HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          This should be interesting...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
This should be interesting...
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: August 15, 2021 10:51AM

...when we open the season with Jacoby Brissett as our starting QB.

Huh! How is that going to sit the fan base? Can't wait to find out!!

If B-Flo is true to his word, the best players will start, and so far, Brissett is WAAAY better than Tua. And it's not even close.

This thought crossed my mind when we first signed Jacoby, after Fitz's departure: Could Brissett actually be an upgrade over Tua and Fitzy??
I knew Flores is very familiar with him from his NE days.

After yesterday's QB game performances vs the Bears, I'd have to lean towards JB at this point in time.
Great size (6-4, 235 lbs), great vision, a plus strong arm, mobile, can break tackles in the pocket and escape and extend plays. All attributes that Tua just doesn't possess, and cant learn.

All this just proves my point that Chris Grier is a complete buffoon.
It's either that, or he's an infiltrated double agent working for the Patriots, to purposely sabotage this team from the inside.
Think about it:
Johnathan Martin
Deon Jordan
Charles Harris
and took Tua over Justin Herbert on national TV!
Need I say more?!

We're on the verge of seeing another traveled veteran QB come in and beat out our 2020 #5 overall pick, while the #6 overall pick will go on to set rookie records, and fill the Chargers' QB spot for the next 15 years.

At least Chris will never have to buy a beer when he's ever at a Chargers game. Cheers Chris!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This should be interesting...
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 15, 2021 12:59PM

"Chris will never have to buy a beer when he's ever at a Chargers game."

You may be right Socalphin.

I too would like to see more from Tua. He speaks confidently post-game, and that's a positive, however, I sense that he's tentative in actual play. I don't see that he's comfortable (read confident) throwing to some players. He is confident with Gesicki. He needs more practice time throwing to receivers that are expected to start. Those receivers always seem to have some malady that prevents them from performing. Injuries, if real, leaves Tua left to throw to second or third string players. Where's the chemistry for the QB and WR to mesh if they don't practice together often.

I can't give up on Tua, no reason to do so at the moment, however, he's still in a probationary status with me. He may be well beyond that with the front office because of all they have spent getting him and trying to build a corps of players to match his skill set.

We all need to see how things develop in the second game. Tua should play the entire 2nd game, IMO along with the obvious starting WRs and TEs.

Date: August 15, 2021 04:18PM

Saw nothing that would make me proclaim TUA as our starting QB for the future. But nothing that made it unattainable either. TUA played just a quarter of football, made 1 bad read to a receiver he's not used to playing with. "Probationary status" is a good way of putting it.

That said if Brisett comes out like Tanny did to Mioata .....I have no issue with him being named starter. I dont care how we get our starter. Lets just get him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 16, 2021 03:13AM

Tua's our starting QB case closed. If Brissett were a starting nfl qb he would not be here. I hear Dan Campbell fired his strength & conditioning coach in DET. Phins should take note. I understand Campbells msg was you were supposed to take care of my players and you are not.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.