HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Preseason: Dolphins and Bears thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Preseason: Dolphins and Bears thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 14, 2021 02:46AM

This off-season has been a long one, it seems. Finally, the teams begin to scrimmage to see who will be starters, who will be part of the bench strength and who will be cut.

Today, the Dolphins play their first of 3 pre-season "games" beginning at 1pm. I will watch it and record it because of all the new numbers with new names to watch and re-watch.

The Dolphins may have a tougher time this year selecting their top talent.

Go Dolphins!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Preseason: Dolphins and Bears thread
Date: August 14, 2021 05:58AM

Lots of competition at several positions!! Should be a good one!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 14, 2021 08:39AM

TUA looks super improved. I don't like that double pump...but his instincts are solid when he trusts them.

Hollins!!!!smileys with beer

Bad news....That oline. We will need to trade for a Olineman.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 14, 2021 08:42AM

Tua has done rather well in the passing game so far....with out running game whatsoever.

Give him a running game and he will be a star...

Gaskin just had a great 10 yard run finnally.

Date: August 14, 2021 08:45AM

Spoke too soon....Mental imistake by tua....He had the entire field to run and he threw into coverage....Growin pains...

Good that it happens now than in the regular season...

Its not good news to other teams that tua still has a lot of room to improve...He will be alright.

Date: August 14, 2021 08:50AM

Who was the foooools that wanted jakeem grant gone? Please.

Open your eyes fools.

Date: August 14, 2021 08:51AM

Grant earns his paycheck just by returning punts and giving us good field position.

Date: August 14, 2021 09:30AM

Justin Fields is going to be good. The Jets will be sorry they passed on him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 14, 2021 10:51AM

I liked what I saw of TUA.One bad decision that cost them a touchdown. Gaskin, Ahmed, and Laird can run the ball...but the oline seems adept/average at Pass Protection, running not so much.

Defensive scrubs need work.

Lots of film to watch. This is where the coaches earn thier money.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 14, 2021 11:27AM

In a word, "unimpressive." sad smiley

I expected to see a better offensive line. Disappointed.

Agree, Fields is going to be good, with a capital G.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 14, 2021 12:10PM

Our first team was better than CHI's first team.

Tua looks ready. That was an awful int he just cannot do that. The db did appear to want the pass more than Shaheen.

I liked what I saw from Dieter at center.

I hope they consider flipping Hunt (back to RT) and Davis (to G).

Good to see Bowden make some catches had not read much of him lately.

Bissett looks like the ideal backup.

Sinnett has the 'nfl arm' you hear about. He could develop imo.

We need an oline coach. The defense is in better position than our olineman in the run game. For that past 20 years it seems.

Malcom Brown did not impress. First preseason game and not sure its the oline but I would say Laird's position is safe right now.

Iggy was in the right spot on 2 plays and that was good to see.

Coleman and Pankey did not look that bad in pass protection in the second half. I would like to see the F/O acquire a veteran backup T.

We had about 10 key players that did not suit up and ran a vanilla D in the first half, taking that into consideration I like what I saw in the first half.

The second half concerned me. No one really took charge of the front 7 on D and made plays. I would expect more from guys looking to make the roster (like Benito Jones,Ledbetter).

Date: August 14, 2021 02:20PM

I think Tua will have a good season. Peyton Manning was a INT machine his first season.

Dolphins are going to have to pay Giesicki.

Comes down to the same old same old....Oline sucks. The coaches see it and are trying to work a trade.

We passed on some really nice blue chip Olinemen in the draft but 1 lineman won't fix this line.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 15, 2021 01:24AM

Upon review, Tua shows some comfortableness throwing to Gesicki but not with other receivers at this time. He needs to get more practice time in with other receivers. The interception pass resulted because Tua misjudged the distance the ball had to travel, its speed, and the closing defensive coverage as well as lack of comfortableness throwing to Shaheen. Intensive throwing practice to key receivers is a must, IMO.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: August 15, 2021 04:33AM

I only watched the first quarter, so I'm going to trust Mizzou's detailed review and assessment of the entire game. Thanks for posting all that Mizzou!

From what I did see, I wasn't impressed with Miami's red zone run blocking. Flores got a good look at that when Miami had to settle for a FG.

Although Tua threw that INT he should be fine. I'd rather he takes risks threading the needle instead of looking indecisive, and now is the time to do it before wins and losses really count. I think he looks way more confident and relaxed now compared to last season.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 15, 2021 04:39AM

Tua should not have thrown that pass to begin with. 1st and 10, drop back makes quick reads WRs are covered, back looks open but he is not, double coverage in the end zone. Throw it away! Stupid int this is not college.

Saying that we did have 4 of our top WRs inactive on yesterday so all things considered he was not bad but one play like that can cost us a game. Just cannot walk away from the red zone w/out points and that was 100% on him.

Really think the oline issue is coaching we can bring anyone in and the results will be the same. Jackson imo still takes too long to make contact and got plain beat on that TD throw. Im afraid that he is going to get our QB killed one game just as he did at USC. That play could have ended up with Brissett rolling on the ground. His mistakes need to be ironed out and yesterday he looked the same as he did in 2020, coaching.

Dieter looks as if he is ready to play in his 3rd season, did it really need to take that long?

Also question team strength along the Oline and D front. Our guys look to be in condition but CHI looked stronger along the fronts.

We can be good but the coaching staff needs to decide if they want this team to be great. They have players so coach them.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: August 15, 2021 04:42AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TUA looks super improved. I don't like that double
> pump...but his instincts are solid when he trusts
> them.

I actually like the double pump. It can sometimes fool defenders to make them hesitate and give the receiver a better advantage at getting open. Same theory as a play action pass play after the snap. Deception is a good thing.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 15, 2021 06:42AM

I'm not reading much into the game either. Miami and Chicago had just finished a couple days of joint practices, of course Tua looked comfortable out there. Red zones is where teams get a little more serious, even in a practice. Even going back to Chad Henne, there never has been a problem moving the ball between the 20s. It's the red zone that separates the grain from the chafe.
I read the recaps of all the games on NFL.com. All the rookie and 2nd year QBs looked sharp. Nothing to see here folks, bring on the Falcons.

Date: August 15, 2021 10:45AM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > TUA looks super improved. I don't like that
> double
> > pump...but his instincts are solid when he
> trusts
> > them.
>
>
> I actually like the double pump. It can sometimes
> fool defenders to make them hesitate and give the
> receiver a better advantage at getting open. Same
> theory as a play action pass play after the snap.
> Deception is a good thing.

I hear ya. But adding to the Colonels point about new receivers and consistency...........I think the double pump confuses new receivers as well who are not used to TUA's traits. Is the double pump a tactic or more of his rookie quirks? not fully prepared to throw? He's a pocket QB. He needs to read the field and step up and throw. Boom. IMO.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 16, 2021 04:27AM

Tua also has chemistry with this receiver tend forgot his name tall thin with dreads...tua connected with him i think 3 or 4 times...this receiver has some swag....4 top receivers not playing and they are ready to cut tua. Lol thats laughable.

Date: August 16, 2021 05:36AM

Mack hollins is it?

Date: August 16, 2021 05:41AM

I. Believe there were a couple of rec that were denied because of penalties.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.