Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins vs. THE Pats!! Game thread.......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Dolphins vs. THE Pats!! Game thread.......
Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 13, 2021 08:06AM

Hey Colonel,

I remember the Fridge and when they would bring him in on short yardage situations near the goal line. I also recall that -/ once in a while they would NOT hand him the ball in those situations—- he sometimes acted as a decoy. I think we should do this with Brisett—bring him in on third and short, then just run another play from the playbook instead of a QB sneak. Or, as TCPF suggests, scrap that practice altogether.

And speaking of the fridge and the Bears, I can not think of that team without remembering the absolutely glorious night in the orange bowl in 1985 when we beat their asses, ruining their bid for an undefeated season. The most exciting game I’ve ever attended.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 13, 2021 08:08AM

Great points Colonel. Especially signs pointing to weakness. I hate to say it but I think Flores sees it too. If this keeps up chatter for Watson will only increase, not die down. TUA had a few decent throws to Waddle and he had a bunch dropped. The Oline doesn't give him time to even step back . He ran that one ball but ........sigh.......I almost want them to keep Brissett in. sad smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Post Game Reaction
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 13, 2021 09:03AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tua is Maybe the 3rd best QB in the AFC East.

I could easily argue that he's the 4th best in our division.

That's a total indictment on what a F-up Chris Grier is.
Case in point: For Tua, he passed on the likes of Justin Herbert, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, and even Mac Jones...
Remember him taking Charles Harris, when he could have taken TJ Watt?! Where's Harris now?

The whole idea of the Tunsil trade, which turned into last year's #3 overall pick, was to make sure we came away with a legit franchise QB...not just another above average WR.
The Cardinals weren't afraid to draft QBs in back to back years, and that proved to be a very wise decision.
Why couldn't Grier do the same thing, thus increasing the odds that we finally come away with a franchise QB for the next 15 years.

Grier really comes across to me as a clueless dolt, way too often for my liking.
Until we fix who is shopping for the groceries, we'll continue to toil in playoff obscurity.
IMO, the writing's on the wall for Grier. He's on borrowed time as Tua continues to prove he's "just a guy", instead of a game changing talent that we've missed at the QB position since...forever

Date: September 13, 2021 10:38AM

Allright. Let's all calm down ( myself included) none of us are feeling TUA but.......we won! 3 other teams including the Bills did not.

The Steelers offense needs work but thier defense was crazy on it. Let's see how next week goes. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 13, 2021 10:59AM

I was frustrated most of the time watching the game but stepped back to realize that any time you walk out of NE with a win, it's a good thing no matter how ugly. In general, over the past 20 years, I'll bet nearly every win by a visiting team in NE is pretty ugly because Belicheck basically takes away what you're good at - your bread & butter - and if you're gonna beat him it's likely gonna be because you did it with your weaker parts somehow.

I don't know who's better between Tua and Mac, but one has one of the most tenured OC's in the league who got to perfect his craft on a historically winning team with Tom Brady...the other is apparently getting playcalls from one guy who isn't one of the two co-OC's. I'd say man-for-man, NE's OL is better at every position than ours currently. I like our skill position players surrounding Tua better than theirs. Kyle Crabbs wrote a piece on the draft network dot com that speaks to these things specifically in relation to Mac much better than I ever could.

All that to say, I like that the NE game to kick off the season gives us a good view into areas where we need to work. Buffalo has our number, so I'm sure we'll see round 2 of things to work on after the upcoming game, as well.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 14, 2021 12:55PM

I was not impressed.

Offense was just average; defense, supposedly the strength of this team, was poor, although they came thru in the clutch. Our pass defense, if you want to call it that....hell, I could have been QBing NE and hit on those throws. It was rare to see anyone close to the receiver; they had free reign on the Fins. Run defense? Uh, not much. Again, its good they were able to get some takeaways. That's the only thing that saved Miami.

Someone on this board (Treasure?) indicated that the defense went down when Davis got hurt. If that is the case, that is a poor reflection on both the coaches and the defense. One guy should not make a difference. The others have to step up.

I'll tell ya, if they play against the Bills like they did against NE, they are in trouble.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 14, 2021 04:57PM

Capkoi if you were ne qb you would not hit those throws with pressure on your face.

That ne qb is a special talent.

Date: September 14, 2021 05:37PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Capkoi if you were ne qb you would not hit those
> throws with pressure on your face.
>
> That ne qb is a special talent.

That's really true. We hit him hard ...we were in his face and he still stayed focused and made 1st downs. Mac Jones is the real deal. Not afraid. He's either going to get hurt or He's just going to develop into a nightmare.

I'm going to try and get the Tampa game next week in New England. That's going to be interesting.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Re: Post Game Reaction
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 14, 2021 08:19PM

socalphin Wrote:
> Hooligan2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Tua is Maybe the 3rd best QB in the AFC East.
>
> I could easily argue that he's the 4th best in our
> division.
>
> That's a total indictment on what a F-up Chris
> Grier is.
> Case in point: For Tua, he passed on the likes of
> Justin Herbert, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, and
> even Mac Jones...
> Remember him taking Charles Harris, when he could
> have taken TJ Watt?! Where's Harris now?
>
> The whole idea of the Tunsil trade, which turned
> into last year's #3 overall pick, was to make sure
> we came away with a legit franchise QB...not just
> another above average WR.
> The Cardinals weren't afraid to draft QBs in back
> to back years, and that proved to be a very wise
> decision.
> Why couldn't Grier do the same thing, thus
> increasing the odds that we finally come away with
> a franchise QB for the next 15 years.
>
>
> Grier really comes across to me as a clueless
> dolt, way too often for my liking.
> Until we fix who is shopping for the groceries,
> we'll continue to toil in playoff obscurity.
> IMO, the writing's on the wall for Grier. He's on
> borrowed time as Tua continues to prove he's "just
> a guy", instead of a game changing talent that
> we've missed at the QB position since...forever

I remember the Redskins drafting RGIII and then Kirk Cousins for insurance in the very same draft. Turned out to be a smart move. Grier would never have the balls to do something like that.

Date: September 15, 2021 04:00AM

Tcpf did you see the shots he took?

Some say there was no passrush on the phins part. There was and they hit him and hit him hard. He just found a way to get rid of the football accurately.

Date: September 15, 2021 04:37AM

Take 2 QBs? It's a silly move IMO.

First your signaling your not 100% sure about your first pick. You shouldn't be making it at all if your not confident.

Second....one will be a wasted pick even if they both hit. You don't take picks that might be worth a trade later on. That doesn't make a team better.

Getting your first pick tight does. Just my $0.02

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 15, 2021 04:40AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Tcpf did you see the shots he took?
>
> Some say there was no passrush on the phins part.
> There was and they hit him and hit him hard. He
> just found a way to get rid of the football
> accurately.

No doubt. We had a good Pass Rush. He just didn't care. He was like a matador looking at a bull and just had no fear.
That's awesome......but hes gonna get hurt eventually, he didn't side step , nothing . He made those completions and then got clobered. He's tough.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 15, 2021 05:25AM

Maybe he did care. Because it hurts. And i agree....he aint going to last taking those shots.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2021 05:27AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 15, 2021 05:45AM

Jones played in his first season NFL game. He weathered the storm, as they say, and will only improve. His rate of improvement may be quicker than improvement by Tua. The system and coaching at NE is perhaps the best anywhere--that makes a difference.

As for Tua, we all are looking for that stunning game where he is fleet of foot, keeps the opposing D confused, completes short and long passes and throws 4 TDs. To do that he must be error free and avoid being sacked. He needs time to quarterback which must be generated by solid O-line. Let's all hope the O-line improves soon.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 16, 2021 03:40PM

I recommend watching Tim Jenkins's film breakdown of Tua's play. It gave me some confidence in Tua after watching it and hearing a QB coach explaining some fundamentals. He had some good things to say about Tua's abilities. It's on the USA Today Dolphins Wire.

I know we're excited and don't want to see him bust while we watch other QB's look good. That throw away for the INT at the end made him look pretty bad but I don't think we'll see that same mistake moving forward. Watch the film breakdown and feel better, much better.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.