HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Packers v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Packers v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 25, 2022 04:01AM

First off, Merry Christmas to all. Everybody have a holly, jolly Christmas with family and friends.

Today's big game is the Packers with aging Aaron Rogers against our very hopeful Dolphins. Hopeful in terms that we can stay alive in the run for the play offs. To me, it's a make or break it day for the team.

Secondly, as I will not be near my computer this afternoon, I'll record the game and view it later today. No posts by me until after the game is reviewed.

If some of your are traveling in severe wintery weather, I know some are, be extra careful. Bottom line: be safe.

Finally, enjoy the day--Go Dolphins.

Colonel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Packers v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 25, 2022 04:55AM

Merry chritsmas to all. God bless. Be safe!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 25, 2022 08:19AM

I'm getting fed up with McD's creative play calling. It seems like once we get the running game established and humming, he goes away from it.

Date: December 25, 2022 08:37AM

What was with that squib kick-off? That made no sense.

Date: December 25, 2022 08:45AM

Merry Christmas Packer fans.

Date: December 25, 2022 10:07AM

Why do we even want to go to the playoffs and takebeatdown. We are not a playoff team yet...we will get tgere next year.

Date: December 25, 2022 11:02AM

Wow. 3 It's. confused smiley

I want to love TUA. But hes making it really hard.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 25, 2022 11:41AM

Complete bed-$hitting. Last 5 possessions = 3 INT, 1 Fumble, 1 missed FG. I used to think that one of Tua's strengths was the intangible "winner" persona. But, it was largely based upon one half of football played before he made it to the NFL. We'll see...

Date: December 25, 2022 12:13PM

I think opposing defenses have Tua and McD figured out. This Hill or Waddle first worked for awhile but, we won't go far having to depend on big plays. Even with a sign that the running game is working McD won't stick with it enough to establish a rhythm. Seems like he wants to showcase Tua and his own beautiful play calling.
At this point I have no high expectations of making the play-offs or our chances if we do manage to sneak in.

Date: December 25, 2022 04:20PM

Dismal. I finally watched the game and ... is there a pattern forming? It seems opponents continue to make adjustments and we continue to try to apply the same plays failing to see the adjustments made to counter those plays. The second half...incredible miscues, one after the others on offense. The D doesn't adjust any better than the play calling on offense. The D just could not cover again. Opponents have the team figured out like a boxer who takes it from his opponent in the early rounds, figures out the weakness and then pummels to win the bout.

I am afraid most of the problems are coach related. I am no longer watching pre and post game coach talk because what McDaniel says doesn't matter. He has a lot to learn. Failing to run the ball consistently when it works is a misjudgment. Using timing routes all the time for Tua doesn't work in the second half of games when the opposing D has figured things out. The use of time-outs--he has little clue on their effective use.

We might win our final game and go 9-8. However, the team is not a playoff team. Xavier Howard has lost something and his selection to the pro bowl was a surprise to me. He doesn't cover well anymore and missed what should have been an interception.

Another so-so season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2022 04:26PM by colonel.

Date: December 26, 2022 06:04AM

OK. Yesterday we had alot of Holiday stuff going on I just shut the TV and enjoyed my family.

This morning Im up and ignored all the Funny Texts my Non Dolphin fan friends are sending me...... TUA "Turndaballover".....Cant wait until briefing Tommorrow.......Im gonna get roasted

BUT besides all that......What concerns me and should all of you are those three interceptions. Those werent thrown and defenses made a play turnovers. These were three perfectly thrown balls to to defenders. 3 in a row. Had lots of zip, great spin, they werent bumped , TUA wasnt even under any pressure. Almost like the play call was throw to the other teams defense.

In the great words of the Buffalo Springfield band:

"There's somethin' happenin' here
But what it is ain't exactly clear

I think it's time we stop
Children, what's that sound?
Everybody look what's going down"

TUA can be great 1/3 of the time

Then mistake free but not so good 1/3 of the time

Then He is the worst QB in the NFL The rest of the time.

Consistancy is an issue. The Oline was playing admirably. The run game was decent. TUA doesnt have an injury. OK Our Kicker sucks and the defense let some plays through , But TUA gave the game away. Cant blame anyone else.

History shows he can shake it off and bounce back. We just might win out and make the wildcard card game. But I dont think we can ever win a title or go deep in the play offs becuase TUA is just not consistant. Not sure he can ever be.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2022 06:07AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 26, 2022 08:33AM

I really hope we can win these last two games....limp into the playoffs even if we get a first round exit. That would provide SOME momentum going into next year.

But yeah Tua is taking excessive risks with his throws. Even his completions in traffic make me cringe. Completions to the other team are another matter.

I agree that we need to continue to use the running game.. ESPECIALLY when it is working already.

Date: December 26, 2022 11:07AM

Both Tony Sparano and Adam Gase took the Dolphins to the play-offs in their first year so, that bar is not set very high. There are some other basic questions that need addressing. Why is McD seemingly so inept at halftime adjustments? Look no further than this past game as well as the San Fran game. Why are the Dolphins so flat in the 2nd half? Like Philbin, why was McD not entrusted with play calling? Is he too slow at game speed? There were several times when the play came in late and a timeout had to be burned. Why is McD calling plays in the first place?
It seems he should be learning the nuances of being a HC and that means to be taking in the big picture and not just to be focused on the offense. Maybe then he wouldn't have been caught off-guard by that incompletion on the sidelines that was ruled a catch.
Why was no other QB needy team interested in interviewing McD during the last off-season?
Ever since Wanny we've had a string of rookie HCs and none of them have worked out. It's still early but, I have the nagging feeling that this is shaping up as the same movie with a different cast. I hope I'm wrong.

Date: December 26, 2022 02:43PM

With Tua's concussion protocol announcement, I hereby withdraw my hope to make the playoffs. But I still hope we beat the damn Pats. Come on Teddy you can do it.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 26, 2022 05:58PM

Well, I feel like an ass if Tua's concussion impacted his ability to play well in the 4th quarter, and I don't see how it couldn't have. His play was so night & day. Wishing him well as he works his way through this.

Date: December 27, 2022 08:57AM

Yeah. I knew something was up besides just " bad luck" .

Something was damaged, On a human level I really hope someone sits TUA down and explains he needs to medically retire while he still can.

As a fan we need him to step down so we can move on and find a replacement. The off season will be interesting.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 27, 2022 10:12AM

Unfortunately, we only have a handful of draft picks, nothing better than a 2nd and Grier absolutely sucks at drafting. Cap money is limited due to the "Win Now" acquisitions. Veterans will have to be resigned or replaced. Off season will definitely be interesting but, not in a good way.

Date: December 27, 2022 04:02PM

Lamar Jackson is interested in becoming a Dolphin......but we can't afford him. Brady has showed Interest......maybe a 1 yr deal for a 7th ring run? eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 28, 2022 05:32AM

Hooligan2, yes it does look like "Ground Hog Day" again for this team with a different cast of coaches. confused smiley

Date: December 28, 2022 06:11AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brady has
> showed Interest......maybe a 1 yr deal for a 7th
> ring run? eye rolling smiley

In the name of all that is holy...God, NO.

Date: December 28, 2022 06:15AM

Anybody but brady.

Date: December 28, 2022 08:55AM

Lol. The Dolphins might suck but this place always puts a smile on my face. smileys with beer.

We could always develop Thompson. He had something going on before this oline shut him down also.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.