HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tua Tagovailoa's career could be decided in next six weeks
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tua Tagovailoa's career could be decided in next six weeks
Date: October 16, 2021 03:19AM

There is a really excellent little conversation about TUA and his current standings on the Colin Cowherd show " The Herd".I think it's on You Tube.

"Fox Sports’ Colin Cowherd, on his show “The Herd”, went as far as to say that his Dolphins’ career could come down to the next six weeks.

Cowherd specifically targeted these six games because there are four winnable games for the Dolphins. In this timeframe, they play the Jaguars, Falcons, Bills, Texans, Ravens, and Jets. The Bills and Ravens are both AFC Championship contenders, but the remaining four are games that Miami should have a real chance to walk away with a victory.

The Dolphins don’t even have to win all of these games, as Cowherd mentions. Tagovailoa just has to look like he can be the face of the franchise.

If that happens, Tagovailoa will save not only his job but possibly the jobs of his coach and general manager as well."

Made some great points about TUA, his injury history, not learning the playbook, and not being a Captain or a leader like this team so badly needs.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2021 03:20AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tua Tagovailoa's career could be decided in next six weeks
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 17, 2021 12:08PM

Maybe we can get rid of this clueless kid and bring Ryan Fitzpatrick back?

Rick

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 18, 2021 07:08AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe we can get rid of this clueless kid and
> bring Ryan Fitzpatrick back?

I miss Fitz. He's been on IR since game one of the season, not sure if he still is though.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 18, 2021 07:51AM

I think that the team misses him, too.

Rick

Date: October 21, 2021 01:29PM

I think its been decided in ONE week. confused smiley

We are in a funk. But so was Arizona when they drafted Rosenfeld. They rebounded with a true franchise back. Hopefully we will. Lets stop kidding ourselves. TUA is not the answer. Hes never going to play a full spring training and 17 game season. Never.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 24, 2021 11:19AM

TUA digs his own hole this week. 2 INTs at critical times. He played Valently but too little too late......kills me because my sons were both wearing #1 jerseys really pulling for him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 24, 2021 11:23AM

Yep - take away 3 boneheaded plays and he's playing lights out since coming back. I just don't know if he's able to develop out of making those stupid plays.

Date: October 24, 2021 11:54AM

tsstamper Wrote:
> Yep - take away 3 boneheaded plays and he's
> playing lights out since coming back. I just don't
> know if he's able to develop out of making those
> stupid plays.

He plays too impulsively. We had a young kid I worked with about 15 yrs ago. He was a good kid , he meant well but he was just too impulsive and screwed up several calls because he was too damn impulsive. He was a young Vet and wanted to be a cop more then anything so they offered him a job in the civil aid department when he just couldn't cut it during the FTO process. 3 yrs he did his job then put back in for a cop. They gave him another try and swear to god.....hes been officer of the year 3 times since then.

But can Miami afford it while TUA "grows up" and matures into making better decisions?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 24, 2021 12:00PM

I think a good case could be made that every one of Tua's 4 interceptions were essentially unforced errors on his part. The throwaway that simply didn't make it out of bounds. 2 INTs following defensive takeaways vs. JAX & ATL. The throw into double-coverage in the end zone against ATL.

It's crazy to me that his QB rating through this week's game is going to be 95.1. If you take away his 4 completely self-inflicted INTs, it's 109.3 (not changing any of the other factors in the calculation).

I'm not smart enough to know if a guy can simply develop out of throwing dumb INTs.

Worse, I'd say that we probably still lose the JAX game whether he throws the INT or not and we did win the NE game. So, my best guess is that the only game in which it makes a win/loss difference is today's.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 24, 2021 12:39PM

The last two games were very, very winnable and Tua looked respectable (at times) against two bad defenses. Next week we play Buffalo,, in Buffalo. I doubt we'll see another 4 TD performance. We may see Brisset again.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: October 25, 2021 09:52AM

Really trying to keep an open and objective mind in this and sort of recall "how we got here" specific to Tua.

I'm reading that the overall issue may be his "low ceiling". I.e. even if he reaches his ceiling, it won't be good enough. In my mind, a player that compared to coming out of the draft is Drew Brees. Both guys are undersized and would be far from the top of any arm strength contests. Both were known as being accurate and having intangibles that, as part of the package, helped offset physical limitations. Brees' stats his first few years undoubtedly included a good handful of boneheaded picks, etc.

I honestly had to remind myself of the comparison and had to look back at Brees' development over the course of his first 5 yrs in SD and then, of course, his 15 yrs in NO. The point, of course, is that I'd hate to lose out on the reward like I think SD did when they swapped out Brees for Rivers. I don't think Brees magically became better raw material after having his shoulder surgically repaired...I think his situation enabled him to realize his full potential & flourish much more.

The best reasons I can come up with that this isn't a solid perspective:
- Tua's injury history (Brees had an injury history too, of course)
- It's a new era in which no QB gets anywhere near 5 yrs to realize their full potential
- Tua & Brees are apples & oranges: The game has changed so much that you simply can't be an elite QB ever with the Brees makeup. You've gotta have elite physical talents or it is literally impossible to be elite no matter what else you bring to the table.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 25, 2021 12:32PM

Tua is the least of our problems now. He's played well enough to win the last 2 games.

Moving on from Tua before he plays a full season screams "win now". The same place we've been the past 20 years.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 25, 2021 01:13PM

Tua has played well these last two games. Some folks are already writing him off; I disagree with that assessment. Is he the next Marino? No, but he isn't at the bottom of the totem pole, either.

Geez, the guy threw for 300+ yards last week, then 296 yards and 4 TDs this week. True, he threw 4 ints during this time, but just remember this - Peyton Manning's first year he threw over 20 ints. Now, I'm not comparing the two, but we need to let Tua continue to play and see where it goes. Hell, Miami is in the dumps (again), so will it ruin any chance Miami has of being in the playoffs? Nope!

The top brass needs to do a better job of drafting or coaching, or both, and Tua will be just fine. Until that happens, don't expect much from our Dolphins.

BTW, it wasn't Tua's two ints that lost yesterday's game, it was our defense. Tua got them in the lead with about 3 minutes left, and the D just let Atlanta go right down the field to kick the winning points. Let's work on that D.

BTW, can anyone here name any Dolphin that is presently on the team as "elite?" The only one, IMO, that comes close to that is Howard, but his injuries keep him from attaining that status. Anyone else?

Date: October 25, 2021 02:43PM

jsm08 Wrote:
> Tua is the least of our problems now. He's played
> well enough to win the last 2 games.
>
>

HUH? Um no he didnt. He threw 2 boneheaded INT's. Both winnable games are on him. He plays just well enough so you cant say he sucks. But he's not winning games. Sorry.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 25, 2021 11:50PM

QBs make mistakes. It happens but after those 2 ints he brought us back from a two TD deficit to take the lead late in the 4th.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 26, 2021 04:20AM

Well yes, he did get the lead but, while he was on that drive even the announcer mentioned that he has to play smart and work the clock, leave as little time as possible. BAM,, TD with 3 minutes left and all Atlanta needed was a FG. It could have been played better.
The game will continue to slow down for him and he will play better with more awareness, if he doesn't get hurt first.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 26, 2021 04:28AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Well yes, he did get the lead but, while he was on
> that drive even the announcer mentioned that he
> has to play smart and work the clock, leave as
> little time as possible. BAM,, TD with 3 minutes
> left and all Atlanta needed was a FG. It could
> have been played better.

We lost quite a few games like that w/ Marino getting down the filed too quickly and scoring. That is again is coaching and play calling. My view is to secure the lead is the utmost importance. Get the lead and then stop them w/ your D. I would not put that on Tua or the offense. They did their jobs.

Im sticking w/ Tua he is developing. My only issue is the dumb ints. Gotta stop that real quick.

Date: October 26, 2021 04:34AM

I also think he's developing some just get things at a different pace. But forcing throws when you don't already have the best arm strength....he should know what he's capable of already.

And his injury history is just as concerning as Watsons affinity for a tugger from the massage therapist.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 27, 2021 01:40PM

I still say Tua played well enough to win. Sure, those 2 ints hurt, but it didn't put the kibosh on the team. I say again, the D lost this game.

Tua's mistakes will get worked out the more he plays. He will figure it out. Each game he gets better. It's a shame he has to get compared to Herbert. H is a big QB (height and weight) and has a canon for an arm. Tua is undersized, not a canon arm (but good enough), but...too many injuries.

I repeat...Peyton had 20+ interceptions his rookie year. Give Tua time, and lets see what happens.

I'm not so sure I can believe all those reports about Miami already having a deal on the table for Watson. They give Houston all those picks, plus have to pay Watson an outrageous amount of money, and it is disaster for the Dolphins. Too many holes to fill, and if trading all those top picks to get him, it will be years before Miami is back in the race. AND.....if he is found guilty, could be jail time in the civilian world along with punishment from the league.

Again, NO to Watson!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 28, 2021 04:29AM

Watson asked for his no trade clause to be waved only for the phins.

Date: October 28, 2021 06:55AM

captkoi Wrote:
> I still say Tua played well enough to win. Sure,
> those 2 ints hurt, but it didn't put the kibosh on
> the team. I say again, the D lost this game.
>
> Tua's mistakes will get worked out the more he
> plays. He will figure it out. Each game he gets
> better. It's a shame he has to get compared to
> Herbert. H is a big QB (height and weight) and has
> a canon for an arm. Tua is undersized, not a canon
> arm (but good enough), but...too many injuries.
>
> I repeat...Peyton had 20+ interceptions his rookie
> year. Give Tua time, and lets see what happens.
>
> I'm not so sure I can believe all those reports
> about Miami already having a deal on the table for
> Watson. They give Houston all those picks, plus
> have to pay Watson an outrageous amount of money,
> and it is disaster for the Dolphins. Too many
> holes to fill, and if trading all those top picks
> to get him, it will be years before Miami is back
> in the race. AND.....if he is found guilty, could
> be jail time in the civilian world along with
> punishment from the league.
>
> Again, NO to Watson!

Ross said the deal is done.....ONLY IF all legal issues are dealt with and settles by Nov 2nd. And If The NFL states Watson is free to play.

So there is a good chance this won't happen still. But if it does Watson will be free and clear and he only wants to come here.He could have gone anywhere but wants Miami.He will probably be OK with a new contract to help make Miami and himself win .

He is 10x the QB TUA is. If he can get his head screwed on straight like Big Ben Roethlisberger did early in his career.

See what happens.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 28, 2021 10:32AM

I don't want Watson at all and it has nothing to do with talent. He's a sexual deviant and he's not in any way a team player. He'll be OK as long as he's getting his way, but at the first opportunity he'll demand a trade and refuse to play once again.

Date: October 28, 2021 10:48AM

Ken Wrote:
> I don't want Watson at all and it has nothing to
> do with talent. He's a sexual deviant and he's not
> in any way a team player. He'll be OK as long as
> he's getting his way, but at the first opportunity
> he'll demand a trade and refuse to play once
> again.

Fair enough . I agree with the team player issues. He demanded a trade because management didn't do things to his liking. Tough shit. Imagine Dan Marino telling Shula how to do things?

But the sexual dievant stuff is still way out to judge. So many woman all at once at the same time he announced he wanted to leave? So many complaints, not one charge. But we'll see.

Probably not happening by Nov 2nd so I wouldn't worry. But TUA is not the answer here. He's kinda done just from the way The Dolphins Mis- handled everything. I'm amazed he didn't demand a trade by now.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2021 03:52AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.