HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Carson Strong
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Carson Strong
Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: January 20, 2022 08:17AM

What do you think about selecting..... Carson Strong QB Nevada with our first round pick...... he's a big (6'4' 215lb) strong armed fairly athletic three year starter with a 70% completion percentage in the last two years. He obviously has played in bad weather playing in Nevada. Here is the scouting report on him.

Generally patient and efficient from the pocket, Strong threw 486 completions for 5,193 yards and 38 touchdowns to only 11 interceptions from 2019-2020. His yards per attempt rose from 6.2 to 8.1 last season.

-Kent Lee Platte

Let's start with Strong's arm — one of the Nevada QB's best physical traits. Strong has a crisp, compact throwing motion, and he can generate velocity with ease. He carries enough arm strength to push the ball downfield and hit players in stride, as well as fit the ball into tight windows with touch. He also has enough arm elasticity to generate velocity on the run. Strong maximizes his arm with solid mechanics, hip torque, and synergy between his upper and lower body.

Strong's arm is his most valuable physical tool, but the Nevada QB isn't a liability as an athlete. Strong is more of a pocket passer, but he has some underrated mobility

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Carson Strong
Date: January 20, 2022 09:40AM

I'd have to look more at him. Not really familiar. We have a late 1st round .....the 49ers made the playoffs.

Do you think he would last that long? If a QB falls that far and is worth it I'm not against it. But If we pick another 1st rounder you are completely giving up on TUA . Not sure what Harbaugh has in store for him. I have a feeling TUA will get another season to prove himself before getting shit canned for 2023 and the 2 first rounders we have.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Re: Carson Strong
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 20, 2022 10:33AM

I wouldn't waste a first on a QB this year when we have Tua and 2 2023 1st which has a much better QB class including Bryce Young and CJ Stroud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.