HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          It's the Roster...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
It's the Roster...
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: October 24, 2021 01:23PM

Tell us more Captain Obvious!!

I saw players in position to make plays, and the talent level wasn't there.
The converted 3rd and 8 by the falcons late in the game.
There were two Dolphin defenders in position to stop the receiver short, but neither could make the tackle, giving up a critical 1st down.
And this is just one example of many similar situations I witnessed throughout the game..

The calls are good, but the players on the field aren't good enough to make the plays.

It all falls on the scouting and evaluating of player personnel.
That's right Chris Grier. I'm looking right at you!
You and your pathetic scouting department!!

Until we clean house of everything Chris Grier, and find the right GM, we'll suck. It's just that plain and simple

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's the Roster...
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 25, 2021 02:40AM

All teams hit and miss on talent. The franchise also continues to hit and miss on coaches and assistant coaches.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 25, 2021 05:21AM

This team won 10 games last year. This roster can win. Flores as a coach looks like the guy that is not ready to sit at the poker table. Grier should be fired for hiring him not the player's he collected.

Date: October 25, 2021 06:19AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This team won 10 games last year. This roster can
> win. Flores as a coach looks like the guy that is
> not ready to sit at the poker table. Grier should
> be fired for hiring him not the player's he
> collected.

I like Flores. But I have to admit this team took a big hit in the wrong direction. Basically the same team with additional talent should be playing at least where we were last season. We needs answers and a plan or I will have to agree Flores can't lead thus team.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 25, 2021 06:55AM

Flores was in the running for Coach of the Year last season. He was lauded as being able to get a bunch of nobodies to play beyond their expected abilities. IMHO the rug was pulled out from under him by getting rid of the veteran leadership on the team and, in the locker room. Kyle Van Noy, McKinney, Flowers and, of course, Fitzmagic. These veterans are essential to the development of a young roster. I put more over-all blame on Grier than on Flores.

Date: October 25, 2021 07:26AM

Good points Hooligan. I'd be sad to see Flores go.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 25, 2021 07:31AM

I tend to think you're right that it was a huge misjudgment to think the team was ready for such a purging of player leadership. I really don't think Flores forgot how to coach overnight. And I also can't really imagine that the plan was to sign all these FAs in 2020 only to let them go after 1 season, along with other veteran leaders. It seems almost impossible that Grier & Flo would be on the same page there.

I'd add that Flo's inability to put together a competent offensive coaching staff is another huge element in all this. I genuinely don't think the raw talent drafted over the past couple of years is as bad as it looks together on the field. Unfortunately, the two may be interrelated. Whatever happened with Gaily/Fitz/Tua last year likely scared off quality options for offensive coaching.

If it turns out that Grier was somehow behind the QB drama last year (i.e. pressuring coaches to play Tua) and the exodus of vet player leadership, then he would be, in my opinion, far and away THE reason for this season's unfolding. He has a reputation for trying to work closely w/coaches to get them what they want/need, so I'm tempted to think that the origination was above him. In which case... honestly don't even want to finish the statement.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 25, 2021 07:45AM

Shac lawson was a big part of this defense too. Why let go of whats working. Huge mistake. Now we have a rookie in his place that stinks. Good job phins.

Date: October 25, 2021 07:51AM

Van noy played outstanding. And was let go. This dolphins team and management is disfunctional. They need to make better decision. So thats never going to happen until the sell the team to someone who cares. They need to replace all coaches and management. Also replace ross with a new owner who has a clue then the miami dolphins will make playoffs again.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 25, 2021 08:12AM

I'm inclined to believe that getting rid of the "high priced" veterans was a feeble attempt to clear cap space to make room for Watson, if that deal were to happen. The reports are that Ross is enamored with Watson and jettisoning the "high priced" vets without considering the chemistry fallout and football considerations just comes across as the bone-headed move that a businessman would make.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 25, 2021 11:26AM

I think letting Van Noy and Flowers go were more about the potential emergence of Van Ginkel, Hunt and Kindley and they spotted some edge players they liked in the draft. All I can think of McKinney is that they did not like what they saw of his shoulder. No top teams jumped on him when he was released and they did not move him to the active roster until last week.

The Van Noy move was the dumb one IMHO. Ill continue to say a better coach would win with this roster. And Im not missing Fitz.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 25, 2021 12:16PM

Grier and the entire scouting dept need to go. He was in charge of the rebuild and failed.

Flores has to have some say on his roster and I think he's just as responsible for getting rid of the FAs after 1 year. They're outsmarting themselves.

They gutted the first year of their actual rebuild this year and are paying the price. Van Ginkle was a force rushing the passer last year, now he's used more in coverage. That's on flores.

Flores' constant churning of the coaching staff doesn't help either. There's no continuity. Had he stuck with O'shea at OC it would be year 3 in the same O and we'd be digging deeper into the playbook. We still have no identity on O and we're playing guys out of position on D.

This team is rotten to the core. I liked what Flores was able to accomplish his first 2 years. It looks like that may have gone to his head.

Grier should have been fired today along with the entire scouting department. Flores should have been directed to name ONE OC and take over the play calling on D.

Date: October 25, 2021 02:28PM

Noone wants to work for the dolphins anymore.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 25, 2021 02:36PM

You're right, sam. No quality coach will come here with the mindset of "I'll make them forget about Shula".

We get reclamation projects or first timers for a reason.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.