Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          What a difference a week makes..........
What a difference a week makes..........
Date: September 21, 2021 09:18AM

Woke up this morning and everything we hoped for is gone. What happened? We thought Flores came in and changed the culture and turned this team around.I really thought we turned a corner.

He came in and rebuilt the team and all of a sudden we got 10 wins and we’re no longer the laughingstock of the league or a complete embarrassment. Well the Bills just shoved a huge glass of reality down our throats.

After one game here we are again!!! Completely exposed as the joke we are everything was just an illusion. Realistically we actually only won 10 games because of Ryan Fitzpatrick.Think about that.

Tua is too small and too fragile. Just like everyone said. it’s the truth I hoped for the best..... I thought his talent his accuracy His college experience would shine through especially with Flores coaching him .Buts it's quite evident, he's not built for the NFL.

He can’t even find an offensive coordinator! I’m still shocked. 35-0!? It just dawned on me the team is still an embarrassment and we’re still in the same spot we were three years ago.All those draft picks.....and where are we? I really didn’t see this coming.I thought we were a better team.

I understand this was just one game but it’s one game that exposed everything that is wrong with this team. Not just your weekly blow out! OK let's regroup loss. Nope. There’s serious ****ing problems.

Where do we go from here how do you fix an entire starting Oline? Are we just gonna ride with these awful players protecting our weakass quarterback? Are we going to try to make some sort of deal before the trade deadline for some quality lineman?

These players just don’t fall off trees in the Middle of the season or the beginning. We’re going to have to ride it out and hope they get some of their shit together I guess.

Damn it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Re: What a difference a week makes..........
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 21, 2021 09:21AM

100 percent correct.

Date: September 21, 2021 09:24AM

Hey tannehill wasnt that good in my eyes but at least he could take a hit with the best of em. And never complained.

Not saying tua is complaining.

Date: September 21, 2021 09:27AM

Tannehill has the height and weight to play in the nfl. Tua does not. I dont think he cracks ever 6 foot. Tannehill id like 6'4 240 or so.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 21, 2021 10:02AM

You really didn't see this coming?!

I saw this coming the day Chris Grier was named GM after Tannenbaum was let go.

Stephen Ross got rid of everyone from Tannenbaum regime, as he should have, EXCEPT for Chris Grier.
The same Chris Grier that was head of scouting and player personnel for the previous decade and a half.
The same years when we were mediocre at best, to flat out horrible.
CG should have been blown out with Tannenbaum, and a legit GM search should have taken place.
Why Ross promoted ANYONE from within, is still a unanswered mystery.
If it doesn't finally dawn on Ross that Grier is the heart of the problem, then we're really F#@%ED!

Date: September 21, 2021 10:57AM

I really didn't. Socal. I knew there was a good chance TUA could get hurt again. I knew our Oline was a weakness but thought it was at least improved over last season.

However I was utterly confident in our defense. I wasn't confident in a win , but we could surely make a game of it.

35-0!? Really? No I didn't see that coming. That's 0% progress after owning 3 # 1 draft picks in the last draft.

TUA can't handle the NFL and he might end up in a wheelchair behind this line. These recievers don't help him by dropping everything he does manage to get off. No running game. Giesicki has like 45 yds in 2 games? WTF?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: September 21, 2021 04:04PM

I don't know if it's Grier who is the heart of the problem or Ross himself. I mean it's his team, the final say is his.

Date: September 21, 2021 05:34PM

Dolphins had several chances to make this team better. They failed. Miserably. We knew there was a chance this could happen. Well here we are.

I saw the Steelers dismantle this team just last week. They got to our paper Mache QB early and contained us. I get that. But our defense let them score 35 points? Really?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 22, 2021 03:11AM

For starters, the o-line players need to play in their best positions. Start where they played in college. Improve their blocking techniques in those positions. Work them in concert with their fellow linemen until execution is old hat.

Tua has yet to sparkle in anything he's done. He seems like a bright guy but is not physically durable. So, I must agree that he's not the answer. The Dolphins have (foolishly) passed on more strapping specimens that play at QB. Some of them are starters elsewhere and seem to have momentum in the learning curve. We should have stayed with Fitzpatrick who was smart and savvy. Now we have to possibly hire Cam Newton to salvage the season. If he could drop the diva character of his, he might resume his career again, for the better. At this point, I'd hire Tim Tebow to be QB. He'd make things happen. Very humble guy too.

Let's face it--the Dolphins remain bottom feeders. As Socal has pointed out, Grier is the common denominator for the team's lack of progress.

Date: September 22, 2021 04:56AM

I love the Tim Tebow idea!! He's an amazing person. The last two years he was on the Mets I met him doing security details up here at the Mets training facility. He would change shit up for sure. Adds a spark. We might not make the playoffs but he would make it interesting.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 22, 2021 09:23AM

Agree on Grier, a terrible track record on drafts , With the OL we have taken the last 2 years we should NOT have an OL problem. Did he miss on all? Too early on Eichnbergber

Taking Igbinoghene, a guy that can run but cant seem to play football ahead of guys like Swift, Mckinney, Dugger Edwards helaire, Jeremy Chinn, Taylor, Epenesa was a terrible pick

Tua and Phillips with significant injury history?

Don't forget the Dion Jordan and Fitzpatrick debacles?

Holland looks like a solid pick I will give him that one

Is Sinnett back up?

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 22, 2021 09:54AM

Not sure what to do about it right now, but the offense looks a lot like one with a 1st-time, 1st-year offensive line coach, co-OC's neither of whom is actually calling the plays into the QB.

Whether thinking about Tua or the individual OL players or any other player on offense, it was like seeing 11 guys line up with no plan whatsoever or idea for adjustment if Buffalo blitzed or created pressure off the edges. We basically have 1st & 2nd round talent starting all over the offense with a few exceptions - I just can't imagine that every single one of those was a complete whiff on talent evaluation. And, you can see - conceptually - how what was built was intended to operate. But the operators at the coaching level don't seem to be able to optimize the strengths and adjust to minimize the weaknesses.

It's like they have a standard transmission sports car that's meant to really handle curves well and fly through a straightaway...but they only know how to drive an automatic so don't know when to depress the clutch and that you should shift from 1st to 2nd gear and so on, and not slam it into reverse.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 22, 2021 01:31PM

For the past two seasons this team has over-achieved with Fitzpatrick, he had the team playing like a bunch of kids playing sandlot football, everybody having fun. The benching of Fitz in favor of Tua was a downer but, Fitz was still in the lockerroom doing his part and coming into games as the reliever. There was always the feeling the the game could be won. The first Bills game last season was only lost by 3 points so, even that game was winnable. Last game of the season in Buffalo was the first game without Fitzpatrick on the sidelines, It was Tua's team and, the rest is history.
IMHO Tua IS NOT the leader that he was made out to be. Maybe in college with a bunch of kids playing but, at the NFL where everybody is an egomaniac, Tua comes across as just another QB. He's not inspirational, he doesn't have "IT".
Everybody says the right things, he's smart, he works hard but, I've never heard anybody describe him as a leader in the locker room, the way Fitz was.
I didn't watch Sunday's game but, from what I've been reading Tua doesn't have a clue about adjusting the protection at the line, pre snap. It was obvious that there would be a blitz from the edge and Tua was unable to audible to compensate. We've heard that he didn't know the playbook last season for Gailey's dumb-down offense and he's having issues again this season. The Clown Show continues.

Date: September 23, 2021 06:33AM

I have alot to say, I agree with many things said here . But seriously it's only been 1 game.. albeit a bad one. In fact things couldn't have been worse.

It's only game 3 and we are at 1-1. 50%. Sigh . I know. I know. But I'm going to cross my fingers and see how this team responds before I make any final judgements.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 23, 2021 01:14PM

It seems that the last 2 years have been full of UGLY wins, and blowout losses.
Same trend already happening this year...Hmmm.

Date: September 23, 2021 01:28PM

socalphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems that the last 2 years have been full of
> UGLY wins, and blowout losses.
> Same trend already happening this year...Hmmm.

Yes. Very inconsistent. Seriously I'm really bummed because except for Watching for signs to see if TUA progressed I really thought the rest of the team has grown in leaps and bounds. Especially the defense. Buffalo blew us out 2 yrs straight. I'm talking annihilation losses. Even Buffalo fans started rooting for Miami to get 1 touchdown. We spent several 1st round draft picks and have not progressed at all. Regardless of how TUA performed I expected the rest of the team to at least be competitive. At home no less. Terrible. Didn't see that coming.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.