HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Draft maneuvers
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Draft maneuvers
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 29, 2021 08:24AM

I could see us now moving out of 6 to 7 -9 and picking up extra picks and the Tunsil legend grows! Heard Joe Rose yesterday he seemed to agree

Rumor has niners now taking Mac Jones at 3, so play Lions, Panthers, Broncos against each other for Fields or Lance.

Will Falcons take Pitts at 4? Updating this as could see them trading out with someone

Jags Lawrence
Jets Wilson
Niners Jones
Panthers? Lance ?
Sewell or Chase. If mgmt I take Sewell , they have receivers, Burrow rumored to be lobbying for Chase

At 6-10 That leaves potentially 5 of the following

Sewell
Pitts
Lance
Fields
Chase
Waddle
Smith

Pitts, Chase Waddle or Smith plus a pick or two, just makes sense

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2021 12:22PM by jlyell13.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Draft maneuvers
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 29, 2021 08:31AM

Keep moving down. Soon we going to be in round 2 without a first round pick and 32 seventh rounders. Thats tcpf style drafting.

Date: March 29, 2021 11:07AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keep moving down. Soon we going to be in round 2
> without a first round pick and 32 seventh
> rounders. Thats tcpf style drafting.

Hey.......32 shots we have to land on at least 1!!!

LOL!! Yeah Baby........ and the entire 7th round belongs to MIAMI!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 29, 2021 11:13AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> I could see us now moving out of 6 to 7 -9 and
> picking up extra picks and the Tunsil legend
> grows! Heard Joe Rose yesterday he seemed to agree
>
>
> Rumor has niners now taking Mac Jones at 3, so
> play Lions, Panthers, Broncos against each other
> for Fields or Lance.
>
> Will Falcons take Pitts at 4?
>
> Lawrence
> Wilson
> Jones
> ?
> Sewell or Chase. If mgmt I take Sewell , they have
> receivers, Burrow rumored to be lobbying for
> Chase
>
> At 6-10 That leaves potentially 5 of the following
>
>
>
>
> Sewell
> Pitts
> Lance
> Fields
> Chase
> Waddle
> Smith
>
>
> Pitts, Chase Waddle or Smith plus a pick or two,
> just makes sense

According to draft boards Miami either has their heart set on 1 player or has 4 non QB's that will be available at #6.

So moving back 1 to 7 if they can still get their guy is a possibility.

I dont think PITTS gets past #4. Definitely wont fall to #6.

That leaves us with Sewell or Chase in best estimation and I'd take Sewell all day long in that scenario.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 30, 2021 08:21AM

I'm hoping........4 QBs go in the first 4 rounds.

Depends on Atlanta.....if they take a QB then Cinn is definitely taking Chase or Sewell.

Leaving us......... PITTS. The best non QB player in the draft. 6'6" 235 pounds of explosive pass catching /blocking ability. Exactly what TUA ordered for early Christmas.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 30, 2021 06:47PM

TCPF I think QB will now go top 4, whether Atlanta makes the pick or trades out is the question and possibly at 6 now

So we need to take Pitts Sewell or Chase, or trade down to 7-9 get extra picks and still get Pitts, Sewell, Chase, Waddle or Smith.

I think we expected this when knowing niners were moving up for Jones and worked the Eagles on getting back to 6

Date: March 30, 2021 07:53PM

Man......if we get additional just to move down slightly AND still get the man we want......ill officially call the Phins luck changed! I'm hoping its PITTS.....but we can't go wrong with any of those three. Waddle would be a reach. Chase, Pitts, or Sewell is an epic pick with all the extra picks as well!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2021 01:00AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: April 01, 2021 08:23AM

If we get sewell with first overall pick knowing we need receivers to compliment tua....if we get sewell i will throw up.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 01, 2021 08:42AM

I think we hold at 6. I think Pitts, Chase and Sewell were the 3 non qbs worthy of the #3 pick and right now I think Pitts (ATL) and Chase (CIN) will be gone when we pick. With that I would bring in Sewell at 6. I still want to bring in the value at #6 that we would have gotten at #3. I would consider trading down the #18 but I would hold the #6.

Date: April 01, 2021 08:52AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> If we get sewell with first overall pick knowing
> we need receivers to compliment tua....if we get
> sewell i will throw up.

That perfectly encases you Sam. It describes you to a "T" the last 5 yrs.

Sorry brother......I like to joke but you are a selfish poster. I'm not denying you love the dolphins but I'm not so sure you would rather be right then win.

Choosing Sewell has become my second choice , but not by much. In fact deep down I believe its the smartest and safest move we can make to ultimately help TUA be successful.

However after reading , watching , LISTENING....(thats a big one , LISTENING) to many people over the past few months I now believe PITTS would just be so incredibly dynamic and a huge playmaker giving the Miami offense so many options to score and get better. Players like him dont come around too often. So Many fast smaller receivers but a guy his size is rare.

Chase is my third option but Heck I know he would be a great addition to this team as well. I'd love it.

To say Sewell would not be your first choice .....but still a great addition to this team you would also have to admit you were wrong. You were wrong not just about Sewell but everything you said about Olinemen and ultimately show your limited limited knowledge on how the games played and your ignorance to actually "LISTEN" (there's that word again) and become educated about a player and the game.

Its a sad trait you refuse to shed going back to the early days of Tannehill and not seeing how its was other factors that led to his not being successful here.

PITTS/ Sewell/Chase .......at # 6 One of them if not 2 should be available . That's why Miami traded up and back. They want one of them. They got another first rounder and will still get a great player at #6.

ALL three are incredible players and Miami will get one of them. Who it is only fate knows , But I really feel Miami cant lose with either/any of them. To say you would "throw up" if Sewell is that guy only shows your pure ignorance/selfishness and wanting to be right over what's good for the Dolphins. And sadly you would root for his demise if drafted. Thus hurting our Team greatly.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2021 08:54AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: April 01, 2021 09:08AM

No i wish him well. I just dont think he will make a difference. We got good young oline players.

You probably said the same thing about jake long that you say about sewell....overall getting a couple receivers and rbs in first round will make bigger impact on offense than a oline player. And you know it.

Date: April 01, 2021 09:23AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> No i wish him well. I just dont think he will make
> a difference. We got good young oline players.
>
> You probably said the same thing about jake long
> that you say about sewell....overall getting a
> couple receivers and rbs in first round will make
> bigger impact on offense than a oline player. And
> you know it.

No I wanted them to trade that first pick and not draft Jake. Sadly although he turned out to be a great Olineman Miami never gave him a QB to block for.

By the time Tanny got here he was toast.

Let me ask you a question Sam...do you even know where Miami’s oline ranked last season against oher teams?

Few teams invested more in improving the offensive line than the Dolphins did entering the 2020 season , your right about that. They spent draft picks on Austin Jackson in the first round, Robert Hunt in the second round and Solomon Kindley in the fourth round .

Additionally, Miami brought in players such as Ereck Flowers and Ted Karras in free agency in an attempt to sure up the interior......and to be fair, the Dolphins were improved along the offensive line this season, but they set the bar so low in 2019 that this was still one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. They are one of the Top 5 worst olines.

2nd rounder Hunt showed promise and should improve with a full off season and practice. C Karras is gone. Jackson a first rounder might be a bust and Kindly did not impress. All young and hopefully will improve. HOPEFULLY. This exactly why I preach MORE draft picks.Sam......you can't pick 3 Olineman and hit on all three. Thats just not realistic. You can't say in a upcoming draft....well we picked 3 last year... WE GOOD.

How you can't see a presence like Sewell, who can play instantly.....improving TUAs play (who is a left hander) is either pure ignorance or stubbornness on your part.

Sewell is the best pick as far as improving TUA immediately is concerned.

But PITTS is just that good. He can really help if we improve the oline in other ways. But know of this... .our Oline still needs a ton of work. You make like we have young probowlers on the Oline.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2021 09:39AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: April 01, 2021 10:25AM

Our current young players in the oline will be even better this year.

They look bad ay times because tua took too long at times to throw football. He was just a rookie..now tua is a year older and will have training camp and preseason under his belt and most of all not coming recently from injury. The current oline we have will be better as well.

No need for a oline in the first round.

Date: April 01, 2021 10:58AM

Also we ran the ball pretty well with a couple of unknown out of nowhere players. I gotta think due to oline

Give this oline a couple more years of training camp pre season and weight training and they will be a force.

Date: April 01, 2021 11:03AM

Again. No sewell. They gotta be crazy to go oline in the first round when our receiving corps is one of the worst in NFL.

When we have no star quality Running backs.

We must also get a first round rb. There is going to be at least 2 of them that are worthy of been drafted in the first round. You know who they are.

Date: April 01, 2021 12:52PM

Sewell will protect TUA instantly. You obviously don't know enough about how the oline works or respect it enough .

Its why I kept Telling you Tannehill was a probowl QB we just needed Oline help and all you wanted was more big splashes on draft day. You really should learn about all positions, not just QB , reciever, and Runningback.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 01, 2021 01:13PM

We got many oline players for tannehill. actually he had a decent line with phins. He just wasnt good enough in crunch time....he was just as good as what he is with tennesee. A good qb in regular season until he has to make a play in the fourth to win a game. Then he chickens out.

Date: April 01, 2021 01:17PM

Its just not in his DNA to win a game when it matters in the playoffs. Glad he is gone to make other fans miserable. i couldnt take his inconsistencies any more.

Date: April 01, 2021 01:21PM

And then he had that stupid grin in the sidelines like he thought he was good....When in reality he always stunk....Yes he won a few games against bad teams but when it mattered he failed everytime miserably.

he coudnt even win this year when he had one of the best defenses and pound for pound best running game in the NFL.

Had marino had that team he has in tennessee, he would had won many superbowls.

But its like comparing night and day.

Date: April 01, 2021 01:23PM

And stop bringing up tannehills subject...YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH THAt SCRUB.

Date: April 01, 2021 03:02PM

We did get many Olinemen.And most did not work out. Its why we need to get more. Its a big diverse position. More then ever with a LEFT handed QB. You think you pick a lineman and your done?

Its a position that constantly needs upgrading.needs tweeking. ITS THE TRENCHES. A guy like Sewell will cement his side for a decade. Do you have any idea how rare that is?

Sam your ignorance is alarming. Worse then I thought.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 02, 2021 04:53AM

And you are too dumb to realize that what we need is receivers and rbs. Two of our weakest positions last year.

Date: April 02, 2021 05:16AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> And you are too dumb to realize that what we need
> is receivers and rbs. Two of our weakest positions
> last year.

BUT......I said numerous times I want our first round pick to be PITTS. Last time I checked he played a position where the QB throws him the ball?drinking smiley

And I said our #18 pick should be Harris a RB ....unless and only if Surtain II is still on the board.

There you go again . Not "Listening ". There's that word again...)

BTW I found another interesting stat:
Miami took 34 sacks last season, and Tagovailoa was blitzed at the fourth-highest rate in the league (35.3% of his dropbacks).”

Picking Sewell may not be your first choice but it would certainly not make anyone need to Hurl as you put it .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 02, 2021 05:31AM

We need to get that receiver and the rb from bama. With 6th and 18th.

They were thinking of trading up from 18th to 16th to get a guard.

That would be the most foolish move by the phins ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2021 05:34AM by samsam3738.

Date: April 02, 2021 05:56AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> We need to get that receiver and the rb from bama.
> With 6th and 18th.
>
> They were thinking of trading up from 18th to 16th
> to get a guard.
>
> That would be the most foolish move by the phins
> ever.

That was just a mock draft by another pundit....its what they do before the draft. They make wild speculations and throw shit on the wall hoping some of it will stick and they can claim genius status.

BUT others do see the need for Miami to fix our line if TUA is going to be successful. No QB can be successful without help. Its why at the end of a successful season QB's buy their Oline Rolex watches and stuff. I've never heard of a lineman buying a QB anything except time. Time to throw the ball. You may not like "big fat lineman" Because you dont watch the game. You stare at the screen and only see a QB/ Receiver/ Runningback. Lots of players in motion trying to excute 1 goal. Those lineman can make or break a great QB/receiver/Runningback.

The foolish move would be to ignore it like our past teams. I like Flores he has a great grasp of the game and what's important to succeed.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 02, 2021 08:33AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Again. No sewell. They gotta be crazy to go oline
> in the first round when our receiving corps is one
> of the worst in NFL.
>
> When we have no star quality Running backs.
>
> We must also get a first round rb. There is going
> to be at least 2 of them that are worthy of been
> drafted in the first round. You know who they are.

Another good point I heard today is TUA is a pocket QB. A left handed one at that. When the pocket collapses like it did several times last year mobile guys like Fitz will scramble and get out of it......sometimes. Thats why TUA was sacked 35 times , he was getting crushed before the play could develop or too fast for him as a rookie to read the defense and make a play.

We need to shore up that Oline and give him protection , we need t customize that line FOR him. For this Team. For our offense. Are you getting it yet Sam? Probably not and I don't know why I waste my time trying actually.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 02, 2021 09:01AM

WE ALREADY WASTED A FIRST ROUNDER ON A OLINE PLAYER LAST YEAR>...

WE DONE THAT MANY TIMES AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE TODAY> NO RECEIVER WORTH JACK AND NO RB WORTH JACK.

Get that through your sick head.

Not saying we shouldnt address the Oline but not in the first round.

Maybe one day you will get it.

Date: April 02, 2021 10:00AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> WE ALREADY WASTED A FIRST ROUNDER ON A OLINE
> PLAYER LAST YEAR>...
>
> WE DONE THAT MANY TIMES AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE
> TODAY> NO RECEIVER WORTH JACK AND NO RB WORTH
> JACK.
>
> Get that through your sick head.
>
> Not saying we shouldnt address the Oline but not
> in the first round.
>
> Maybe one day you will get it.

But you said it yourself Sam...the best players are only the first round.

Which is it Sam? Can we still get good players in the lower rounds? Not according to you.

You only care about the sexy positions. You have a very limited football IQ and you make it up as you go along.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 02, 2021 10:13AM

Ive always said pick ol in lower rounds for depth....but you are hard of hearing and like to twist facts to fit your twisted agenda.

Date: April 02, 2021 10:31AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Ive always said pick ol in lower rounds for
> depth....but you are hard of hearing and like to
> twist facts to fit your twisted agenda.

Really what have I twisted?
OL deserves the same attention as any position. At least I give facts, stats, Educated guesses.

Its always the same with you. Pick this, and it must be in the first round. Or we are doomed. You do realize 1st round picks make up a very small percentage of the NFL Right?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.