HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tua again in concussion protocol.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tua again in concussion protocol.
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 26, 2022 12:30PM

Hit is head on the turf during sack. Status doubtful for game at New England.
I'm sorry, you just cannot build a team around someone this fragile.

Teddy Bridgewater named to take 1st team snaps during practice.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2022 12:39PM by Hooligan2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tua again in concussion protocol.
Date: December 26, 2022 01:26PM

It makes sense why he went from hero to zero.......but this guy is just not cut out for the NFL.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 26, 2022 02:23PM

"this guy is just not cut out for the NFL." Treasure

Agree.

Many years ago I injured my thumb in judo class--thought it was broken--it wasn't. However, there was a weakness in that thumb and a few years later I broke it moving a heavy piece of lumber. It had been weakened. The fracture healed but...it's never been reliable since that time and I favored doing things that required grip with my other hand just to be safe. I've injured it 3 or 4 times since the break and been to the emergency room for X-rays each time. Each time, badly sprained. Too much info maybe but this is the same situation, Tua is in. He's had too many injuries, too often with little time in between subsequent injuries. Sorry to say, he's a nice guy but is not going to be around long to play in the NFL.

His lack of arms strength is another issue and plays into his capabilities (or limitations).

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 26, 2022 02:42PM

Well this might explain Tua's throws to the wrong-colored jerseys later in the game.

Yeah sit him out for the rest of the year, for safety's sake but PLEASE let us beat the Pats at the very least. Bridgewater starting just might be what forces us to turn to the running game. I hope it works.

Date: December 27, 2022 08:52AM

Off-season will be interesting for sure.

At one point the people that believed in him and supported him need to sit him down and tell him they love him more then the game, the money.

Retire T. I've got zero bad words for you. You have balls inside your balls.no o e ever doubted your heart. But physically this games not for you. Retire and walk off the field while you still can.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 27, 2022 09:24AM

I agree he needs to retire.

Date: December 28, 2022 05:28AM

Today the NFL Doc sees nothing in the game play that would have triggered concussion protocol. There is one play when the back of his head hits the ground. Could that be it?

Questions and opinions are all over the place. Some opine that is why Tua played crappy during the second half. I think not.

There's been a pattern for weeks now--play calling for one. Defense not adjusting, another, etc.

I think, no I am of the opinion that Tua will need to leave the game and the Dolphins will need to find a bigger/tougher (weight and height) QB that can hit our very good receivers and scramble when things fall apart. There is more to it than that, but you get the picture I am painting.

Unless the coaches prepare the team better and adjust to defensive moves our opponents bring, the Dolphins will lose the next two games. Will it be another dismal wrap up of the 2022 season?

Colonel

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 28, 2022 05:51AM

Season is over even if they squeeze by into the wildcard spot, not a playoff team by any stretch. I want to believe in this young man but the inconsistency leaves a major sour taste in my mouth.

Partly to blame is McDaniel, but he isn't throwing the ball for Tua either.

Last 3 games should have been W's, but this team loves to shoot itself in the foot.

Imagine for a second we had a real QB like Herbert, Burrows or even Hurts? Leaders and straight up winners. This team could be straight magic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2022 05:54AM by chatafkup.

Date: December 28, 2022 06:14AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Today the NFL Doc sees nothing in the game play
> that would have triggered concussion protocol.
> There is one play when the back of his head hits
> the ground. Could that be it?
>
>

It could be that play, but it doesn't explain why the rest of the world can see his head hit the ground but the NFL doctor cannot.

Date: December 28, 2022 06:30AM

Is it that he faked injury to save face because of 3 straight ints?

Personally i think he had another concusion. He is just too fragile for the nfl. And its a shame too. Because when he is healthy we can beat just about any team. I wish best in whatever he does.

Date: December 28, 2022 07:19AM

Noon update (12/28/22 at 12:18 pm): Our local TV just reported that McDaniel indicated that Tua did have a concussion. Apparently concussion symptoms came up the following day? Hmmm. Listening to McDaniel tests the listener on what the hell he is saying. From what I could tell, Tua only thinks about the day he is in. This is what McDaniel stated--can't make this up. Maybe there will be more information that makes sense, but don't expect McDaniel to articulate anything well. What a disappointment he is.

Date: December 28, 2022 07:27AM

Tua out vs pats.

No way in hell we win another game this year with bridgewater.

Date: December 28, 2022 07:47AM

The Dolphins are "up the creek" without a paddle again. It is a seasonal event. It can be counted on like the full moon each month. We hire a HC with no or limited experience and he hires his crew with limited experience too. We keep looking for a guy like Don Shula who understood the game, knew how to train players, knew what coaches were top notch and hired them and so on. Don Shula's are rare.

Why can't the Dolphins attract a reputable HC coach? Why do so few players grow and mature as Dolphins? Gesicki is a decent receiver but can't block worth a damn. Why? Why has Howard's gumption declined where he won't tackle and is many steps behind receivers?

I agree with Rgphin--very unlikely the team will win either of the two remaining games. sad smiley

Date: December 28, 2022 08:51AM

Rgphin Wrote:
> Is it that he faked injury to save face because of
> 3 straight ints?
>
> Personally i think he had another concusion. He is
> just too fragile for the nfl. And its a shame too.
> Because when he is healthy we can beat just about
> any team. I wish best in whatever he does.

I thought about that. The faking. I mean he shits the bed and we hear 3 days later he has a concussion? Again? Then again something has to be up.you don't go from Mr.ACCURATE to Mr. MAGOO IN a game.

I'm no Doctor. But that hit he took a while back, where he threw gang signs and went into the fetal position....that was a scary hit. I don't think he fully recovered. He needs more then a CT scan. He needs full blown MRI . The works before getting cleared again.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 28, 2022 10:25AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:

> I thought about that. The faking. I mean he shits
> the bed and we hear 3 days later he has a
> concussion? Again? Then again something has to be
> up.you don't go from Mr.ACCURATE to Mr. MAGOO IN
> a game.
>
>

But why wait three days? Even if it's embellishment or BS, say it the next morning. Unless it took them three days to even think up that strategy (which is entirely possible spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ).

Date: December 28, 2022 10:36AM

By the way, I'm a bit perplexed why we needed to announce that Tua is out for the Pats game. Why not just list him as Questionable and say his evaluation is day-to-day? When they first announced his latest concussion protocol they specified that there was a possibility he'd be cleared by end of week..So why not let the opponent hold onto that possibility, and force them to prepare for both QBs? (not that Bridgewater is a tough study or anything).

At some point they need to submit the roster, but I thought that was on Thursday. I get they eventually need to declare him inactive so they can put Skylar as active, but it seems to me like we made this announcement too early.

Date: December 28, 2022 10:50AM

JC Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I thought about that. The faking. I mean he
> shits
> > the bed and we hear 3 days later he has a
> > concussion? Again? Then again something has to
> be
> > up.you don't go from Mr.ACCURATE to Mr. MAGOO
> IN
> > a game.
> >
> >
>
> But why wait three days? Even if it's
> embellishment or BS, say it the next morning.
> Unless it took them three days to even think up
> that strategy (which is entirely possible spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ).

Absolutely. It's just I saw him play incredibly well this season.Made me a believer ( I really wasnt) Completely Pro bowl worthy great. He even made that sick bomb to Waddle early on in this game. Then......just a dumpster fire. He's either the most inconsistent person to ever touch a Pig Skin , or injury prone.

Hes had so many concussions he probably knows how to fake it already during the game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 31, 2022 11:22AM

Tua isn't going anywhere until after the 2023 season, at a minimum. We don't have any options right now to be honest unless Jimmy Garapolo, or Geno Smith wants to come here as a FA. all of the other guys aren't good enough or would be too expensive.

I have my eye on Drake Maye, NC, 6'4", 220, in the 2024 draft, as a possibility.

Date: December 31, 2022 11:36AM

TUA will be on a 1 way ticket back to Hawaii if his family speaks some sense into him , or if no doctors agree to clear him. It's getting that bad for him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 02, 2023 12:08PM

Ken Wrote:
> Tua isn't going anywhere until after the 2023
> season, at a minimum. We don't have any options
> right now to be honest unless Jimmy Garapolo, or
> Geno Smith wants to come here as a FA. all of the
> other guys aren't good enough or would be too
> expensive.
>
> I have my eye on Drake Maye, NC, 6'4", 220, in the
> 2024 draft, as a possibility.

Ken.

I'm not that keen on college football (and players) as I used to be, so I am not really familiar with Drake Maye.

We must remember, Miami has no first round pick in the upcoming draft, so if they get a QB at all, it will be in the later rounds. Way too many holes that need to be filled to get a "good" QB in the 2nd round, or so. Will probably have to wait until the 2024 draft when Miami has a bunch of draft picks available.

Not sure who will be in the QB competition this upcoming season. Tua's health is up in the air; Bridgewater is hurt more than Tua, and much may depend on the cap ramifications as to whether or not Teddy can be released; and Thompson will need a lot of playing time to determine whether he should stick with the Fins or not. He is probably starting vs the Jets, so maybe this will be his ticket.

Miami doesn't have the salary cap to go out and get a FA who can start for the 2023 season.

Date: January 02, 2023 07:35PM

The Cap will be better without TUAs contract. I just have a feeling Brady might want to make a break for 1 more. 1 Yr Contract.But he would demand a solid Oline.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 03, 2023 05:47AM

> The Cap will be better without TUAs contract. I
> just have a feeling Brady might want to make a
> break for 1 more. 1 Yr Contract.But he would
> demand a solid Oline.

I'm having a hard time giving a crap about what Brady wants.

However I did see a blurb that he "almost" went to the Raiders before going to the Bucs. And that he might go there next year. Now there's a match made in heaven. He can break George Blanda's record as oldest QB on their roster.

Date: January 03, 2023 07:53AM

Hey look at our predicament. No first rounder. No cap space for a long contract. Who is available? Who could come in for 1 yr and give us a shot at greatness? Just 1 yr? eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 03, 2023 10:45AM

> Hey look at our predicament. No first rounder. No
> cap space for a long contract. Who is available?
> Who could come in for 1 yr and give us a shot at
> greatness? Just 1 yr? eye rolling smiley

That walking pustule is the REASON we have no first rounder.

I say no, no, a thousand times NO.

Date: January 03, 2023 11:03AM

> Hey look at our predicament. No first rounder. No
> cap space for a long contract. Who is available?
> Who could come in for 1 yr and give us a shot at
> greatness? Just 1 yr? eye rolling smiley

But TC, can Miami afford him?

Date: January 03, 2023 03:16PM

captkoi Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hey look at our predicament. No first rounder.
> No
> > cap space for a long contract. Who is
> available?
> > Who could come in for 1 yr and give us a shot
> at
> > greatness? Just 1 yr? eye rolling smiley
>
> ***********************************************
>
> But TC, can Miami afford him?

Depends. I think winning and going out on top is more important to him. With Tua gone I think a 1 year $15 million contract with incentives is very doable. Seriously.......if TUA never plays again who else do we have? What options? They are working out arena league QBs as we speak. We wont be able to afford the rooster we have now in 2-3 seasons. Kind of have to win now. Might be a perfect (desperate)fit for both teams.

Otherwise Im all ears. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 04, 2023 09:03AM

>Just a thought. Not endorsing this or anything.

*I apologize for my screwing up your post,Treasure. I intended to quote and respond but apparently I hit the Moderator Edit button by accident. Then I couldn’t undo what I accidentally erased. **. Sorry,JC

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2023 01:50AM by JC.

Date: January 04, 2023 09:33AM

Miami has signed Mike Glennon

Date: January 04, 2023 11:29AM

captkoi Wrote:
> Miami has signed Mike Glennon

My point exactly.

drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.