HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Bills: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dolphins v. Bills: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 18, 2021 06:02AM

The Bills come off a defeat by the Steelers. I didn't think they played very well and the Steelers' D won the game not their offense. Bills appear to be in need of more play to re-group and get their offense going again with Allen. The Dolphins squeaked by in their last outing and now face (perhaps the best team) in this division.

I am hopeful that things learned from last week will improve the offense this week and that includes smarter and sharped O-line play. Mediocre O-line play seems to center itself with the Dolphins. Is it the players? Is it the coaching? Why is this a major problem year- after-year?

In order for the rushing game to blossom, execution on running plays must improve. In order for the passing game to take hold, Tua needs at least a second more time to visualize the field and make a pass to a receiver who has time to breakaway from coverage. The key words are execution and time.

The game should be exciting and I am hoping for the best to date.

GO DOLPHINS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins v. Bills: Game Day Thread
Date: September 18, 2021 07:30AM

The Bills /Steelers game was on locally here at 1PM as the Phins/Pats didnt start until 4:25PM. The Steelers D just enveloped the Bills. The Steelers O and Big Ben did not look too impressive.

Our O even with our fledgling Oline is much better then the Steelers. My Hope is that last weeks game serves as a blueprint for Flores who already is very Defensive minded to further showcase the Bills weakness.

This is a big test for us. Seriously I'm just hoping for a good game. Last year they destroyed us. So a good game shows serious progress. If we can beat them it signals a new era for us and the team to beat in the AFC East.

The bills go 0-2 to start they are in trouble. We go 1-1 we just need to regroup. The pressure is on Buffalo here to not fall further. They are coming in pissed off and motivated.

Lets hope Flores can motivate our boys the same.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 07:35AM

I just want a competetive game too. Thatll show progress.

Date: September 19, 2021 08:11AM

Oh boy, what a terrible start. 2 sacks, punt and a quick Bills running TD. Yikes.

Date: September 19, 2021 08:18AM

Worst oline in pro football history.

Date: September 19, 2021 08:22AM

Crap!!!! Tua clobbered and down. Brissett in and I can opine Tua will be out for this game and more. Crap, Crap, Crap!

Jessie Davis blow his coverage and hit was full speed at Tua.

Date: September 19, 2021 08:33AM

This is what heppens when a playoff team beats up on a bad team.

Date: September 19, 2021 09:05AM

Olineman are something I've been screaming about for a decade now. And they addressed it. 3-4 Olineman in the past 2 drafts? A few free agents? But they are swings and misses. We need better scouting Or we need better coaching. But the Oline is worst then ever.

I think we were all hoping the best for TUA. But hes just not built for the NFL. His joints cant take it. Add to that the worst protection I've seen and Receiver's that drop perfect passes?

Howard gonna get us an INT I can feel it. Our defense is solid.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 19, 2021 09:16AM

Freakin OL

- Ineligible downfield wiping out 1st down
- free rushers all over early in the game
- Jesse Davis has been the culprit in damn near every negative OL play

Others making mistakes for sure, but this game should look a LOT different if the OL even plays somewhere near average. Freakin shameful

Date: September 19, 2021 09:54AM

#66 Soloman Kindley. Gets beat on EVERY PLAY. WTF is going on with Wilson? Drops perfectly thrown balls? Parker did as well .

Possibly the worst 1st half of football I've ever seen. And somehow we are only down 14 points? confused smiley

Side note: My big screen in the den took a shit right before the game. Just shut off and didn't go on. Had to watch the game in the living room. Was that a sign? angry smiley

Miami always plays better after the half. Buffalo defense has got to be feeling the heat. Its shady on our sidelines. Hopefully we wear them down and can change the bad luck............

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 19, 2021 09:55AM

What a shameful disgrace. Horrific o-line play. There is no strength there never mind speed.

I am beginning to think we have an RG3 as our QB. He's not a big enough body to take hits. Jesse Davis is a joke at RT. He's too slow, and I mean slow. Geez, this is embarrassing.

Coaching has to be one critical factor in positioning these o-line players. I'm sick and tire of players being called to play a position they didn't play in college. Why in the world do the Dolphins constantly experiment with out of position players? Beats the crap out me.

This game is UGLY. Last week was an ugly win. This is going to be a super UGLY loss unless a miracle happens in the second half. 14-0 at this point.

angry smiley

Date: September 19, 2021 09:56AM

Yes, I agree Bills players are tiring from the heat. Have you been outdoors--it is sweltering hot this afternoon.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: September 19, 2021 10:18AM

Just wanted to stop by after not posting for a long time to say that this team is trash. O-line, weak ass receivers, and no fight in any of them. Had faith at half but to let them drive down the field...shows no heart.

Date: September 19, 2021 10:36AM

your tv was certainly just having mercy on you

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: September 19, 2021 10:49AM

Also sounds like more Buffalo fans then phons fans in the stands from the tv...of course a lot of that is bandwagon bitches but that is still embarrassing.

Date: September 19, 2021 11:01AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> your tv was certainly just having mercy on you

This game is so bad it blew up my big screen BEFORE the game........ I nicknamed the TV TUA. OUT for the game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 19, 2021 11:05AM

Grimey13 Wrote:
> Also sounds like more Buffalo fans then phins fans
> in the stands from the tv...of course a lot of
> that is bandwagon bitches but that is still
> embarrassing.

Its always an issue but this is the worst year in a long while because most snowbirds didn't go back north for the summer. The Pandemic is much more bearable down here. So no summer in NY . I'm sure that played a big role in the attendance here. Cant get a doctor appointment , or a table in a restaurant. Traffic is off the chain. I could work OT 7 days a week if I wanted.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 19, 2021 11:10AM

Maybe we can sign Cam Newton for a few weeks? I wasn't impressed with
Jacoby Brissett in the off season let alone today. I actually liked Reid Sinnett better.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 19, 2021 11:11AM

Pathetic high draft pick OL dominated, Wilson and Grant who should have been released negative impact , Tua injured game 2. No high RB draft, no running game , no offensive game plan. No pass rush

Embarrased on all fronts at home

Date: September 19, 2021 11:17AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> Pathetic high draft pick OL dominated, Wilson and
> Grant who should have been released negative
> impact , Tua injured game 2. No high RB draft, no
> running game , no offensive game plan. No pass
> rush
>
> Embarrased on all fronts at home

Parker also had Key drops in the end zone. Gaskin played all right considering he had no blocking. Brown is not worth his starting spot. I say bench him and let Doaks play. We dont need a high draft pick.

Next season the first 2 picks need to be Olineman.

Broken ribs are a negative for TUA. So probably just bruised. I've had bruised ribs ....I fell between my boat and my dock once (too many beers and sun) I was in serious pain for 6 weeks. You cant throww a pass with bruised ribs.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 19, 2021 11:22AM

OL coaching has to be a huge part of it. We're starting a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounder and Davis with our top reserve a 2nd rounder. We've spent draft capital on talent and I think we have talent.

I also think that we're suffering a bit from missing out on providing some instant OL elevation through FA 2 yrs ago. Honestly, the chips didn't really fall our way when both Scherff and Thuney were franchised. I had been calling for a departure from the Pats script we seem to be following by doubling down on OL FA with 1 of them + Conklin. Cleveland ended up with Conklin and a good 1st round pick last yr and their OL play skyrocketed. We get Flowers for a year + $8 mill cap hit this year. My argument was that we needed both legit, proven talent and player leadership. With that in place, you don't need to have Davis playing a big part so that you can leverage whatever leadership he brings. But, we have 4 players in their 1st or 2nd year, and Davis keeping a 5th from completing the line. Honestly, a tough situation. Not excusing but recognizing.

Date: September 19, 2021 11:24AM

Yeah - even with drops, you can't be "impressive" (to quote the infamous Matt Millen's description of Brissett) when you're throwing for a decent completion % but very few yards when the defense is playing with a huge lead.

Date: September 19, 2021 11:37AM

A pounding by the Bills. No offense by the Dolphins.

Dolphins, once again, have a pathetic o-line. Year-after-year it is the same old malady.

Jesse Davis at RT is horrendous. The o-line was out-muscled and unable to move fast enough to stay with hard rushing Bills D linemen and blitzing linebackers or backs.

Again, I don't understand why the Dolphins always have players not playing positions they played in college. They seem to want to make everyone a T, who was a guard, or a guard to play center or a tackle to play guard etc etc. Utility men and master of no position is what happens in my opinion.

With Tua out, and I suspect he will be out next week, it's time for talk about Watson. I am not in favor of Watson for certain reasons but I feel desperate to want a better QB than Tua so this team can improve. As for the o-line, we need a miracle.

We can expect another fiasco of a game next week too, IMO.

Date: September 19, 2021 11:56AM

colonel Wrote:
> A pounding by the Bills. No offense by the
> Dolphins.
>
> Dolphins, once again, have a pathetic o-line.
> Year-after-year it is the same old malady.
>
> Jesse Davis at RT is horrendous. The o-line was
> out-muscled and unable to move fast enough to stay
> with hard rushing Bills D linemen and blitzing
> linebackers or backs.
>
> Again, I don't understand why the Dolphins always
> have players not playing positions they played in
> college. They seem to want to make everyone a T,
> who was a guard, or a guard to play center or a
> tackle to play guard etc etc. Utility men and
> master of no position is what happens in my
> opinion.
>
> With Tua out, and I suspect he will be out next
> week, it's time for talk about Watson. I am not in
> favor of Watson for certain reasons but I feel
> desperate to want a better QB than Tua so this
> team can improve. As for the o-line, we need a
> miracle.
>
> We can expect another fiasco of a game next week
> too, IMO.

Ahhhhhhhhh. Good. Thanks Colonel. I didnt want to be the one to say it. But I think We need to call the Texans tonight. Get down to brass tax. Dolphins have 2 #1's in 2023. Offer next years #1 and both of the 2023 picks. Give them OL Jessie Davis and reciever Fuller. eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 19, 2021 12:13PM

Bring in deshawn watson. Hes 1000 times better than tua.

Date: September 19, 2021 12:24PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Bring in deshawn watson. Hes 1000 times better
> than tua.

While I dont disagree........Even the best QB needs an Oline to block. After watching this game he might not want to come here.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 19, 2021 12:48PM

He has the abilty to scramble and make oline look better than what it is.

Date: September 19, 2021 01:49PM

No. Sam. Please try to listen.Not trying to start an argument. QBS DO NOT make an oline look better. It's the other way around. I'm watching the best Oline in football coast Tom Brady to another win.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 19, 2021 03:13PM

If deshawn watson comes here youll see what mean. He has the ability to buy time when the blocking breaks down. He is that good.

Only thing maybe this dolphins oline os so bad not even he will make a difference.

The dolphins oline gave tua no time at all to be confortable in the pocket today against the bills.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2021 03:15PM by samsam3738.

Date: September 19, 2021 04:03PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> If deshawn watson comes here youll see what mean.
> He has the ability to buy time when the blocking
> breaks down. He is that good.
>
> Only thing maybe this dolphins oline os so bad not
> even he will make a difference.
>
> The dolphins oline gave tua no time at all to be
> comfortable in the pocket today against the bills.

No doubt. That first shot he took was a blindside untouched shot. He didn't have a collapsing pocket...these were linebackers and DE's coming full steam untouched. Hes just not built for it. He cant take shots like that and survive. Our coaching needs to do a better job to pick up on the blitz.

My sons noticed the tackles made were so much harder and the angles so much better then our defense. They hit and you stopped. Offense is a mess. Dropped passes, No Protection . Flores noticed it and got a new Coach but its not helping.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.