. Awesome. I’ll have to look that up. I’m picturing Tony Sparano is up in heaven right now saying “see? Field goals are to be celebrated!”

Date: January 08, 2023 04:18PM

So this is the second phins game I can recall where the final play was the dolphins scoring a safety. The other was the Cincy game a few years back when we actually won the game as the result of a safety at the end—that was on a Halloween.

I also seem to recall a game (hey old timers—help me out here!) where we TOOK a safety at the end of the game. Meaning we gave up the two points to run out the clock, as we had a lead of more than two points but less than six, with a few seconds remaining. And now we arrive at the reason why they call it a Safety (I suppose). It was fourth down deep in our own territory. We needed to punt from our own end zone. If the opponent blocks the punt and recovers in the EZ, they win. Instead, our punter takes the snap and runs towards the sideline within the end zone, getting pushed out of bounds just as the clock runs out. It was the mid to late 1970s and I believe the punter was Larry Seiple. DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE REMEMBER THIS GAME ???

Date: January 08, 2023 04:28PM

By the way, I was as frustrated as anyone with our offense today, but since we won the game I realized there were a few positives.

We actually ran the ball a little bit. Although Mostert ended up getting injured which sucked.
Skylar may have not lit things up but he DID NOT THROW AN INTERCEPTION. That turned out to be huge.
No lost fumbles I don’t think? The snap that whizzed past Skylar almost was tragic but he at least hustled back to fall on it.

Date: January 09, 2023 02:15AM

So--it's on to playing the Bills next Sunday.

Date: January 09, 2023 04:39AM

If TUA / Armstead is playing, We have already beat them once and just about beat them until the weather went south.

The Bills have our attention.

If Teddy plays see ya next season fellas it's been an interesting season.

I don't know who will be our QB next season. But Oline needs to addressed if we are to be successful and build on making the playoffs this season. Basically every player except for Armstead and Little are 2nd string depth.

We need to find a QB like San Frans Purdy . That's kids going places. He's the next big thing.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 09, 2023 12:33PM

I'm thinking you may have meant Armstead and Williams are the keeper starter material. I'd add Robert Hunt. He's no Armstead by any means, but he grades out well this season in a decent jump from his grades for his first 2 seasons. Ever since his crazy illegal reception vs. the Ravens last year, I've been secretly hoping they'd draw up a play for him this year :-)

I'd absolutely love it if they could upgrade LG and RT. That was supposed to be Jackson & Eichenberg as high picks on OL for those positions. Jackson has been bad, but I think I recall him playing a bit better when at LG between Armstead and Williams. Eichenberg is abysmal even with the advantage of having a couple good OL surrounding him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.