Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          ROSS NOT DRIVING FORCE ON WATSON TRADE; FLORES-TUA DON’T HAVE A HEALTHY MARRIAGE
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
ROSS NOT DRIVING FORCE ON WATSON TRADE; FLORES-TUA DON’T HAVE A HEALTHY MARRIAGE
Date: October 25, 2021 12:27PM

I found the above title very interesting.

From ESPN:

ESPN NFL Reporter Jeff Darlington was on the Ryen Russillo podcast on The Ringer Podcast Network and spoke about the Watson to Miami trade rumors and how Tua factors into all of this. One interesting tidbit from Darlington is that the relationship between Tua and Dolphins’ head coach Brian Flores is not great and the “marriage” between them isn’t healthy or as healthy as Dolphins fans want to believe it is.

ESPN NFL Reporter Jeff Darlington was on the Ryen Russillo podcast on The Ringer Podcast Network and spoke about the Watson to Miami trade rumors and how Tua factors into all of this. One interesting tidbit from Darlington is that the relationship between Tua and Dolphins’ head coach Brian Flores is not great and the “marriage” between them isn’t healthy or as healthy as Dolphins fans want to believe it is.

I found this the most interesting:

Jeff also talks about the unique relationship Dolphins fans have with Tua. And how fan bases are always more demanding and more critical on their favorite team starting quarterback. Still, in Miami, Dolphins’ fans are the complete opposite in this unique situation where they defend Tua at every turn. And with previous quarterbacks in Miami, the fan base turned on their quarterbacks (Tannehill, Hennee….etc.) quickly, but they are not here. He compared it to the Tebow-Denver situation from about 10 years ago.

Dolphins fans like the extremely likeable TUA. And don't want sex scandal Watsan no matter how good he is. I have to agree. But win a few games Watsen will be on the ROH.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ROSS NOT DRIVING FORCE ON WATSON TRADE; FLORES-TUA DON’T HAVE A HEALTHY MARRIAGE
Date: October 26, 2021 05:27AM

Could happen this week......offer on the table....Texans holding out to last second for more. No Buy it now....this is a ebay auction to the end ....

The Houston Texans appear to be inching closer to trading Deshaun Watson, and they reportedly have at least one offer for the star quarterback on the table.

The Miami Dolphins have been viewed as the frontrunner to land Watson for months. Armando Salguero of Outkick says he was told by a source on Sunday that Miami has an actual offer on the table for Watson. Though, the details of the offer are unclear.

It seems safe to assume that whatever the Dolphins offered, the Texans want more. Most people believe Houston was behind the leak last week that they were getting close to trading Watson.

The Texans obviously want to trade Watson, but they are said to be seeking multiple first-round picks. You can understand why teams are unwilling to offer that with Watson having been accused of sexual assault by multiple women. The NFL is waiting for a grand jury to decide if Watson will be prosecuted, and the league could hand down disciplinary action after that.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported on Monday that the Texans expect to trade Watson by the Nov. 2 deadline. The Dolphins are not the only team interested in Watson, but the QB has a no-trade clause. He supposedly wants to play in Miami, which could be a big factor in the trade talks and result in the Texans having even less leverage.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Re: ROSS NOT DRIVING FORCE ON WATSON TRADE; FLORES-TUA DON’T HAVE A HEALTHY MARRIAGE
Date: October 26, 2021 10:01AM

We just lost Sinnit so having both Watson and Tua on the rooster is a distinct possibility ...........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 26, 2021 10:16AM

Pictures getting clearer , the clouds are parting........

Brian Flores 'Preferred to' Draft Justin Herbert over Tua Tagovailoa.

And there it is folks. So now we are pushing for a possibly better QB but one with baggage and will cost us a heck of alot more then what Herbert would have.

"Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores reportedly preferred the team select Justin Herbert over Tua Tagovailoa in the 2020 NFL draft.

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported Flores prefers "bigger, strapping pocket passers" and that "numerous" people around the league have heard Flores wanted Herbert, who isn't necessarily a pocket passer but does fit the size bill at 6'6" and 237 pounds."

Interesting.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 26, 2021 11:34AM

I'd say count me among those who find it easier to root for Tua to guide us to wins than Watson.

Also, count me among those who would think "really?! you can't come together on this specific decision that really was the absolute most critical one for this entire multi-year rebuilding process AND is the single thing that can kill a GM/coach regime the quickest?!"

Date: October 26, 2021 02:52PM

Per John McCain Houston Chrinicle:

"Per McClain, the Dolphins and Texans have agreed on compensation and Ross has signed off on the deal, but on the condition that Watson settles his legal issues stemming from 22 accusations of sexual misconduct and that he gets some sort of indication from Goodell as to whether and for how many games Watson would be suspended under the league's personal conduct policy."

So some work still has to be done but it's looking like we will have us a new QB soon.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 27, 2021 02:48AM

Sources say Watsom and his lawyers are busy writing checks thus morning for $25,000 hand jobs. Watson is not a sex deviant but he needs to be smarter if he wants to be considered a professional.

Writing these checks and settling could be seen as a sign of improper behavior. So We shall see if the NFL (Goodell) gives him a pass. Ross needs a break. He never seems to get one. We need a break and never seem to get one.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 27, 2021 05:24AM

Sources are now saying that the Panthers are trying to get Deshaun to come to Carolina.the Texans are asking for more but It's Deshaun that holds the cards and the no trading clause.Hecwill ultimately go where he wants so if he chooses Miami at least feel good he wants to be here.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 27, 2021 08:21AM

Just read that Carolina will not pursue a trade for Watson at this time.

Miami - if you're gonna do this right now (and I'm not saying I think it's a great idea right now) - please do not bid against yourself. It's reported that Watson has only communicated willingness to waive his no-trade clause for us. The longer HOU holds him, the worse it is for them for a variety of reasons.

Date: October 27, 2021 09:30AM

The newest water cooler gossip:

"The Miami Dolphins have been rumored as a Deshaun Watson trade destination for quite some time, with owner Stephen Ross reportedly being a big proponent of the move. Well, the Dolphins and Houston Texans have apparently agreed on trade compensation for Watson, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, but there’s a massive catch.

Ross wants Watson’s legal issues stemming from a number of sexual misconduct allegations resolved before the Nov. 2 trade deadline next week. The Dolphins owner also wants to know from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell if Watson would be suspended and, if that’s the case, for how long.

For Deshaun Watson to have his legal issues cleared up before the trade deadline, he would have to settle the 22 civil suits against him. McClain reports Watson doesn’t want to do that because he believes that would be an admission of guilt in these cases. There were also 10 criminal complaints filed to Houston police earlier this year, though Watson hasn’t been charged with anything."

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 27, 2021 09:37AM

At least from the above Ross is taking a common sense approach to this.

My guess is these are band wagon jumpers that jumped on 1 or 2 valid complaints urged by an aggressive lawyer. $1 million settles all. Watsons concerned settling shows guilt and will the NFL see it that way?

So....Goodell needs to answer him and Mr Ross. Then sign some checks and start penthouse shopping in Miami.... .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 27, 2021 01:19PM

Haha i dont blame ross for what he is doing. He got it right this time.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 28, 2021 10:38AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sources say Watsom and his lawyers are busy
> writing checks thus morning for $25,000 hand jobs.
> Watson is not a sex deviant but he needs to be
> smarter if he wants to be considered a
> professional.

RE: He is absolutely a sexual deviant (If he in fact did the things he's accused of, or if he settles). What do you call forcing yourself upon women? What do you call forced oral sex? These two things are listed in the complaints made against him.
>
> Writing these checks and settling could be seen as
> a sign of improper behavior. So We shall see if
> the NFL (Goodell) gives him a pass. Ross needs a
> break. He never seems to get one. We need a break
> and never seem to get one.

RE: It would absolutely be seen as improper behavior...there is no other way to view it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2021 10:42AM by Ken.

Date: October 28, 2021 10:51AM

Depends. A settlement without admitting anything could go either way. That's the clarification Ross is seeking.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 28, 2021 11:44AM

Ken, what you are describing is rape, a felony but, it is my understanding that none of the women contacted the police prior to being in contact with the lawyer. That, raises suspicions.
It could be nothing more than a misunderstanding on the price of a massage and what is included and what is extra.
It is also my understanding that Watson's lawyer provided a list of 18 massage therapists that also had contact with Watson and described a purely professional massage interaction. They may just have been butt ugly with hairy arms, I don't know.
I'm thinking that Watson maybe just came on too strong.
We're talking about female massage therapists who give massages to testosterone fueled athletes wearing wash cloths in a private setting. That could easily lead to a misunderstanding.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 28, 2021 02:29PM

Hooligan2 stated: "The Clown Show Continues."

We must never forget that under our legal system, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. The media is not our judicial system. Credible evidence, not suspicion is what must be gleaned by the fact finder (judge or jury).

The NFL like any organization is subject to fan and media outbursts and may assess suspicion as fact when there is no evidence, just innuendo to consider.

I for one, give Watson the benefit of the doubt but if the evidence is there he should not be game fully employed in the NFL again. If the matter is settled civily that doesn't relieve Watson of the stigma associated with the alleged sexual assaults made against him. It may allow him to be employed but there will always be some doubters believing that he committed serious crimes against women.

I know one particular smart ass that thought he was God's gift to women and I heard him on several occasions respond with, "yes, I've got the time and the place" when a pretty girl asked him what time it was. Watson may also be like this guy but because of his star status, took advantage with his actions not commentary.

Bottom line for me, is I don't believe the Dolphins should hire this QB. It's trouble that the front office and the team does not need to endure. The fans are also up to their eyebrows in all of this *&^$ and aren't going to sell their souls to have a team win 6 games this season or 10 games next season, if that is even foreseeable.

The clown show continues---sorry, way to much drama in this NFL soap opera.

Date: October 28, 2021 03:51PM

Remember Bret Farve was also accused of a similar offense and there were photos.

My point was that the lady that claimed 'forced oral sex" was coached into filing a complaint by a lawyer that had also dug up two other victims to file complaints. The lady herself was not offended enough to contact the police after the alleged incident until after the lawyer contacted her and presumably educated her about a possible payday.

Date: October 29, 2021 02:57AM

I'm in the business. These lawyers are the worst. If they had anything he would be hanging by his balls somewhere in a cell or out on $50,000 bond. The lawyer put out the notice: "any other victims?" Sign here.
And it will probably pay out $10,000-$25,000 a hand.....errrrr....I mean head......ummmmm I meant "person".

drinking smiley

Also....coincidentally all this happened directly after he demanded a trade from the Texans. I wouldn't be surprised if the team leaked his massage therapy info to a unscrupulous Texan Attorney to force him to stay.
That backfired and now can't sell him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 29, 2021 04:37AM

>
> Also....coincidentally all this happened directly
> after he demanded a trade from the Texans. I
> wouldn't be surprised if the team leaked his
> massage therapy info to a unscrupulous Texan
> Attorney to force him to stay.
> That backfired and now can't sell him.

Interesting theory. Evidently this lawyer Buzbee is heavily involved with the Texans or at least a super fan. At one time he paid for 8 billboards around the Houston area, urging the Texans to bring Manzeil to the Texans.

Date: October 29, 2021 01:11PM

Manzeil? Lol. Yeah if hes a Superfan hes pissed. So Watson didn't play his game. It backfired and probably made him insist on a trade with him controlling where.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 30, 2021 02:34PM

Count me as one of the fans who want to trade for watson....But then i ask myself...

Will watson throw a tantrum at the first chance he gets when he is a member of the phins?

His head might not be screwed on right.

If we give too much for him, we will probably mortgage the future for nothing.

Date: October 30, 2021 04:42PM

I have to admit it would be exciting for a while. We have had NOTHING to be excited about in so long. But it takes more then a superstar QB to win championships. Right now we are missing all the intangibles it takes to win. Leadership/Coaching defense/ running game. We are a broken almost dysfunctional at this point.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 31, 2021 09:39AM

At least we were in playoffs every year with marino. All qbs we have had after him suckkkkkkkked with a capital S. It all starts with a superstar qb and we havent had that since marino. All we had was crap.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 31, 2021 12:45PM

I don't give a damn about a "happy marriage'! Lots of HCs and their QBs don't get along very well. Who cares! They just need to do their jobs.

Rick

Date: October 31, 2021 02:23PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> At least we were in playoffs every year with
> marino. All qbs we have had after him
> suckkkkkkkked with a capital S. It all starts with
> a superstar qb and we havent had that since
> marino. All we had was crap.

Our last QB beat the Bills last week though. drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 31, 2021 03:48PM

Bills showed this week they have problems too.

Date: October 31, 2021 04:59PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Bills showed this week they have problems too.

You make no sense Sam. AGAIN. As usual.

"At least we were in playoffs every year with
> marino. All qbs we have had after him
> suckkkkkkkked with a capital S. It all starts with
> a superstar qb and we havent had that since
> marino. All we had was crap."

Why is it when we make the playoffs with Marino....hes the best ever. No championships....but at least we made the playoffs.

Fine cool. thumbs up

But when Tannehill makes the playoffs , Probowls, AFC championship......He suuuuuuuucks. Which is it Sam? Stop being a dick for just 1 second. WE NEVER SHOULD have gotten rid of Tannehill. We should have continued to try and build up that oline , and we might be sitting at 7-1 instead of 1-7 .

Be a man for 1 second a cut the crap. We had our Franchise QB all along and you Fing know it.

Don't admit it. You don't have too. You actually already have. Several times.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 01, 2021 02:14AM

But we never even sniffed the playoffs with tannehill.

Date: November 01, 2021 02:16AM

If he is so great why didnt we made playoffs when he was here. He needs many players like derick henry to win.

Date: November 01, 2021 02:21AM

Bills and tennesee will not be winning any superbowls anytime soon.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.