HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Cut Chris Grier
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Cut Chris Grier
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: August 04, 2021 06:07AM

Once it's too painfully obvious that Chris Grier is a clueless baffoon when it comes to choosing franchise QBs, he'll be let go.

He bypassed Justin Herbert(Marino 2.0) when he had him sitting in his lap for the taking.

Then, he proceeds to pass on Trey Lance, the guy who will be starting for the Niners this year. John Lynch played Grier like a fiddle.

And now, here we sit with w Tua. A QB who will never be in the top 15 at his position in the league.
Meanwhile Herbert and Lance will be playing in multiple conference finals during their careers.

You just cant miss that bad and that often on franchise changing opportunities.

The #1 assignment for this organization was to find a legit franchise QB during this rebuild from the Gase era...and as time will tell, that didn't happen.

So now we'll wait another 2-3 years for another opportunity to arise to land our next Marino.
Hopefully then, whoever's in charge, won't throw up down the front of their shirt , like Grier did.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cut Chris Grier
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 04, 2021 06:40AM

I know there is a lot of geniouses want to bees.

But i just cant understand how anyone proclaims a qb a bust after his rookie year when he had no pre season no training camp practically and coming back from injury?

I want to see the future as well so i can play just one powerball ticket. It will take just one dollar.

Date: August 04, 2021 07:41AM

I think most telling is the many references to grabbing another "Marino".
If that's what your waiting for you will leave this world one day very disappointed. There was only 1 Marino.
Winning a Superbowl is what I'm after not a QB who can literally thread a needle with a football. Passed on Hubert? Name someone at that time that thought that was a mistake? And....place Hubert here who is to say he has the same success? You don't know that. Be fair. Give Tua a full off-season, Next year I'll gladly re visit this conversation.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 04, 2021 10:50AM

Well, Socalphin, you stirred the pot. It's hard to predict how good or bad the Dolphins aerial game will be. You may be correct in your opinion that TUA is no good and then, maybe you will be wrong. I believe that we need to see how the offense plays this season. If Tua can't connect with his receivers, can't move the offense and can't put TDs on the board, you will surely have more fans thinking like you are, right now. We will have a good idea after we play a few of the best teams. Maybe, just maybe, we'll be one of them. That would be nice, right?

Date: August 04, 2021 12:23PM

Right on Colonel. No way I'm saying TUA is going to be this or that. I honestly dont know , I feel its possible and as a Dolphin fan I'm pulling for it to happen with some conservative optimism . Last year he had so many things going on, coming off a major injury , receiver injuries, no off season......Its one thing to have no off season , But right out of college and he didn't play his last year. Wow. Give the guy a break. I love his attitude. He said I NEED TO PLAY BETTER. No blaming game, no excuses.....and no one would have blamed him if he made a few. They were quite relevant.

I get it if your not all aboard but yelling for firings at this point makes no sense at all. The offense can only get better at this point.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 04, 2021 01:39PM

I'm still firm in my belief that Tua was Ross' pick and not Grier's. I believe Grier gets a pass on this one. What worries me is that Tua is just good enough to keep Ross in his corner and that Flores will get the blame if after a few years the team is still just treading water and not making any strong play-off push. You have to give Tua a couple of years but, PLEASE,, not 7 years like Tannehill.

Date: August 04, 2021 03:26PM

Lol!? If TUA starts throwing 4000+ yds you all will shit yourselves. Don't bring Tannehill into this. The Jury may be out still on TUA but Tannehill proved he wasn't the problem here in Miami. If Flores stuck with Tannehill and gave him a supporting cast like Tennessee.....Miami would be in the AFC Championship.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 05, 2021 04:25AM

Yeah you get any pro qb a pro bowl team around him he will do as good as tannehill. Tannehill is judy one of 32 nfl qbs. He is probably in the middle of the pack when it comes to talent.

Date: August 05, 2021 08:15AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah you get any pro qb a pro bowl team around him
> he will do as good as tannehill. Tannehill is judy
> one of 32 nfl qbs. He is probably in the middle of
> the pack when it comes to talent.

Top 10 actually according to the NFL stats.

Your point makes no sense.(as usual)I have about 100 quotes from you stating the QB is numero 1 position. We need a new QB. Draft a first round QB ......blah blah blah.

Now your saying any Pro QB can win with a pro bowl team? Lol. Then why weren't you crying for a better defense ever?

Stop it. You contradict yourself everytime you open your mouth because your not honest.

I knew Tannehill was a Pro bowler.I knew it. He just wasn't given the tools to succeed here.I went to the practices.I saw his speed, his skill. TUA I can't go to bat for like that. Not Yet. I'm pulling for him though.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 05, 2021 08:57AM

You and your boy tannehill.

The fact is he stunk here. Thats why im not a fan of him.

And tennessee is going to realize that too soon.

Tannehill will always find a way to stink in crunch time. Just like he did here. And not one playoff appearance.

Again tennesee is going to realize how bad he is just at the right time when it matters.

Date: August 05, 2021 12:13PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> You and your boy tannehill.
>
> The fact is he stunk here. Thats why im not a fan
> of him.
>
> And tennessee is going to realize that too soon.
>
> Tannehill will always find a way to stink in
> crunch time. Just like he did here. And not one
> playoff appearance.
>
> Again tennesee is going to realize how bad he is
> just at the right time when it matters.

Really.......as usual your speaking from your ass and not any FACTS.

6 – game-winning drives in 2020, which led the NFL.

7.2 – his touchdown percentage for the Titans, which means that 7.2 out of every 100 pass attempts have gone for touchdowns.

8.6 – average yards per pass attempt overall, including an NFL best 9.6 in 2019.

19 – times in 26 regular-season starts, he has had a passer rating of 100 or better. Nine of his top 12 have been with Tennessee, including 117.5 in 2019, which ranks as the fifth highest in NFL history.

Let me repeat that for you in Spanish because It has to be the language barrier, you cant be that stupid:

117.5 en 2019, que se clasifica como el quinto más alto en la historia de la NFL.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 05, 2021 01:30PM

Guys, this thread isn't about Tannehill but whether Tua will significantly improve over last season. He's not been given enough time to be a bust. All of us will be happy if he can move the offense efficiently and score points with his arm. Give him a chance to succeed or fail. He deserves a chance to prove himself.

Date: August 05, 2021 02:33PM

Tcpf one day youll get all tannehill did was crap on this team and never ever won crap for us. You just in love with his face. And when he is done crapping on tennesee....thry will also realize tannehill just doent have it.

Dont worry will remind you what a crappy qb he is once he loses another game for tennesee when it counts.

Just like i reminded you last year when he showed how great he was and threw that game ending int .

Date: August 05, 2021 02:38PM

And then you just like last year like an ostrich will sink your head into the ground cry about it and come up with any excuse for tsnnehill stinking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2021 02:40PM by samsam3738.

Date: August 05, 2021 04:57PM

Stupid is as stupid does.
You know it. Your just not man enough to admit you were wrong. RASIN nuts.

Colonel....absolutely. that's why I included the fact I can't back TUA like I did Tannehill. I knew he was a Probowler. He became a Probowler and League leader in passing once given the opportunity.
TUA has alot to prove.....but he deserves that chance to prove himself a leader and a winning starting QB like Tannehill finally did.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2021 09:12PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: August 09, 2021 01:16PM

You yalking about been man enough?

You? Whos in love with tannehill?

Give me a break.

Date: August 09, 2021 04:11PM

I've proved he's a probowler.
A Division champ.He earned another franchise QB salary after you said he would be carrying a clipboard and "riding the pine" for the rest of his career.

You having nothing as usual. Maybe this season you can actually do a Google search before posting? Actually give educated,factual, knowledgeable replies?

Thanks RASIN nuts!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 10, 2021 07:02AM

You critisize marino for not winning a superbowl many times. You will have to do the same with tannehill. He been in the league what 9 or ten years already and no ring. A he has a way better team in tenesee than marino ever had. Clock is ticking on your boy.

Date: August 10, 2021 09:34AM

Really? Once again.....I ask you do a Google search and educate yourself before posting.

Marino actually was drafted ONTO a Superbowl team.

Tannehill was drafted number 7 overall because the team was so bad. AND he never had Shula coaching him.

Marino never won a Superbowl because his team was never good enough.

Weather Tannehill wins it all or not will depend on his team. Either way he's proved you a ding dong several times over. tongue sticking out smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 10, 2021 10:51AM

No Ive proved you in love with a piece of crap player.

Thats the logical explanation for all of this.

He didnt win jack for the phins.

And you choose to diss marino the best dolphins qb of alltime and praise tannehill. All tannehill did was lose consistently for the phins.

Not one playoff appearance by the tannehill scrub.

Its a guarantee you want tennesse and tannehill to beat us this year since they play us in the regular season.

I know you will be reaaaaady for this game.

Sitting in a chair with a tannehill strap on and everything.

Phins 45
Tennessee ZIP

Date: August 10, 2021 01:39PM

How do you expect anyone here to ever respect a word you say if you just make it up as you go along? You said Tannehill would leave here and never start .

I'll always root for my Dolphins. You didn't. You said you wanted them to lose just to get a 1st round high pick. All you wanted was a new QB while we had a Pro bowler sitting there. Dummy.

Your a shitty fan . Your consistently wrong ....consistently have no facts .....hell didn't just last week you said Miami had 3 Superbowl wins! Sammy Superbowl or Sammy Raisin nuts?

eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 10, 2021 05:43PM

Sammy superbowl:

New
Posted by: samsam3738
Date: July 08, 2021 10:20AM

Only undefeated season and 3 superbowl wins.

eye rolling smiley it's OK Sam. facts just aren't your thing huh?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 11, 2021 09:05AM

so what 2 superbowl wins..typo..is that all you can come up with?

You on the other hand would love to sleep with a tannehill blow up doll.

Date: August 11, 2021 09:09AM

And i said i wanted them to lose when the season is over and they had no shot at playoffs. Of course i wanted them to lose the rest of games and get a higher draft pick.

But you are already known here as a pathological liar.

Don't worry we already know your flaws.

You can't help it.

Date: August 11, 2021 04:40PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> so what 2 superbowl wins..typo..is that all you
> can come up with?
>
> You on the other hand would love to sleep with a
> tannehill blow up doll.

Lol. No. Thats just this week bro......and its not a typo. Your a ding dong. Wrong again and won't own it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 12, 2021 04:42AM

As usual you are wrong again. Im just happy tannehill is gone. If it was up to you he would still be here. And you would blame everybody else coaches players even the dog for his inconsistencies. Glad your bff is gone.

Date: August 12, 2021 06:24AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> As usual you are wrong again. Im just happy
> tannehill is gone. If it was up to you he would
> still be here. And you would blame everybody else
> coaches players even the dog for his
> inconsistencies. Glad your bff is gone.

I definitely not glad he's gone. But HES GONE. That's for sure. I've moved on and can't wait to watch TUA tommorrow night.

But pertaining to your statement above.......how do you account for his success as soon as he left here if he's so bad? eye rolling smiley

Maybe because you were Wrong. A terrible fan and act like a Ding Dong?

Never in my life have I ever rooted against Miami.I grew up in NYC fighting Jets fans in the bathroom at Giants Stadium. You will scream tank for the draft after the next bump in the road.

But in your world....we won 3 Superbowls.....so whatever Ding dong.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 12, 2021 09:09AM

Oh stop with you stupidity already. 2 or 3 big deal.

But one thing you cant deny.

You are hot for a wet firecracka.

Date: August 12, 2021 09:10AM

Btw it will be 3 soon.

Date: August 12, 2021 09:15AM

Quote: how do you account for his success when he left here?

Answer....easy....he has one of the best teams talent wise in tennesee. Including the best running game in the nfl....any mediocre qb would be successfull playing for tennesee.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.