HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jets v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Jets v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 21, 2021 05:25AM

It doesnt matter where you find them. But find them. It could be in the first or 7th round doesnt matter.

This has a lot to do with coaching and schemes more than if you pick them in the top or lower rounds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 21, 2021 06:51AM

Another huge point.

Jakeem Grant made the Pro bowl.

We need to stop being a college farm team for these players. Cutting players who go on to the probowl the very second they leave us says something about Miami. It happens way to often.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 21, 2021 07:16AM

I don't think it happens as much as you think.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 21, 2021 08:07AM

Green was not earning his keep in MIA.

Regarding the oline, I think they have looked good as of late. That unit has 3 young developing plays who I think look better each week. That is reassuring. As mentioned we need to bring in a stud center and there are at least 3 in the 2022 draft (guys from Iowa, Minn & UVA). I wish they would sign Morgan Moses from the Jets in 2022. He will be a f/a and would be an upgrade over Davis.If those things happen we will be vastly improved.

Im for keeping jones at CB. he gets hit w/ a heavy load playing opposite X. Help the dbacks out by rushing the qb. Phins seem to do well when they do that.

In the 2022 draft I hope they draft a stud ILB to play next to Baker. Again there are 3 in the next draft (Lloyd, Muma, kid from AL). Team is coming together with coaching and development.

I wish they would hire Bevell (and Schottenheimer) as OC. I still do not like the one that we have right now.

Date: December 21, 2021 09:46AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think it happens as much as you think.

Every season of the past decade? Jay Ayjai to Philly, Tannehill to the Titans, Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers, Kyle Van Noy back to NE, Laundry to the Browns, There are more.

We have a great core of players we need to keep together and ADD to not the other way around. Geisecki is a HUGE example. Ogbah another. Cant lose these two. They are part of a foundation we are building and need to keep if we plan on winning.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 21, 2021 01:29PM

Drafting a stud C and signing a legit quality starter FA (especially if he replaces Davis) are the kind of moves that I think fit best now that we've taken some lumps with our youth movement. Moses seems like he's (per PFF - I'm not smart enough to outsmart their evals) a pretty consistent performer year over year in the "green" area.

I'm also for keeping Jones unless there's clearly a better alternative. I don't think he's lived up to his price tag, but I also think he's been much better than average and a key to our entire defensive philosophy.

Was discussing with my son how the key difference in my mind with how good this defense is vs. the one in the early 2000's is Zach Thomas @ MLB. We'd be an elite D pretty much every year if we had a serious MLB.

Date: December 22, 2021 02:46AM

I'm a huge fan of #54. He was a great study and was prepared for each opponent. He called plays on the defense and knew where the ball was going as it was snapped. But he said the biggest part of his success was the man to man coverage Madison and Surtain provided. It allowed him to roam freely and make plays. We finally have elite CBs and Van Ginkle is making some plays. But hes no Zack Thomas for sure.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 22, 2021 05:35AM

I was sharing with my son just a few days ago how ZT used to frustrate opposing QBs by calling out their exact play pre-snap. He was unbelievable.

Date: December 22, 2021 07:28AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was sharing with my son just a few days ago how
> ZT used to frustrate opposing QBs by calling out
> their exact play pre-snap. He was unbelievable.

That drove Tom Brady nuts!! Lol. Him and JT would crush them.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 22, 2021 03:55PM

Parker made some fantastic catches .when he's healthy he's unstoppable. He can jump higher then Giesicki. But has he ever had a healthy season and started 16 games?Never. Shame.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.