HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Patriots v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Patriots v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 01, 2023 05:52AM

Happy New Year everyone. Today, we can celebrate more with a big win over the Patriots. Bridgewater is slated to start and Bill B has been looking at his weaknesses to prevent him from having a decent day throwing the ball (I am sure of it).

If our Defense can stop the Patriots from getting 1st downs, the offense has a chance of winning. The use of the ground game is very important, IMO. If we can rush consistently, be more balanced than normal, passing lanes should be available for other WRs to get the ball and get some yardage. Bridgewater, needs to be cool with swing passes too.

Anyway, enjoy the game and the beginning of 2023.

Go Dolphins.

Colonel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Patriots v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 01, 2023 06:46AM

Our staffing issues aren't limited to the QB position.

Chubb, Armstead, and the X-man are all inactive. Yikes.

We can only hope that the Pats make more mistakes and fewer big plays than we do. Go Phins.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 01, 2023 07:10AM

Chubb, Armstead and, Howard? All big ticket items including our QB. This is not how successful teams approach the play-offs. Except for Tyreek, all of our highest paid players are on the sidelines.
The "win now" approach to this season has been a complete failure so far.

Date: January 01, 2023 07:37AM

I just heard about the missing players today. It sure doesn't look promising. Moreover, Bridgewater has never faced the Patriots in 77 NFL ball games--not sure that means anything in the big picture.

Defense is the key in this game, IMO. If we can stop drives so we get the ball more often...there's a chance.

Since I am thinking TEs, Gesicki needs to be traded for a TE that is bigger and can block. The game schemes have left him out of the offensive games this season. To me it's his lack of blocking that keeps him on the sidelines. The use of a FB this season was a good thing. Blocking skills are very important.

We need a big win.

Date: January 01, 2023 08:22AM

Absolute Horsesh!t officiating in favor of the patriots once again.

Tyreek Hill catches a pass on the sideline. Official review reveals he had one foot out of bounds.

On the patriots next possession, their receiver does the exact same thing. It took our red flag to get it reviewed, it was obvious that the second foot was way out of bounds. But since it's the Patriots, review goes in their favor.

As I type this, another ticky tack defensive holding call goes against us.

We already would have had a tough time winning this one just on personnel alone. With the refs reverting to their favoritism style from the Brady days, we don't stand a damn chance.

Date: January 01, 2023 10:22AM

SIGH.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 01, 2023 10:35AM

How to win in today's NFL:

Hit the qb as hard as you can. He will exit the game for concussion protocol, or be otherwise injured. No matter if it's a roughing the passer call--the penalty is a small price to pay to get the opponent's QB off the field.

By the way, I never saw the preseason games (not televised up here) so I never got to witness what the hype was about regarding Skylar. After his first two series, I still don't see it. But I'm rooting for him, of course.

My god this game is brutal.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 01, 2023 10:58AM

I turned the TV off with 4 minutes to go and Teddy Dishwater looking to come back in. Miami doesn't deserve to be in the play-offs this year. Too many penalties, crap defense and, nothing but eggshells in the QB room.

Date: January 01, 2023 11:03AM

As I type, the game is winding down. The Dolphins will lose.

Too many injuries, too many third stringers playing results in a typical let down and loss.

Tua, Brigdewater and Thompson--none capable for many reasons.

Another disappointing season is the bottom line.

JC you are already naming the QB and out scenario as the "Tua."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.