HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jaguars v. Dolphins In England: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Jaguars v. Dolphins In England: Game Day Thread
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 19, 2021 07:53AM

Ross definitely has a bit of a history of involving himself in things that go south while trying to maintain an image of 'hands off...just writing big checks' ownership.

I'm probably not in the same place you are in having come to a conclusion about Tua being or not being the future @ QB. I think Tua has missed 4 games - 1 for the finger thing last year and 3 with cracked ribs. That hit probably doesn't put every QB out for 3 games, but I'd bet he wouldn't be alone in suffering its effects.

I saw him throwing with good accuracy and timing out there, which was encouraging for me because it was sort of him closing brand gap (i.e. meeting some of the 'as advertised' expectations). Several of the throws were from a collapsing pocket or had him move off his spot (showing good mobility). And, again, it was w/o Parker & Fuller (which I'm not saying would have massively shifted anything in the JAX passing game).

Besides his health - which I'm willing to continue seeing whether/how much of a problem it continues to be - my concerns are:
- that every game there seems to be a throw or 2 that are complete head-scratchers
- that he hasn't strung together multiple strong games. I think a decent bit of this might be that last year he was operating in a system designed by Gailey for Fitz and this year he's played 2 games and a couple series with an offensive coaching crew that's still figuring out which way is up.

Brissett certainly isn't a legitimate bar to be measured against, but the difference in accuracy and timing was certainly evident.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 19, 2021 10:31AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brissett certainly isn't a legitimate bar to be measured against, but the difference in accuracy and timing was certainly evident.

Very TRUE. Brissit was all over the place and the receivers had to go get the ball instead of it hitting them in the numbers. TUA really hit Giesecki in stride so he got YAC. It was fun to see at times.

That is what is so frustrating to me . Agree with me or not , When I first saw Tannehill play .....His athleticism and his bootlegging was so apparent. He was so fast and he could throw. He was really fun to watch practice.

I just cant get a read on TUA. Part of it is his wind up lefty style of throw. He needs a second to plant his left foot and he brings his arm way back to throw, Its not effortless. You can see he's chucking it and its still not that fast. Interesting I found out that he's not really a lefty. He writes , jerksoff , does everything else right handed. But his dad made him practice lefty for whatever reason. So he can throw and be accurate its not a strong throw. Watch him. He really throws from far back position and plants his body.

He plays just good enough so you cant say.....this kid is not the answer. But sooner or later that wont be enough if he doesn't improve.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 19, 2021 02:09PM

We needed to move on from Fritz. He was what he always has been, a mediocre qb that never took a team to the playoffs. At 38 he was not going to change. That was the right call no way was I going to start believing he was the answer in MIA, no way. I respect everything Fitz did but it was time to go. Don't care if he was blindsided or not he was not Tom Brady.

Tua has talent that I hope we can developed. Give him protection and some healthy starting receivers receivers. I saw Herbert play last Sunday and Tua looked better than him. Both are young qbs that look good on some plays and bad on others. Herbert also has had Keenan Allan, (and his other top 2 WRs) to throw to for 2 years.

The Oline had their best game of the season last Sunday IMO, no sacks and 7/8 plays with 4+ yards gained. The 5 starters from Sunday are the 5 that I think we should allow to gel together. If Greg Little shows something in practice maybe he can get a shot at RT.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.