HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Shock!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Shock!
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 02, 2023 12:31PM

I am in complete shock that our Dolphins lost vs the Patriots....<sarcasm>. I expected it, although I was hoping they could pull it off. It's the same old story...depend on other teams but end up blowing the game they should have won. The Jets did their part, but Miami did not. Miami still has a shot at the playoffs, where they beat the Jets, but the Bills have to beat the Patriots. Even this scenario I don't have high hopes. However, even if they do get into the playoffs, anyone here have much hope?

Watching the game vs the Patriots, it was the same old story throughout the season (even when they were winning)....two steps forward and one step back. The penalties have killed the Fins; that has to be cleaned up during the off season. It was a matter of time before a pick-six would happen. Naturally, it came right after Miami was able to take a lead.

The offense can take the brunt of this loss, but our D didn't help (overall). Not one damn turnover. If Miami could have gotten at least one, the game may have turned out differently. Guys, think about it - our D has failed in the most inopportune times. Miami has a chance to either hold on to games or drive down to tie or win, and what happens? The opponent's offense drives down the field with long ass time to bring the clock down to almost nothing by the time Miami gets the ball back. This is constant!

I have not been excited while watching any football for many years now, mostly due to the Fins burning me out. I used to go crazy with good plays and winning. Now? Nothing! I just watch knowing they will do something stupid.

Well, the most positive thing I can say is that I was a fan when they were first born and had been through all the glory years. I thought for sure this year I would have seen a return to glory, but....not to be. Sad!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shock!
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 02, 2023 01:18PM

I hear you Captkoi. I'm 74 and at least I can say I saw them win two Superbowls and go to a couple more. What's going on now is beyond belief. We are stuck with a part-time QB that shows flashes and then gets hurt. We HAD 2 first round picks in the bank to be able to make a move and, the owner loses one while the GM squanders the other one on a "win now" strategy trade on a pass rusher that disappears in must win games.
A month and a half ago our record was 8-3, we had the division lead and were seriously thinking Superbowl. Even the talking heads were taking notice. Now we're 8-8 and the wheels have come off.
We will be rolling with Tua, Waddle and, Hill for another season and I see nothing to get excited about.

Re: Shock!
Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: January 02, 2023 03:55PM

The defense didnt lose the game. The offense coulnt score.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.