HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Assistants?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Assistants?
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 31, 2021 12:41PM

Poll
Who do you think is MOSTLY responsible for this clusterf*ck?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
7 votes were received.
players? 0

0%
coaches? 5

71%
front office? 2

29%

It appears to me that it is now clear that the problem is worst with Flores' assistant coaches. The players stayed in it until the fourth, but really, since halftime- of every game this year- the Bills and every other team we've faced so far have made adjustments as is normal, but the Dolphins have made very few adjustments and none that were effective- and they don't stick with what IS working! The other team probably made a coaching adjustment to take that stuff away from you. The fact that Gesicki was screaming at Waddle to line up correctly- and it bothers me that it wasn't Tua- multiple times tells me that this team is deficient on the fundamentals. The penalties reinforce this. I watch these guys walk around looking lost and not being anywhere near where they need to be as proof. Who runs a safety blitz and doesn't cover a receiver at all? Why continue to run safety blitzes- I guess you've got to get pressure on Allen somehow- when he makes you pay in every single instance later in the game? This is a coaching adjustment. Why is no. 15 downfield on obvious passing downs? I thought this guy was a pass rusher. Surely this isn't their idea of an 'adjustment'? Unfortunately, I could go on. This is ridiculous.
BTW- trading for a toxic QB at this juncture wouldn't help us at all this year, so why do it now? Maybe they think it would save their jobs. I think it's too late for that.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Assistants?
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 31, 2021 05:19PM

Dolphan4545--Yes, what you've pointed out is mind blowing. Gesicki trying to get a WR in the right location for a play and looking like a boob when Tua calls for the ball and it hits Gesicki. Pay attention much (Tua)?

Coaching is falling way short.

I've mentioned the words training, coaching and mentoring before.

While all NFL players played at some level in college, they received some training, some coaching, a little mentoring.

At the NFL level of play, we can't assume that what was learned at the college level will work at the professional level where players are bigger and faster. Technique needs to be learned and that falls into "training." Coaching occurs when a person is trained where the coach provides guidance on something that is already learned. Mentoring is the highest step and that is where experienced players on the team, for example, provide encouragement and guidance to other players to bring them along. Fitzpatrick may have been in that role with Tua for a brief period and should have been retained to work with him this season.

The coaches are not training these players. They need training and instruction. Waddle was a perfect example of not knowing and it backfired on Gesicki, trying to get Waddle in the right place. Tua didn't do anything to help but made it look ridiculous and worse by calling for the ball to be snapped. Duh!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 01, 2021 02:50AM

Coaching, Dallas and the Saints won yesterday w/ a 7 rounder and an undrafted f/a at qb yesterday. Jets beat CIN w/ a 5th rnd qb. Its coaching. Other coaching staffs are getting it down. The Dolphins rot is out of control now.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 01, 2021 03:01AM

That's true Colonel and veteran leadership in the locker room fills in a lot of the gaps that the coaches miss. Getting rid of the veterans on the o-line and defense to pursue this youth movement is squarely on Grier.
The fustercluck yesterday with the players not knowing where to line up is Tua playing like a rookie. Plenty of times we've seen QBs directing traffic, getting players lined up, taking command and THEN calling for the ball. We see very little of that from Tua. He was hyped as being a leader but, this offense looks more like a rudderless ship.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 01, 2021 04:28AM

I hate to dump on Tua because I think he is a gentleman, however, he is showing minuscule improvement it seems.

A designated leader can't lead if knowledge and know-how are lacking. Speaking in post game interviews shows a maturity and confidence that fails to show up on the field during a game.

I am not overly concerned with an errant pass that is intercepted; it happens to the very best of them. I am concerned with the anxiety being shown in the pass.

Coaches must continue to train. Learning the play book and knowing the place to be and the blocking assignments or route to run is all part of learning, not coaching. Coaching is designed to improve what is already learned so the player(s) become more effective, more efficient in what they are doing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.