HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v 49ers: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins v 49ers: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 04, 2022 11:16AM

Sorry, computer was down.

Hope this is a good game for us.

Go Dolphins!

Colonel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2022 11:17AM by colonel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins v 49ers: Game Day Thread
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 04, 2022 12:42PM

Looks like the old Tua showed up to play. He's just as nervous and ineffective as the Tua in last season's game at the Titans. This does not bode well for the play-offs.

Date: December 04, 2022 12:45PM

No body here?

The D has no answer on RB McCaffrey. D has too many missed tackles and Dolphins offense isn't clicking at all right now.

Can't tell if it's the pressure/fear of getting hit by Bosa or what. Tua is way off on his throws--throwing high. Tua needs to get his RB in the game with short passes to them to gains some confidence and settle down. The score is 49ers 17, Dolphins 10 at half time.

We are still in the game but Tua needs to get his nerves under control. Where is Gesicki?

Date: December 04, 2022 01:29PM

Piss-poor play by Tua today!!!!

The D is been on the field way too much. The rookie QB of the 49ers looks like a champ.

Very disappointing offensive performance...doesn't say enough. It will be a miracle for us to win this game. It's 23-10.

Date: December 04, 2022 01:36PM

SIGH.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 04, 2022 02:30PM

WE GOT OUR BUTTS KICKED! 33-17.

Tua was absolutely horrendous--piss-poor the entire game.

Our D is lacking. Our replacement safeties don't aggressively come in on a run play and miss tackles in the field.

The 49ers have a good back up QB. He made no mistakes and was very cool and collected. Plays were designed well for him. McCafferey and Nick Bosa are studs. The 49ers outplayed us everywhere.

We fall to 8-4 with more tough battles ahead. I hope Tua gets his head together and plays with confidence next week. Gosh, what a terrible performance. thumbs downsad smiley

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 04, 2022 06:22PM

Agreed - no reasonable explanation for why Tua played so unlike he has this season. I was also reminded of the TEN game last year, but weather wasn't a factor. I get that even really good players have off days.

My son & I were talking right before the game, and we agreed that the SF D is so good that we wouldn't be able to make many mistakes. We left SO many yards (and their accompanying points) on the field. I felt like - even with 30 points in the 1st half against HOU last week - we looked out of sync on offense coming out of the bye. Hopefully they can get back on track.

The silver lining for me is that we probably should have won if we hadn't played some of our worst offense this year. Definitely don't want to live in the "coulda, woulda, shoulda" world, but it's better than knowing we don't stand a chance against quality teams. But, like everyone, I'm looking for wins, not silver linings.

Date: December 05, 2022 05:15AM

Tua did not have a good day for sure. But I think many passes were still dropped that could have been caught. The Giesicki pass was off but totally catchall. And Waddle dropped like 7. The lack of any throwing game shut down the running game. On top of that their back up QB was better then the starter.

Rough day. Hopefully we learn from it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 05, 2022 09:23AM

Well, so much for MVP for Tua. Hill is the only Dolphin that should be in the running for that award.

Why Tua was so far off I have no idea, but if he had connected on those first half passes (like he usually does) it would have been a blowout for Miami. The D played well, and the OL did as well, until the most important time of the game....the last time Miami had the ball with Tua as QB. We had a chance to go down the field, and if they had scored a TD and kicked the extra point, would have been a Miami victory.

Despite the Chargers 6-6 record, they won't be easy to beat. Tua is going to have to get back on track to win this game, and pretty much, the rest of the games. Not an easy schedule coming up.

The 2023 Draft is going to be important for Miami (again). Two critical positions they need to get is DB (especially is the Jones brothers don't return, and even if they do, injuries are a concern) and OL. Not going to be easy as Miami doesn't have a first rounder.

Date: December 05, 2022 01:25PM

OK I'm back on the TUA bus. When he got smoked early this season I didn't want him back for his own good.

But since his return he's been phenomenal. McDaniels was pretty worked up on the sidelines its reported he told TUA "its all on me". So he he try something different? Who knows? If so why not switch it up at halftime?

I do expect TUA to come out swinging next week. I may be in the minority but I place 1/2 of those missed passes on the recievers. Some were definitely too high but others were very catchall. Especially that Giesicki side line pass.he should have brought that in.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 05, 2022 04:06PM

The defender made a great play on gesicky.

Other players make good plays too. Its not only phin players that can make great plays.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 06, 2022 04:11AM

You may be right. I felt like Tua and the receivers were off in the HOU game coming off the bye as well...it was just covered up by jumping up 30-0 in the 1st half. Maybe they did try to change something over the bye week that hasn't worked out the way they thought or something.

In part of his presser, Tua took full individual responsibility...in another part it was more like shared responsibility implying receivers weren't where he thought they'd be exactly. Probably both - just a bad day for him exacerbated by not being on the same page.

Date: December 06, 2022 06:26AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-----------------------------------------
> - just a bad day for him exacerbated by not being on the same page.

Absolutely. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.